DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

It isn't "millennials." It's just that we live in a consumerist society. Consumers will try to influence the products they like however they can, and the internet makes it easier for that to happen. 

I also think that this reaction is a bit different than the typical "we didn't like the booking" reaction. I think there is some clear hostility between Vince and the core adult fans, or at least the core adult fans have this hostility and sense that like hostility might be coming back at them from Vince.

It's also very much the WWE's fault for pushing social media this hard.  Twitter is not for "making people smile," it's for relentlessly shitting on things and calling people terrible.

• Like 2

It isn't "millennials." It's just that we live in a consumerist society. Consumers will try to influence the products they like however they can, and the internet makes it easier for that to happen. 

I also think that this reaction is a bit different than the typical "we didn't like the booking" reaction. I think there is some clear hostility between Vince and the core adult fans, or at least the core adult fans have this hostility and sense that like hostility might be coming back at them from Vince.

I just don't get it, any hostility is purely a figment of over active imaginations.  I love Vince McMahon, like if I saw him today I would probably run up and try to give him a hug while holding back tears and telling him how awesome he is.  The man has given me untold hours of entertainment, he is an hilarious character and a creative genius.  Maybe he doesn't get everything 100% right, but no one does, and Vince has made plenty of mistakes before, but every time he does he comes back with something awesome the next week or month.  He has a vision for his business and he's telling a story and I respect that.  Who am I to tell him how to tell his story and how to run his billion dollar company?  Where do people get the audacity to try and oust him from something he created?  Why would I want to waste my time not enjoying something and complaining like some ungrateful internet mark when it's so much easier to just have fun with it. I want to just go along for the ride and escape from reality while enjoying a story and being entertained.

And you people saying fuck you to Gregg and constantly trolling him should be ashamed of yourselves, the one guy on here with a positive attitude who actually enjoys things and you nerds want to take your frustrations out on him.  Deplorable behavior.

• Like 7

Yeah some of those early '00s triples with like Angle/Jericho/Guy we won't name were epic but as far as World Titie three ways it's gotta be the best. I'm also rewatching it now and it's just perfect in every way. Oh I'm sure I noticed this at the time but at the end after Rollins hits his red arrow or whatever that's called, it's crazy how Brock just totally deadlifts him into a German. I know Sey ain't that big but the ease with which Brock manhandles humans is a thing of beauty.

If/when he does go back to UFC, I'm begging him to try that at least once just for the hell of it.

*Vince hype voice*

COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM THE CIVIL DEFENSE SHACK IN THE REMOTE ALKALI FLATS OF THE GREENWICH BADLANDS! MONDAY NIGHT RAW! BEAMING OUT ELEVEN WATTS OF WACKINESS! HOUR AFTER HOUR OF UNSCRIPTED, UNREHEARSED SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! FEATURING.....uh...uh.....PROFESSOR PETE GAS! AND, UH, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION, GORILLA MONSOON! WILL YOU BE SERIOUS!

• Like 4

Screw off SGB. Greg implying we are sheep who only don't give a fuck about Reigns because he doesn't have an indy or New Japan base was insulting as shit, and I would have gladly gone off twenty times off worse then what I did personally. It's A: Completely wrong since we actively praise many others with no major indy or Japan history, and B: An insult to our ability to actually form opinions of our own. It was like being treated like a child. Screw him, and screw you for defending it.

• Like 2

*Vince hype voice*

COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM THE CIVIL DEFENSE SHACK IN THE REMOTE ALKALI FLATS OF THE GREENWICH BADLANDS! MONDAY NIGHT RAW! BEAMING OUT ELEVEN WATTS OF WACKINESS! HOUR AFTER HOUR OF UNSCRIPTED, UNREHEARSED SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! FEATURING.....uh...uh.....PROFESSOR PETE GAS! AND, UH, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION, GORILLA MONSOON! WILL YOU BE SERIOUS!

Why can't I like this more than once?

Screw off SGB. Greg implying we are sheep who only don't give a fuck about Reigns because he doesn't have an indy or New Japan base was insulting as shit, and I would have gladly gone off twenty times off worse then what I did personally. It's A: Completely wrong since we actively praise many others with no major indy or Japan history, and B: An insult to our ability to actually form opinions of our own. It was like being treated like a child. Screw him, and screw you for defending it.

But why get mad at him about it?  Why get mad at anything, we're just trying to have fun with something and enjoy it.  See Gregg can talk about this stuff without getting personal and telling people to screw off or whatever, he's not trying to insult anyone and neither am I.  But y'all attack him for something he enjoys that he's trying to share with people, because you don't enjoy it and are mad about it. 

It was just a weird thing to say on this board because we appreciate all styles and dudes from any background. We have people who are really into Mark Henry. People who are super into NJPW. People who don't even watch NJPW. People who love or hate Mizdow. People who love or hate Da Big Guy. 

It's not your typical board at all. With that said, we need to be civilized or we will be shown the exit.

• Like 1

Man, all I know is, if I were as good at the pro wrestling as Brock is, I'd want to do it all the time. That triple threat was unbelievable. 

I honestly don't think Brock loves the business, I'm not sure he ever has.  

That and he has Sable at home.  

If you had Sable at home...would you want to be on the road 300+ days a year?

Man, all I know is, if I were as good at the pro wrestling as Brock is, I'd want to do it all the time. That triple threat was unbelievable. 

I honestly don't think Brock loves the business, I'm not sure he ever has.  

That and he has Sable at home.  

If you had Sable at home...would you want to be on the road 300+ days a year?

Depends how she looks these days. I was never the biggest fan of Sable's looks to begin with, but a wise man once told me, "Vagina has no face."

The old stories were that he loved the bell to bell stuff, but hated the travel and the schedule.

So, what he's doing now is just perfect and I want him to keep doing it for a long time.  I mean, he's working, what, 25 days a year?

It was just a weird thing to say on this board because we appreciate all styles and dudes from any background. We have people who are really into Mark Henry. People who are super into NJPW. People who don't even watch NJPW. People who love or hate Mizdow. People who love or hate Da Big Guy. 

It's not your typical board at all. With that said, we need to be civilized or we will be shown the exit.

That's what made it such an obvious troll and got people pissed off. "I bet he'd be more over if he came from ROH or New Japan dur hurr." It's like, do you even know where you are? Greg posts enough to know better than that. Not all that long ago, this board had a reputation for being way more pro-WWE than most places on the internet. This board was into Mark Henry, like, 5 years before everybody else caught up.

Meanwhile, there's a best of ROH thread that's been up all month and is only at 6 pages, mainly consisting of half a dozen people posting back and forth.

That was the moment everybody realized he had ceased arguing from a place of sincerity.

The Rumble in pictures:

Why people got pissed:

faintinggoatpush.gif

Why people forgot:

1_zpsqzhpi3gc.jpg

What Vince was doing in the back:

quill_zpsnbmaeiaa.gif

What Bubba/Bully Ray was doing in the back:

benedict_zpsfu2sdi0s.gif

What Trips was doing in the back:

RHuHq_zps8aec3cf3.gif

What people are doing to the network: