DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-12-15

MGFanJay

Vvozq4L.png

PamNjDT.png

The only thing collapsing faster than the ruble is the state of Lana's bun.

Judging from those pictures, I think the Titty Master had his way with Lana. She has that far off look on her face in the top picture because she's still thinking about Dean's lunatic fringe.

• Like 1

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T ROLLINS CASH IN????

Because then he'd just have to defend it in the triple threat? Best answer I can come up with having not even seen the show.

It is really this simple, yet people are over thinking it. Cena was out there and would have broken up a pin, and even if he were successful, he would still have the triple threat match to worry about. Now, he can try to win it in the match and if he loses, he can cash in with better odds of walking out champ.

• Like 1

Because then he'd just have to defend it in the triple threat? Best answer I can come up with having not even seen the show.

It is really this simple, yet people are over thinking it. Cena was out there and would have broken up a pin, and even if he were successful, he would still have the triple threat match to worry about. Now, he can try to win it in the match and if he loses, he can cash in with better odds of walking out champ.

I wish I could buy that logic but kayfabe says that the Authority would have Rollins's back. He has a lot of people helping him cheat his way to the title and he has the Contract.

If the plan is to book Rollins as the dark horse, it isn't working.  Cena is the clear underdog and Rollins is the favorite to win, IMO.  Typical Dusty Finish at the PPV would be to have Lensar retain.

• Like 1

That Asian dude was the best and reminded me of Lee Scott. I wish Barrett was on the show more instead of being a lumberjack and calling it a day.

There needs to be love for that guy on every page of this thread.

• Like 1

Here's my main beef with this show: failure to follow "Wrestling 101" of promos.

Big Show tells us all that Roman Reigns is a loser, and anyone that likes Roman is a loser, too.  Then Roman Reigns comes out and Big Show flees the ring like a bitch, while Roman Reigns struggles to tell Big Show that HE is a loser, too.

So...why would I fucking care (or theoretically pay money) to watch anyone fight a loser? If you beat a loser...who fucking cares?  He's a loser. Or worse: what happens when that loser beats YOU...or if you just run away from said loser like a fucking coward?

Big Show should be reminding us that Roman is "Superstar Of The Year," has a Royal Rumble record, and is the hottest topic in the WWE right now...and he, The Big Show, is gonna knock him the fuck out at the Royal Rumble and end all the damn hype. Make us WANT to see them fight. And Roman shouldn't...well, he shouldn't be cutting promos at all. I kid: but maybe he should cut promos against lethal giants (especially one that just killed Superman an hour previous) that don't involve jokes about fairy tales.  Maybe treat the fight of your life like it's a serious fucking thing?

And JBL saying the guys facing The Ascension "don't even deserve to be in a damn WWE ring" ... why should I fucking care, then? Jesus. 

• Like 7

Yes! This! A hundred thousand billion fucking times! How in the hell do you fuck this up!?!?!?!? Jesus Christ! Sure, he would have to defend in the three way at the Rumble, but its a pro wrestling trope that keeping a title is easier than winning one. Wheres your logic Vince?!

Also, why is JBL, who is ostensibly a heel announcer, burying heel tag team the Ascension? This universe has no logic!! Nuke it from orbit, it is the only way to be sure. Fuck.

And Roman "Mother Goose" Reigns? The fuck outta here. Sell that shit at amateur hour captain overhyped.

Enjoyed Kidd and Cesaro.

• Like 1

Enjoyed this Raw more than any other in quite awhile, despite some flaws.

Funny how most people could give the typical extended promo that takes way too long to say something simple and I change the channel, but Paul Heyman or Daniel Bryan do it and I'm glued to the tv.

Would love to see a gif of the guy in the crowd celebrating Bryan's diss of Stephanie's workout video.

No way in hell should Rollins have cashed in at the end. Why waste it when you already have a title shot and would just have to defend it against the top two guys in the business? Save that thing in case you lose. I was shocked to see posters here complaining about it.

Totally agree with Marty about the poor logic in having Show run down Reigns like that.

Welcome to Raw, Booker T. Glad to have you.

And JBL saying the guys facing The Ascension "don't even deserve to be in a damn WWE ring" ... why should I fucking care, then? Jesus. 

The entire point is the Ascension are claiming to be so great, but facing a bunch of jobbers instead of real tag teams like the Dusts and Usos.

Also, why is JBL, who is ostensibly a heel announcer, burying heel tag team the Ascension? This universe has no logic!! Nuke it from orbit, it is the only way to be sure. Fuck.

He did the same with MVP and Miz and gave them their cred when they improved and/or did something nice for him. Not sure why he has to support very heel right out of the gate. Heels aren't all necessarily friends.

So watching this show it honestly felt like I was watching a greatest bits show. It's like they went through years and years worth of scripts and copy and pasted the "best bits" from them and made that into this show. This is the WWE's biggest problem in a nutshell. They refuse to do anything new and fresh. They always go back to the wheelhouse and just do stuff that they've been doing for literally the last 15 years.

Cena did make me laugh though when he said if the fired superstars aren't hired back, he's gonna win the title and go home. What position would that put the WWE in? Oh I don't know...where its been the last three months or so with Brock doing the same thing? Honestly I believe the days of the champion having to defend at least every 30 days are long gone. I liked how things were going with Brock only showing up when it was something important. It made the champion a big deal again. Hogan wasn't on every episode of Superstars back in the day.

As for Roman Reigns...please stop making him talk. Just have him punch people and spear em. The more he talks the more he goes down in flames. I mean tonight Fairy Tale Reigns was horrible. I understand his fan base is mostly women but I am pretty sure they are not listening to him.

I'm amazed at how much they have fucked up The Acension. I wasn't that impressed with them in NXT but they are a nice enough throw back to a team from the 80's. Man JBL buried the fuck out of them on commentary. They went from being something interesting in NXT to a joke on RAW in a span of two weeks. That's got to have everyone down in NXT fearing their eventual call up.

As for the contract signing, I had this feeling that maybe Rollins would cash in. I think they missed a big chance here to do it. Brock just does not want to be there. I'm sure he would have been all for getting out of the match at the Rumble. Ah well after seeing that German that Seth took it's going to be fun to see Brock fling him around.

The entire point is the Ascension are claiming to be so great, but facing a bunch of jobbers instead of real tag teams like the Dusts and Usos.

I get the point, but the presentation can be different. WWE has done this for years with guys. New guy comes in, get paired with jobbers and nobodies for a bit, dominate, and then move on to real challenges. The commentators can easily put over the fact of how strong the new team is and how they are simply sending a message to the WWE tag teams. The commentators can talk about the long title reign in NXT and how the team was THE TEAM in NXT and pimp the fact that they already have wins against The Usos and the former WWE tag team champions The Miz and Damien Mizdow. The commentators jobbing those guys out on commentary is pretty damning as people like to repeat what the commentators say and take it from there. Look at the team's Facebook page WWE created last week (?). It's like JBL and the team made 3,000 accounts just to troll the guys.

For the record: I think they completely suck and I am not a fan.

• Like 1

But Cibernetico wouldn't that require the WWE and to an extent JBL to ignalage something they don't really ignalage. I mean JBL was the commissioner of the damn thing yet when Emma showed up on Raw he acted like he had no clue on gods green earth who she was EVEN when Cole told him she was from NXT.

Yes! This! A hundred thousand billion fucking times! How in the hell do you fuck this up!?!?!?!? Jesus Christ! Sure, he would have to defend in the three way at the Rumble, but its a pro wrestling trope that keeping a title is easier than winning one.

Nah - triple threat matches are pretty much regarded as unfair to whoever is holding the belt, and he already has the shot, so why blow his extra opportunity early and cash in? Main event angle was fine (and made Rollins look like a star for once instead of a lackey), show in general sucked but for the usual reasons and not because Rollins didn't cash in.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed Brock's bump on the curb stomp. The way he takes it by spreading his arms out and nose-butting the mat as hard as he can is magical.

Also, you know Lana has her hair up in a bun so that one day she can lower it down in a seductive manner to hypnotise some naive young babyface, or you know..me. Either one is fine.

Reigns' Savage impression was 10000 times more entertaining than his in-ring promo. He just comes off so much better in real life than when he's spouting the overscripted Rock-lite cartoon promos. It gets said about a lot of guys, but the difference is so huge here that I can't imagine no one important noticing it.

His attempts to flesh out his moveset, though...oof. He's worked in a sloppy Jackhammer and an even sloppier version of Cena's Throwback now. He needs a couple of comeback power moves, so the instinct is right, but half-assing his way through other guys' signature moves isn't going to do his in-ring reputation any favors.

• Like 2