DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Isner/Anderson, first semi-final on today is still going on! 2-2 in sets, 17-18 to Isner.

Second longest Wimbledon singles match behind Isner/Mahut 70-68 (2010) and longest Wimbledon semi-final.

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Second longest Wimbledon singles match behind Isner/Mahut 70-68 (2010) and longest Wimbledon semi-final.

Getting flashbacks to the Isner/Mahut match, the longest in tennis history at 11 hours and 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Wimbledon rule change for 2019:

"No fifth set tiebreakers, unless one of the player is named Isner"

I think with how long this went, the toll to both players, how fatigued Anderson will be in the final and the problems caused to the second semi-final, I think a fifth set tiebreaker will be introduced.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Better change: Get rid of John Isner. For fuck's sake, please. The single most unwatchable, boring pro athlete in any major sport of the last 40 years.

Such a truthful statement. He is literally just a serve, and hopes to win tiebreakers. The only tennis player I actively hope loses early and often, so he is not around to taint semifinals and finals on the weekends.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:44 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Very happy Kerber won since most of my other favorites went out in the quarterfinals or before that. 

I'm glad Kerber beat S. Williams, all she needs now is the French Open for the Career Grand Slam.

Djokovic beat a knackered Anderson in the Wimbledon Men's Final, his fourth.

Ten years ago Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer in the 2008 Wimbledon Men's Final by three sets to two. It's the greatest tennis match of all time and to mark the anniversary, Wimbledon's uploaded the whole match on YouTube: