DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Weekend

ben.

I didn't see one of these around and thought it might help some people, like myself, who are planning to go to Wrestlemania and need a reminder of everything that is going on. So, events for Wrestlemania Weekend (Or would it be Week?) to be updated as new information shows up:

NOTE: These are all the events I've found, let me know if the list needs updated. Obviously there is a Fan Axxess going on too but I couldn't find info on any of that as of yet...

3/26

Evolve Wrestling/King of the Indies Night 1 @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds - 8 PM

Wrestlemania Axxess @ San Jose Convention Center

3/27

WrestleCon 2015 Session 1 @ San Jose Garden Airport Hotel - 9 AM - 4 PM

Evolve Wrestling @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds- 3 PM

Ring of Honor Presents Supercard of Honor IX @ The Sports House - 8 PM

King of the Indies Night 2 @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds - 8 PM

Kaiju Big Battle @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds- 11:55 PM

3/28

WrestleCon 2015 Session 2 @ San Jose Garden Airport Hotel - 9 AM - 4 PM

Shimmer Vol. 71 @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds - 12 PM

WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2015 @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds- 4 PM

WWE Hall of Fame @ SAP Center - 7 PM(?)

WrestleCon 2015 Show @ San Jose Garden Airport Hotel - 7 PM - 11 PM

King of the Indies Night 3 @ Santa Clara County Fairgrounds - 8 PM

3/29

WrestleCon Presents Mania Memories @ San Jose Garden Airport Hotel - 10 AM

WWE Wrestlemania XXXI @ Levi's Stadium - 3:30 PM

Venues

WWN SHOWS

Santa Clara County Fairgrounds

344 Tully Road
San Jose, California 95111

ROH

The Sports House

3151 Edison Way

Redwood City, CA 94063

WrestleCon

San Jose Airport Garden Hotel

1740 North 1st Street

San Jose, CA 95112

WWE Axxess

San Jose Convention Center

150 W San Carlos St.

San Jose, CA 95113

WWE Hall of Fame

SAP Center

525 West Santa Clara Street

San Jose, CA 95113

WWE Wrestlemania XXXI

4900 Marie P. DeBartolo Way

Santa Clara, CA 95054

• Like 3

Just bought my plane ticket and am now working on finding a nice AirBNB place and tickets for the WWN and Wrestlemania. Thought about ROH but it looks pretty far out of the way considering I don't think I'm going to rent a car. How does everyone plan on getting around out there?

If you're staying at a hotel in downtown San Jose the light rail will get you to Mania in Santa Clara but that's the only place it'll take you. Getting to the indy shows at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds will require a car. Light rail technically connects to the street the fairgrounds are on but you'd be looking at a 1-2 mile walk through a sketchy as fuck area. A shuttle from downtown would make so much sense but this place just doesn't work that way. I get the impression ROH doesn't know where Redwood City is because that's a solid hour of the heaviest traffic in the south bay.

working on finding a nice AirBNB place

As a lifelong San Jose resident, this sounds horrifying. What have you found so far?

If you're staying at a hotel in downtown San Jose the light rail will get you to Mania in Santa Clara but that's the only place it'll take you. Getting to the indy shows at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds will require a car. Light rail technically connects to the street the fairgrounds are on but you'd be looking at a 1-2 mile walk through a sketchy as fuck area. A shuttle from downtown would make so much sense but this place just doesn't work that way. I get the impression ROH doesn't know where Redwood City is because that's a solid hour of the heaviest traffic in the south bay.

working on finding a nice AirBNB place

As a lifelong San Jose resident, this sounds horrifying. What have you found so far?

I found an older couple who rent out a studio apartment. It didn't look too bad and I likely will not be there at all. It is about a 1.5-mile trek from Levi's Stadium so I'll probably do my morning jog the day of Mania to Levi's Stadium and find a gym nearby to work out at and shower and then just hang around Levi's Stadium in the meantime unless anyone wants to grab drinks beforehand.

Now when you say that the Fairgrounds area is sketchy, what do you mean? Like I might get shot walking through the neighborhood or I just might get people who are giving me some dirty looks. I was planning on using a bike to get around past the Metro but would it be better to just rent a car?

Officially bought my ticket today and will be seating on the risers in section 112, looks like I'll likely be in about the last row (Row 20) so I'll be able to see decently.

Also announced for Night 2 of the King of the Indies 2015 is Ricochet Vs. Ultimo Dragon Vs. Juventud Guerrera, that sounds interesting to say the least...

I'm definitely going to ROH. I enjoyed their Mania weekend show a lot last year.

Trying to decide if I should do Axxess/Wrestlecon again. Axxess was really rushed and I didn't feel like I got a lot out of it, although maybe a VIP session is better. Wrestlecon was a good experience, but it feels like something that could have some serious diminishing returns year after year.

I'll probably go to the King of the Indies show.

Based on personal experience, I'd say Wrestlecon is considerably better. I was so disappointed by Axxess.

Depends on the location.   Last year was pretty bad because it was in an extremely cramped area with long lines to get in even if you had a ticket for day.   Other years have been good.  But it is definitely a good place to go to get stuff like DVD and figures and stuff unlike Axxess

• 3 weeks later...

Now when you say that the Fairgrounds area is sketchy, what do you mean? Like I might get shot walking through the neighborhood or I just might get people who are giving me some dirty looks. I was planning on using a bike to get around past the Metro but would it be better to just rent a car?

Sorry for bumping a two week old topic, but I thought this could use a response.

As a dude that grew up in that neighborhood, I don't find it to be all that sketchy. It is a bit of a rough neighborhood, but it's not a war zone by any means. Especially if you aren't going to be there in the middle of the night, you have nothing to worry about. Also, you don't need a car to get to the Fairgrounds from downtown SJ, you can take the number 68 bus to Monterey Highway And Curtner Avenue and walk like a half mile to the Fairgrounds. I don't know if you are going to Kaiju Big Battel, but if so, then I would rent a car, since that show doesn't start until like midnight.

• Like 1

King of Indies is going to have Ricochet Vs. Juventud Guerrera Vs. Ultimo Dragon.

Evolve has announced a few matches throughout the weekend with Drew Galloway Vs. Justin Gabriel, Ricochet Vs. Justin Gabriel, Ricochet and Uhaa Vs. Generation Next.

WrestleCon is going to have Hardy Vs. RVD and Sabu, ACH Vs. John Morrison, Team Chris Hero Vs. Team Colt Cabana.

I'm thinking about going to Fogo de Chao on Friday afternoon if anyone wants to meet up and throw down on some all you can eat steak and salad, costs 34.50 and I'll likely be there at 11:30 AM that day so I can get to Evolve by 3 :)