DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

So Natural has Serena on his Shia LeBeouf list.

*sighs*

Hate to do it. . .

*scratch mark through Nat's name on Cuddly Awards list*

Right in the feels, folks.  The ounce of feels I have?  It hurts. :(

Sorry 'bout that matey xxx. Usually support the underdog.

Novak's now on 10 Grand Slams after beating Federer in the US Open Final. Djokovic is now 4 behind Nadal and 7 behind Roger. With Nadal's drop in form in recnt years, I see Djokovic passing Nadal's total. The big one missing from Novak's collection is the French Open. Amazing if the same era of tennis can produce three male players completing all four Grand Slams.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I stayed up watch the men's finals last night. My man Novak let me go to bed early (a little after 4 AM). He made Andy Murray look like my in 8th grade taking tennis lessons. It was just unreal how bad he rolled him.

Murray's at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The only way I'd pick Djokovic to lose in Australia is if he was struck by lightning. Even then I'd ask for more details.

He actually played kind of bad earlier in the tournamet - 100 unforced errors in a match and still won??? - but after he got that out of his system you knew it could get nasty.

• 1 month later...

She received at least five warnings about the "medicine" and kept taking it anyway. And the manufacturer says you're supposed to take it for six weeks - Maria has been taking it for a decade. And, oh yeah, it's illegal to bring it into the U.S., which she almost certainly has done.

Also, she is the seventh Russian to be busted for this exact same medication.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We'll get a new French Open Men's Champion as Andy Murray will play Novak Djokovic in the final. Novak is going for the Career Grand Slam. I fancy Andy Murray to win in four or five sets. If Murray wins, to complete the Career Grand Slam he has to win the Australian Open having lost all five finals.

Well, there we go. Djokovic completes the career Grand Slam and is now tied with Roy Emerson for career slams (12) and two away from Nadal and Sampras. Third man to ever hold all four titles at the same time. Plus he has a chance at the very least of doing a career Golden Slam with Rio 2016.  Oh, and is the closest to a men's calendar Grand Slam since Jim Courier in 1992 (pesky French Open).

• Like 1

Maria Sharapova has just been suspended for 2 years for using PEDs.  

At the ripe ol' age of 31 when (or if) she comes back, I'm saying she's done as a top player. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wimbledon 2016 big spoiler:

Novak Djokovic is out!!! 30 Grand Slam wins in a row ended by Sam Querrey in four sets. Number 1 seed vs. Number 28.

Novak was two sets down yesterday so rain might have saved him then and not playing on Centre Court which has the retractable roof.

Andy Murray and Roger Federer owe Sam Querrey Thank You presents.

• Like 1

On 2016-06-29 at 1:35 PM, Dewar said:

Eugenie Bouchard may have found a way to make it to the second week of a major: have your match get rained out repeatedly. :)

Not enough rain. She's still out by Saturday. :(

• Like 1

In spoiler tags for those who don't want to know or time differences in the US:

Roger Federer comes back from two sets down to beat Marin Cilic. Cillic had three match points in the fourth. Cilic's is going to feel shitty as he came so close to beating Federer.

Andu Murray won the first two sets against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga but Jo's won two with no reply so it's a fifth and deciding set.