DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/15/14

victor

Sounds like a good show. Thursday!

* Jerry Lawler, Byron Saxton and Michael Cole are on commentary. Lawler got a big pop.

* Byron Saxton interviewed Daniel Bryan in the ring.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Kane by DQ when Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble hit the ring. Big Show and Seth Rollins went to attack Bryan but he retreated. Roman Reigns came out and stood next to Bryan for a face off with the heels. Triple H came out and announced a six-man main event for later.

* Damien Sandow, The Miz and Alicia Fox defeated Naomi and The Usos. Sandow got a pop almost as big as Bryan.

* Paul Heyman comes out. Heyman talks about what happened on RAW but Seth Rollins comes out to confront him. Rollins is heated and wants to cash in on Brock Lesnar tonight but he’s not here. Heyman cut an awesome promo and the two teased working together after the Royal Rumble.

* Natalya defeated Nikki Bella in a non-title match.

* Bad News Barrett retained over Sin Cara in what was said to be a very fun match.

* Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns defeated Kane, Big Show and Seth Rollins in a really good main event. The babyfaces all got big pops and everyone worked hard. SmackDown ended with the faces celebrating.

* Paul Heyman comes out. Heyman talks about what happened on RAW but Seth Rollins comes out to confront him. Rollins is heated and wants to cash in on Brock Lesnar tonight

Well, so much for all those people that said Seth Rollins didn't cash in on RAW because because he's smart.

People said it made sense for Rollins not to cash in. Nobody said the writers were smart enough to understand why.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Kane by DQ when Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble hit the ring. Big Show and Seth Rollins went to attack Bryan but he retreated. Roman Reigns came out and stood next to Bryan for a face off with the heels. Triple H came out and announced a six-man main event for later.

bvn8l.gif

• Like 3

Yeah, he definitely had a stronger aura when they hid him in the trios matches. To the point where you could hear the fans going "ohhhhh shhhhhhhhhh" whenever he tagged in.

Or it is a heel brazenly challenging someone he knows isn't there in order to seem tough. Seth can't be serious, he knows Brock is not at a Smackdown.

Again it's so obvious I don't see how so-called smart wrestling fans can't work it out.

An architect gimmick in the 90's would have been money.  I can kinda see a heel architect knocking people out with a loaded blueprint carrying tube and tagging with IRS.

It's really a time waster debating what smart wrestling fans would do vs. what WWE writers would do.  Based on the past several years of RAW, I'm skeptical most WWE writers are wrestling fans.

• Like 1

One day, they'll have him come out with a t-square and blueprints to really drive that point home. Just like how Aaron Neville will wear a mouse costume.

An architect gimmick in the 90's would have been money.  I can kinda see a heel architect knocking people out with a loaded blueprint carrying tube and tagging with IRS.

It's really a time waster debating what smart wrestling fans would do vs. what WWE writers would do.  Based on the past several years of RAW, I'm skeptical most WWE writers are wrestling fans.

There was already a heel architect in the 90's who was adept at lying and screwing people over

george.png

• Like 5

Per Meltz:

HHH came out at the end of the show and announced Bryan vs. Kane for next week, and if Bryan didn't win, he's out of the Rumble.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

• Like 1

Is it asking too much to get f'n Kane out of the main event scene?

Dude, Kane is so grabbing the brass ring right now.  When one of the young boys knocks him off his perch, then he can be out of the main event scene.  

Kane has "it".  He has "the intangibles".

Per Meltz:

HHH came out at the end of the show and announced Bryan vs. Kane for next week, and if Bryan didn't win, he's out of the Rumble.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

This will happen every show until the Rumble.  If D Bryan wins the Rumble they will threaten his Mania match every show until Mania.  It would be great if they handled this story line the same way they handled HHH return from the quad tears. Guy comes back, crushed everyone and everythinng, wins title.  Oh yeah.  I forgot he came back with 30lbs more muscle.   

One day, they'll have him come out with a t-square and blueprints to really drive that point home. Just like how Aaron Neville will wear a mouse costume.

An architect gimmick in the 90's would have been money. I can kinda see a heel architect knocking people out with a loaded blueprint carrying tube and tagging with IRS.

It's really a time waster debating what smart wrestling fans would do vs. what WWE writers would do. Based on the past several years of RAW, I'm skeptical most WWE writers are wrestling fans.

There was already a heel architect in the 90's who was adept at lying and screwing people over

george.png

Seth decided he wanted to be a city planner, leading to his scholarship being revoked. He became so distraught that he ended up joining the Van Buren Boys.

• Like 3

Kane has been near the top of the card or featured in a prominent role for almost 20 years now. I'm pretty sure that's the best indication he DOES in fact have the "it" factor and the intangibles and that's he's grabbed a brass ring.

"It"

"Intangibles"

"Brass ring"

I'd offer a drinking game everytime these words are brought up anywhere wrestling-related, but if attempted we'd die of alcohol poisoning.

That said, barring any stupid backstage segments it doesn't sound like a bad show.  Going to be nice to see Daniel wrestling again.