DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

The hate on Gregg was way overboard. I understand being frustrated with the WWE but that frustration should just be aimed at them. At least he is staying in the basketball thread.

* Are Greggulator and Rob Naylor definitely different people? Because y'know, company man gimmick, man who worked for the company...

Definitely not the same. This is Gregg

This is Naylor

rob+naylor.jpg

• Like 2

Also, Ryback almost paralyzing Big E was a scary moment. Meltz had a BREAKING NEWS moment during the radio show today.

Ya that was a rough one. I thought Rollins' shoulder was done for after one of the german suplexes at the start of the triple threat.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like this was one of the weirdest WWE PPVs of all time.

You had this opener, which was put together to show how tough the Ascension are, but they're selling so much for the NAO's and the heat segment of the match was just flat. The divas match was what it was and that tag title match was a lot of fun, but it wasn't particularly great. So it was a pretty blah PPV and then came the WWE Title match and holy fucking shit, that match went from 0 to 88 MPH in like 6 seconds. When Seth went up for that elbow I immediately though of CM Punk blowing out his hip trying the same thing. Seth though, is so smooth, so good and really flies through the air like Shawn Michaels. Everything Seth does is so tight and is done well, so when he hit that elbow, it looked like a million bucks. About three or four times during that match too I thought, "This is the damnedest thing I've ever seen." Fucking Brock hit a lawn dart German suplex on Seth Rollins. In WWE. Like...what? And I was SO sure Seth was winning that thing even after Zombie Brock Lesnar came back in. Just an all out amazing match. I really wish that promo from Cena on the Fallout show aired after that match so more people could have seen it. It really was Cena saying, "Well fuck, no one is beating this guy. Even me! I can't beat him! Guess I'll wait until Brock decides to give the title up."

That match changed the entire complexion of the show. Then the Royal Rumble starts and...it's a lot of fun. It's really fucking fun...for half of it. Bubba Ray came back 50 lbs. heavier and did the WUZZUP drop. I laughed at "TRUTH! GET THE TABLES!" Just hearing that felt so good. Bray dominating was good, or at least I felt it was. Daniel Bryan arrives! YES! He's there, he made it!

Daniel Bryan gets eliminated in about the weakest way imaginable? What the fuck? Like...oh no...oh shit...Roman Reigns is winning this thing and it's going to bomb so hard.

That thought there was the thought that crowd sounded like they had. It was very much like jae described. At first you're thinking, "it has to be Reigns. SHIT! It's going to be Reigns, I mean, who else is there?" And then Ambrose arrives and pops the crowd. It got me thinking about how I forgot about Ambrose so maybe he has a shot. It's an outside shot, but it's a shot, right?! RIGHT?! Oh God...Reigns is winning this. Fuck this...

Then comes #30 and it's Dolph! Dolph could win this right? Right?! FUCK, Reigns really is going to win this thing. Ugh, really, fuck this stupid company.

So it comes down to Reigns, Show and Kane. Reigns eliminates Show and Kane, but they come back in and beat the shit out of him. Now, you'd think that if Reigns is going to challenge Brock, he needs to be a goddamn destroyer, like he was imbued with the power of every deity that you could think of, even the shitty lesser ones. However, this is WWE we're talking about, so of course Reigns gets his ass kicked and has to be saved. Yeah, that's right, the guy who is to dethrone BRRRRRRROOOOOOOCK LEEEEEEEEESNAAAR needed help. Well, that's just fucking great. It should have been the Rock getting his ass kicked and Reigns saving Rock by being the biggest badass in WWE.

And finally there was that weird ass promo with Reigns and Rock. Rock is fucking dying trying to cut whatever promo he was trying to cut, talking about bitches, or whatever and fucking Reigns is just there and is all "ME TOO! ME TOO!" making weird ass hand gestures. I cannot begin to understand just how much of a train wreck that was.

So here we are. I've cancelled my WWE Network subscription because I just can't continue to fund and support such a fucking mess. If things change, then great, I'll sign back up again. NXT, the one bright spot, is on Hulu anyway. Such a shame.

Look, I get that this is WWE attempting to build a new star, but there are three motherfucking guys on the roster that are prime for that, and that's Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler. Fans love those guys and want to see them win and WWE is constantly like, "nope, you don't like them, you want to like Roman Reigns!" and so they fucking shove this guy down our throat. I feel bad for Roman because this is going to hurt him unless he has a heel streak in him like the Rock had. Roman should be in that discussion as well, but he's not there yet. Part of the reason he isn't there is that he's looked like a complete chump after his Royal Rumble appearance last year. Last year, he was the fucking man.Then he really got outshined by Rollins and Ambrose. Worse, when the Shield did break up, Reigns started getting his ass kicked a lot. To compound that, they stuck him on the mic and he fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. He sucks so hard. He can get better, but whatever, he's just not at an acceptable level and it doesn't help that he's still getting his ass kicked. He's just kind of representative of all that's shitty about WWE and he shouldn't be. He should have his time. This just isn't it.

• Like 6

Something has been overlooked last night: R-Truth said "Whoop! There it is!"

In 2015.

This isn't the first time. I guess he somehow needs to differentiate his shuck n jive gimmick from that of The New Day. Speaking of which, I think their match with Kidd/Cesaro was pretty great.

Eep. I dunno. I feel that I too am in the 'we need to see other people' stage with WWE, but I'm past the anger stage. 

Did anybody in here comment about the part in the Divas match where Paige tagged in Nattie, Nattie dropkicked a Bella on the apron, got in the ring and tagged Paige and then went over to try and pin the Bella to the ref saying Nattie wasn't the legal person and then all the girls getting SUPER PISSED. I thought it was funny because Nattie did make the tag and suddenly none of the girls remembered about it and all got legit pissed at the ref for it.

Same thing happened during the earlier tag match, there must have been a meeting on making sure the legal people were in the ring before the show haha.

Anyways, this is probably rehash but:

1. Why did they put the Rumble back in Philly again this year?

2. Why would they bring Bryan back before the Rumble just to have this happen? I guarantee that the backlash would be nowhere near this bad if Bryan returned tonight or next week. Hell, remember when the Philly crowd lost their shit when they thought random-ass Roman Reigns could possibly eliminate Batista last year?

I paid for my Mania weekend, I bought the year Network subscription, I'm not all that bothered. The crowd, and the shoddy booking, ruined the rest of the Rumble for me after Bryan was eliminated.

Part of me really thanks Vince put the Rumble back in Pennsylvania to show that he could conquer the crowd. Or maybe they just completely misjudged last year and thought that Reigns was very over in the state. Or maybe this is part of an elaborate plan then none of us know about yet.

I am going with option A.

People still don't know its "WHOOMP" in 2015

I refuse to do that.

200px-ThwompNSMBU.png

There it is!

Uh, your post reads "Thwomp, there it is!" not "Whoomp, there it is!",  Mike.

Neither hip-hop nor gaming is your thing. 

• Like 1

One question I have is what exactly was the point of the Cena-Lesnar series?

While I enjoyed the matches didn't everyone just end up exactly where they started?

I think it was to show how unbeatable Brock is so that whoever beats him becomes a made man, unless that person is Roman Reigns.

People still don't know its "WHOOMP" in 2015

I am probably wrong but wasn't the original version of the song WHOOP THERE IT IS in the South Florida area and then Tag Team changed it.   I couldn't have sworn there was a faster Luther Campbell like version of that song 

95 South's version was "Whoot"

Tag Team was "Whoomp"

This is a post from a white man that follows the hip hop and not a white man that merely has black friends or the internets to depend on.

I approve.

• Like 4