DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-12-15

MGFanJay

Booker stole the show with "he's Asian, not cajun!" Otherwise, they put Brock over strong, had Seth beat Cena thanks to 12 guys, and had Ambrose both look great and like a tool backstage before losing to Rusev. They had such a great go-home segment for Seth. Shame the PPV isn't this Sunday. I'm excited about the PPV, even if this show wasn't all that good.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/raw-1-12-15.html

Screens -

a1c3de381093780.jpg

7fe694381099007.jpg

00d091381112542.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vflsrha94rs5xbhamfqpv8b3nhn5us3q

In all honesty, that might have been the fucking longest Raw ever. Between all the long promos that didn't accomplish anything but kill the crowd and most of the matches being in the 'blink and you'd miss it' time frame, I just don't get how a 3 hour show can feel so fucking long.

edit: If you are one of the divas and they say "Hey, it's you and Alicia Fox but your arm is going to be tied behind your back" how would you react? She doesn't care how she lands and she really doesn't care how the person taking her offense lands. But you take away the person taking Alicia Fox's offense ability to try to control how she lands? Damn, had to suck for Naomi.

• Like 1

The Randy Savage stuff was killing me and not in a "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT!". WWE handling this as if they are some 3rd party source to its own company was weird. People say that Raw goes through a bunch of re-writes and Vince can't make up his mind- was this one of those cases? Was Vince really like "Tonight is the night! Yes! Wait...no! Wait...YES!...wait..." all the up to about 10:30pm?

The Randy Savage stuff was killing me and not in a "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT!". WWE handling this as if they are some 3rd party source to its own company was weird. People say that Raw goes through a bunch of re-writes and Vince can't make up his mind- was this one of those cases? Was Vince really like "Tonight is the night! Yes! Wait...no! Wait...YES!...wait..." all the up to about 10:30pm?

"Please change the channel every so often during the National Championship game to see if we talk about Randy Savage." 

Didn't the "official" announcement actually fall during halftime?  I didn't/am not watching the game, but I seem to remember someone on my Facebook saying that.

Alright, I'm sold on the dynamic of Booker as the voice of reason next to shill Cole and contrarian JBL. Between actually defending Ascension and sounding genuinely upset about the Authority's shenanigans without telling a vaudeville joke five seconds later like Lawler, he actually made the show better for me. Been a while since I said that about an announcer.

• Like 5

You were looking at those 2 strands of out of place when Lana is out there.  Weird   :blink:

Nice to know they found an even dumber way for Ambrose to lose.    And this rate they are going to give him Chavo Guerrero vs Hornswoggle finishes he is so buried.  

I like how they hyped the Randy Savage "first look" documentary on the Network when it was the exact same thing they showed a month ago.  

Oh and what the fuck are they trying to do with Roman Reigns.  These promos are just getting worse and worse.   How can people consider him a bad ass with such awful childish material

"Please change the channel every so often during the National Championship game to see if we talk about Randy Savage." 

Didn't the "official" announcement actually fall during halftime?  I didn't/am not watching the game, but I seem to remember someone on my Facebook saying that.

I am not a football fan so I have no idea. If that was the internal thinking, it sure was stupid. Everything moves so fast today that even IF WWE decided to announce the induction 2 minutes into the second quarter- anyone connected to social media who really cared about the induction would have been notified of it within 30 seconds. I was sitting at home watching the fucking thing and I got 3 texts, 2 Facebook messages, and a Whatsapp message with people letting me know and offering brief thoughts. After typing all of this out, this sounds like this idea was cooked up by someone who is out-of-touch and who thinks this is perhaps 1982 and not 2015. Probably the same person who is running The Network like a cable channel. I wonder who that could be?

People running the show are aware they're supposed to be putting over their talent, right?

Not the shit that JBL does, right?

No because if talent can't get over after being set up to fail multiple times it's their own fault.....or something.

I take umbrage to Mr. Ambrose's statement that men who sit down to pee are weird, regardless of my zeal for his work! He is such an evil man, though, I know. His evil is what attracted me to him.

Was that the first on-screen acknowledgement that Kane was Isaac Yankem? Even if it was just a winking reference.

The awkward stare between Miz and Sandow was one of the most legitimately funny things in WWE in a long time.

Yay, Brian, Rollins, etcetera.

Frowny face for poor Roman Reigns with that terrible Jack and the Beanstalk thing. :( He isn't The Rock, so he can't get away with that well. They need to stop trying to make him cutesy if he's supposed to be a world beater and an ass kicker.

About the only good thing I can say about the show is that Reigns actually sounded pretty good delivery-wise.  The subject matter of the promo was the shits, but he didn't really stumble over anything and came off a lot more natural than he has been regularly.  It would really be better to do a less is more promo style with him, but he sounded a lot better this week, imo.

Rollins is still weasly, but he's been coming off like a lot more credible solo threat regardless of his goon squad's interference. 

• Like 1

I am not a football fan so I have no idea. If that was the internal thinking, it sure was stupid. Everything moves so fast today that even IF WWE decided to announce the induction 2 minutes into the second quarter- anyone connected to social media who really cared about the induction would have been notified of it within 30 seconds. I was sitting at home watching the fucking thing and I got 3 texts, 2 Facebook messages, and a Whatsapp message with people letting me know and offering brief thoughts. After typing all of this out, this sounds like this idea was cooked up by someone who is out-of-touch and who thinks this is perhaps 1982 and not 2015. Probably the same person who is running The Network like a cable channel. I wonder who that could be?

Yeah, I should stress I'm not at all interested in the game (and I live in Ohio, where everyone is going nuts about it), and I was hazarding a guess at best.