DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

95 South's version was "Whoot"

Tag Team was "Whoomp"

This is a post from a white man that follows the hip hop and not a white man that merely has black friends or the internets to depend on.

I approve.

• Like 4

Oh, and this was the awful moment during that Rock and Reigns promo I was speaking about.

tumblr_nirn5ajpsA1srbyoyo1_500.gif

I cringed so hard when Reigns did that. How did this guy go from complete badass to total dork in the span of a year?

• Like 5

Our 12 year old stopped watching wrestling around the time Daniel Bryan got injured and left. He was a big fan for about two years, and Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Ryback were his favorites. A few months ago, I asked him why he stopped watching and he said because Daniel Bryan was gone and for me to let him know when Bryan comes back. I let him know a month ago when he came back and he said "I guess I'll start watching again". The Rumble was the first PPV he's watched since WrestleMania. He was excited. He was in to the show. Then the Rumble happened. DB came out and he was happy. Things were going well. Then DB got eliminated. He immediately deflated. Kofi came out, and he perked up a little because he likes the "Kofi does crazy things to keep from getting eliminated" gimmick. Then Kofi got thrown on to the Rosebuds, put back in the ring, and was eliminated. Then he said "They are really ruining everything that makes the Rumble fun".

He doesn't hate Roman Reigns. He actually likes him. He wasn't that upset that Reigns won, but obviously knew the crowd didn't like it. I'm not sure how excited he is to keep watching after this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we go back to me just giving him updates on who the champions are every few months.

A friend asked if there was video out there of the end and I said there was no point, just imagine someone setting a pile of money on fire and taking a shit on it to put it out. He responded that even sounds better than what actually happened because at least that would get air play on Tosh.0.

Did they piss away a ton of money? Half the people who "cancelled the WWE Network" won't, most of the remainder said they will re-up for Mania or watch on Hulu which means they're still watching and putting money in WWE's pocket and not showing any decline in viewership

Yea but the numbers are already far below what they wanted anyway, so in the RR to WM stretch they can't afford to lose any subscribers, even if only 5% cancelled that's not the trend they want.  Obviously some people cancelled as their cancellation page went down, I know I cancelled (I was on the fence anyway as were probably most the people that cancelled), so its certainly not a good thing for WWE.  If they want a million to break even, and are currently at say 750K, they are just going to lose even more money then they already were on the Network.

They should have held Bryan until tonight. I just can't imagine anyone walks out of Rumble looking forward to WM. They may as well do Hunter and Reigns next month. Isn't the rumored main event Cena/Roman vs Show/Kane next month? Jesus, take the wheel.

Did they piss away a ton of money? Half the people who "cancelled the WWE Network" won't, most of the remainder said they will re-up for Mania or watch on Hulu which means they're still watching and putting money in WWE's pocket and not showing any decline in viewership

If I screenshot my cancellation email will you stop repeating this BS talking point of yours?

5RlfmlO.png

Edit: I'd sig that if it were smaller.

Ugh that's just as bad. Haven't they realized that Big Show and Kane are pretty much done as main eventers? I love Show think he's one of the best big men ever but I'm tired of seeing him in a main event role and Kane has been interesting two times in the past ten years or so, tagging with Bryan and when he was supernatural monster World Heavyweight Champion Kane who was finally more powerful than the Undertaker, other than that he has been a snooze fest.

• Like 1