DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-12-15

MGFanJay

Because he actually showed a bit more character than before. I thought it was a vast improvement over his other promos.

I'd really like you to expand on this a little more.

It's unfathomable to me that anyone could enjoy that.

Come on. Are we really giving credit out for a Macho Man impression? Every self respecting wrestling fan should have a good Macho "Oh Yeahhhhhhh", Hogan "Whatcha Gonna Do", Austin "And that's the bottom line", Cactus Jack "Bang Bang" and Ric Flair "Whoooooooo" in their arsenal at all times.

One glaring omission from your list is Dusty Rhodes.

I literally laughed out loud at John Cena's plan to hijack the title.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I'm gonna win the WWE Championship and then... I'm gonna stay at home!

Can you imagine that? How disastrous would that be? The reigning WWE champion not being on television, probably for several months, not defending the title. Unimaginable.

Or they could just create another world title like the last time the reigning champion held the title hostage. You'd think Cena would remember that, seeing as how that was the night he gallantly beat newly crowned champ Rey Mysterio

• Like 3

Vince writing for you is not good at this point. Today Meltzer mentioned that "irritable bowel syndrome" was Vince's favorite saying.

So, it's a safe bet that on either Smackdown or Raw next week, Reigns is going to accuse Big Show of suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. We'll probably also see the return of Big Show being hosed down with feces.

As far as the material for Reigns' promos, I think Vince is pitching the lines to his granddaughters and they're the ones green-lighting this crap.

Vince has to be a great crazy Granpa. Only thing is the kids thing he's acting when in reality he's just being himself.

HUH HUH HUH IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME. THATS RIGHT HE CAN'T TAKE A DUMP.

- God, this show is unbearable when I have to watch 3 hours.  Curse you Fox for pre-empting Gotham.

- I don't think the hastag they had Cena try to push ever trended on twitter... but Dr. Shelby, who wasn't even on the show, did.

- They are fucking blowing it with Roman.  What got him over was being man of few words who goes out there and kicks ass.  They should not have him trying to be Cena II.  While it felt like there maybe something there, his material he's working with is complete shit.

- Speaking of blowing it, they're trying to be cute rather than good with Ambrose.  Dean seems to be working slightly better with the shit they're giving him, but had they have him do the Stone Cold serious crazy baby face, they'd be better off.  I was almost expecting them to have Dean hypnotize the Doctor into thinking he was a chicken when they cut back to them later on.

- While logically, Kane/Bryan makes sense, it is absolutely a match I have no interest in.

- It was funny watching Twitter and Hurricane Helms and Lance Storm trying to think the roster impersonating Macho Man was some sort of disrespect of him.  Some of the impersonations should not have been shown.

- Dolph Ziggler was only tweeting about the NCAA Championship game.  I hope no one let him know Cena didn't get his job back.

This was a weird, promo-heavy show.

I liked the main event promo a lot. Lesnar casually lumping in HHH with the list of people he's beaten was great. Rollins had some of his best promo work to date was this close to getting face heat. With the Rumble in Philly, the crowd reactions to that match will be interesting. It almost looks like Lesnar could be working total face. I imagine Rollins will still be in weasel mode, and no way Philly's cheering for Cena.

That end to that Ambrose psych evaluation series was pretty WTF.

Reigns' material continues to be awful and his reactions appear to be dwindling. I swear I heard a faint "let's go Harper" chant at one point.

I must be the only one who really likes what's going on with the Ascension. The payoff has to be cheating to win against name teams, including some early NAO-level shenanigans to capture the belts. Then most of their "defenses" are squashes against local jobbers while they claim an absurd winning streak.

Come on. Are we really giving credit out for a Macho Man impression? Every self respecting wrestling fan should have a good Macho "Oh Yeahhhhhhh", Hogan "Whatcha Gonna Do", Austin "And that's the bottom line", Cactus Jack "Bang Bang" and Ric Flair "Whoooooooo" in their arsenal at all times.

Id add:

The Rock - If ya smell...

Roadwarriors - OooooooooooooWhaaaaaataaaaruuush!

Scott Hall - Hey yo...

The entire New Age Outlaws intro - Everything from "Ladies and Gentlemen" through "Two words for ya..."

And a real fan should already be working on Enzo and Cass' bit. Gotta learn it yourself though "Coz you can't teach that..."

• Like 1

Id add:

The Rock - If ya smell...

Roadwarriors - OooooooooooooWhaaaaaataaaaruuush!

Scott Hall - Hey yo...

The entire New Age Outlaws intro - Everything from "Ladies and Gentlemen" through "Two words for ya..."

And a real fan should already be working on Enzo and Cass' bit. Gotta learn it yourself though "Coz you can't teach that..."

After Warrior died people at work were busting out their boffo impressions like mad, so there's that too.

Something else I just remembered: with the Pelicans dead last in the division and the Saints not even making the playoffs this year, who the fuck thought Show name-checking the KNICKS would get the crowd worked up?

THIS X 1000!!!  My wife and I were watching and were just like, "the fucking KNICKS, really?" 

I'm a Louisianan and a hardcore Saints fan, and good lord, Show could have blown the lid off the place if he'd done some Saints bashing.  I mean, the place would have gone insane - you do NOT badmouth the New Orleans Saints in New Orleans.  You're better off making Katrina jokes. 

And while it's not as obvious, having Lana show a pic of Roger Goodell instead of Putin would have gotten the crowd pretty nuts, too. 

Sure, maybe Vince said to somebody that the NFL isn't "global" enough, or maybe New York is the "bigger market," but yeah, he could have at least brought up the Pels.  Still, though, the Rock dropped a Who Dat in Lafayette and it was probably the loudest a Lafayette crowd ever got for them.

Or an R-Truth.  Does R-Truth still work for the company?  

Yes.  Apparently he messed up the town name once, four years ago.  I know this because the commentators mention it every single time he's on Raw or Smackdown.

- It was funny watching Twitter and Hurricane Helms and Lance Storm trying to think the roster impersonating Macho Man was some sort of disrespect of him.  Some of the impersonations should not have been shown.

More disrespectful to use him while dead when they wouldn't while alive. Loved Savage but had to turn the channel when they were running the videos since it just doesn't sit right with me.

As for the rest of Raw...The most notable thing about RAW this week was how the best thing on the show was just a simple stare down between Rollins and Lesnar.  Seems like such an easy business to get right sometimes.