DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

2-2. Novak won Set 1 and 3. Federer Sets 2 and 4.

BBC:

Djokovic has won all seven Grand Slam finals where he's been 2-1 up, Federer has lost all eight of his finals from 2-1 down.

Bonus:

D_cvzFoXsAE1Pm2.jpg

Edited by The Natural

Seems like this was a match that none of the two deserved to loose. It might have been Federer's last shot at a Grand Slam, I kind of feel for him, especially since he lost all three sets in a tie-break.

Lots of respect for Djokovic, though. It will be really weird when the top three finally (and probably gradually) decide to step down. The top guys ranking wise among the young guns regularly drop matches to unseeded opponents and such in Grand Slam tournaments, from what I understand. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really wild tournament this year. This has been some really memorable tennis. We're a Rafa upset away from neither of The Big 3 making it to the semi-finals. When the hell was the last time that happened? I'm thinking 2002 or 2003? 

Medvedev's heel turn was super fun. I hope he keeps the shtick up. I was hoping he would say: "I plan on winning the US Open just like how Russia won the last US election!" 

Bianca vs Serena in the U.S. Open final on Saturday afternoon. Bianca is only the third Canadian to make a grand slam final, and could be the first to win one. Should be a good match, both of them are playing very good this week.

• Like 1