DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Serena Williams' pregnancy has been confirmed and she will not play for the rest of the 2017 season

Baby is due in the Fall and Serena plays on returning in 2018

Now some other women might have a chance at winning a major

My favorite tweet about this:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Serena Williams' pregnancy has been confirmed and she will not play for the rest of the 2017 season

Baby is due in the Fall and Serena plays on returning in 2018

Now some other women might have a chance at winning a major.

A blessing in disguise for me. 

Serena is pretty much the only reason my significant other watches Tennis, so I am off the hook for the rest of the year and can maybe sneak in some more video gaming instead of having to suffer through "quality time" whenever Serena plays.

Congratulations to Serena Williams though it was 2 vs. 1 in the Austrailian Open ; ).

Sporting Twat of the Year is already won by Ilie Nastase for what he said about Serena Williams child and his comments/behaviour to Team Great Britain against his Romanian side in the Fed Cup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, shit.  I thought I was going to be able to duck the French Open, but Madison Keys and Venus are still in it so my boo will be supportive as long as they continue to win.

She also likes Tsonga.

So, what ratio of the WTA Women's circuit roster does not have a last name that ends in "ova"?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Rafael Nadal won his TENTH French Open yesterday. Nadal has only lost twice at the event. Rafa there is like the final boss on a video game X1000.

Nadal's opponents need to start trying to unlock the contra code on his ass.  Probably be just as effective.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 0:28 PM, John Austin said:

Pete Sampras is my all time favorite player and i didn't think there would be anyone better, then we get this generations group of players. My god. 

I would love to see Prime Pete and Andre in the mix with Rafa, Roger & Joker.  Good grief.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wimbledon winners? Going with Federer. Past times I've gone with Nadal, he's gone out to big upsets so now he'll win ; ) Women's Kerber perhaps? I'll go for Kvitova, be amazing if she wins for the 3rd time after the awful knife attack in her own home.

Natural secretly pined to be Yo-Yo's Roomie, and you stole that from him!

My Wimbledon picks are Murray and Venus. Women's side is a crapshoot without Serena in the draw, and Venus getting one more major win would be a feel-good story.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 0:00 PM, odessasteps said:

DO NOT WATCH the injury suffered by bethanie mattek-sands. 

It's mccallum/McGhee bad. 

The radio coverage said Bethanie Mattek-Sands injury was bad. The next day the sports reader, George Riley big into rugby said it was terrible and horrible. It was.

Nadal fights back from two sets down, and then loses 15-13 in the fifth set.

Does Djokovic's match even start tonight? Longest women's match of the day, followed by longest men's match of the day on court #1.