DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-12-15

MGFanJay

TBF, Lanny doesn't have a reason to lie about something like that anymore.

Getting back to the show, I'm digging the hell out of Rollins' act. He's come into his own as a dirtbag heel who connives like crazy yet brings the goods in-ring as well. Also loved that he was standing tall after laying out Cena AND Brock. I don't get people bitching that he didn't cash in... heavy is the head that wears the crown, after all. He can go into the match knowing that even if he doesn't win, he can still cash in afterwards.

I really, REALLY wish they didn't keep piling the heat on Stephie like this... there's no way anyone without a set of boobs can credibly get their heat back on her without resorting to some heinous act that would bring every womens' watchdog group raining down on them.

I also thought you can't cash in on someone unconscious.

Daniel Bryan's cash in on The Big Show begs to differ.

• Like 1

I actually liked the Reigns promo.

I'm not adverse to a different opinion, but please explain why you liked this.  I could defend to a degree last week, but last night was the worst.  Even if you want to point to his delivery, it's impossible to listen to him with the shitty dialogue.

I'm not adverse to a different opinion, but please explain why you liked this.  I could defend to a degree last week, but last night was the worst.  Even if you want to point to his delivery, it's impossible to listen to him with the shitty dialogue.

I thought it was better than last week, in both content and delivery. That doesn't mean that I liked it, or that i think it's good. It's frustrating to no end to me to know that Roman is one of the most gregarious, likable people I've ever been around, and after a few weeks of this nonsense IM ready to see him go away...

Brock confirmed what we pretty much all knew, that he has the ability to manipulate time and space.

"The future starts when I say it starts".

I now want to see a re-creation of "Back to the Future" with the Time Splitters as Marty and Brock as Biff.  It'd be a license to print money.

• Like 2

Were you lobotomized recently?

... I have had a series of head injuries in my lifetime...

Because he actually showed a bit more character than before. I thought it was a vast improvement over his other promos.

• Like 1

I made peace with the Macho Man before he died, too. We had a wonderful phone conversation and he told me he was my real dad.

Wrestling!

And Hulk told me I was Macho's dad. Yup....I'm yer Grandpappy...

• Like 1

That tall tale is something that is best used for a bedtime story for his daughter.  For a wrestling show?  No, not at all.  I might have been able to tolerate it if it was short.  But a couple minutes of that was maddening.

Best part of Raw was everyone's reactions at the end. Steph was clapping and shouting "You're the man!" Heyman was clutching the belt in a death hug. And Hunter just had this grim look on his face as if Rollins' was the biggest idiot in the world.

• Like 1

And JBL saying the guys facing The Ascension "don't even deserve to be in a damn WWE ring" ... why should I fucking care, then? Jesus. 

The entire point is the Ascension are claiming to be so great, but facing a bunch of jobbers instead of real tag teams like the Dusts and Usos.

I get the point, but the presentation can be different. WWE has done this for years with guys. New guy comes in, get paired with jobbers and nobodies for a bit, dominate, and then move on to real challenges. The commentators can easily put over the fact of how strong the new team is and how they are simply sending a message to the WWE tag teams. The commentators can talk about the long title reign in NXT and how the team was THE TEAM in NXT and pimp the fact that they already have wins against The Usos and the former WWE tag team champions The Miz and Damien Mizdow. The commentators jobbing those guys out on commentary is pretty damning as people like to repeat what the commentators say and take it from there. Look at the team's Facebook page WWE created last week (?). It's like JBL and the team made 3,000 accounts just to troll the guys.

For the record: I think they completely suck and I am not a fan.

Everything you just said would defeat the point of the current angle.

So is the angle that Ascension claims they are great until they face competition and lose? That feels like it would be the natural course but seems as good as the "losing streak" angles they always do are at getting someone over.

And JBL saying the guys facing The Ascension "don't even deserve to be in a damn WWE ring" ... why should I fucking care, then? Jesus. 

The entire point is the Ascension are claiming to be so great, but facing a bunch of jobbers instead of real tag teams like the Dusts and Usos.

I get the point, but the presentation can be different. WWE has done this for years with guys. New guy comes in, get paired with jobbers and nobodies for a bit, dominate, and then move on to real challenges. The commentators can easily put over the fact of how strong the new team is and how they are simply sending a message to the WWE tag teams. The commentators can talk about the long title reign in NXT and how the team was THE TEAM in NXT and pimp the fact that they already have wins against The Usos and the former WWE tag team champions The Miz and Damien Mizdow. The commentators jobbing those guys out on commentary is pretty damning as people like to repeat what the commentators say and take it from there. Look at the team's Facebook page WWE created last week (?). It's like JBL and the team made 3,000 accounts just to troll the guys.

For the record: I think they completely suck and I am not a fan.

Everything you just said would defeat the point of the current angle.

So is the angle that Ascension claims they are great until they face competition and lose? That feels like it would be the natural course but seems as good as the "losing streak" angles they always do are at getting someone over.

The point would be they win and prove the naysayers wrong. As it is currently there is literally no reason for the announce team to put them over. JBL did this shit with both MVP and Miz until they actually did something impressive. For a team that is pretty damn mediocre and wouldn't be able to pull the nise Road Warriors/Eliminators gimmick off to a larger audience since they have neither presence or charisma, its not the worst plan.

So Seth is HHH's project and Ambrose & Reigns are Vince's at this point? Makes so much sense. Fortunately in Ambrose case he has the personality that can turn shit into gold like Bryan can. Reigns needs to just go off fucking script, pitch himself some ideas that doesn't make him sound like Home Bargains Dwayne Johnson, I want to like him but he's being fed so much trash it's hard not to cringe and reach for the remote. 

Vince writing for you is not good at this point. Today Meltzer mentioned that "irritable bowel syndrome" was Vince's favorite saying.

So, it's a safe bet that on either Smackdown or Raw next week, Reigns is going to accuse Big Show of suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. We'll probably also see the return of Big Show being hosed down with feces.

As far as the material for Reigns' promos, I think Vince is pitching the lines to his granddaughters and they're the ones green-lighting this crap.

I literally laughed out loud at John Cena's plan to hijack the title.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I'm gonna win the WWE Championship and then... I'm gonna stay at home!

Can you imagine that? How disastrous would that be? The reigning WWE champion not being on television, probably for several months, not defending the title. Unimaginable.

• Like 2

I thoroughly enjoyed Brock's bump on the curb stomp. The way he takes it by spreading his arms out and nose-butting the mat as hard as he can is magical.

Also, you know Lana has her hair up in a bun so that one day she can lower it down in a seductive manner to hypnotise some naive young babyface, or you know..me. Either one is fine.

Heel Lana: hair in a bun. Babyface Lana: hair is however she damn well pleases since Rusev or Putin can't tell her how to wear her hair anymore.