DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

People are just talking smack about cancelling.  Either they'll keep it for the archives and WM or they'll wind up re-subbin for WM.  Either way--it's hot air.

I bought the Network the day it debuted. I cancelled it an hour ago. Will I re-sub for Mania? Maybe. They've got almost two months to give me more reasons to buy in than Lesnar/Reigns and Cena/Rusev. Meanwhile, my current month runs out after the NXT live special. I'm thinking I buy one month out of three, catching up on NXT once a quarter, then finishing up with the live special and another cancellation. $39.96/year for ~ 56 hours of NXT sounds just about right.

People are just talking smack about cancelling.  Either they'll keep it for the archives and WM or they'll wind up re-subbin for WM.  Either way--it's hot air.

I'm sure there will be angry cancellations, but prob not enough to make a noticeable difference.

(But i have never subscribed, so my pov may be skewed.)

Exactly.  I'm not saying that won't be any, but I think some of this talk is overblown.

I remember one of Cena's biggest issues at the time was that they kept putting him in there with guys like Angle, Jericho, and Triple H and the IWC and casual fans didn't think he could work. I recall that promo Triple H cut on him right before their Mania match where people on here said he went "ass to mouth" on Cena and started all the "you can't wrestle" stuff being a huge tipping point for Cena's reaction.

The way Cena's matches were laid about back then were seemingly designed to make him look bad. He'd get his ass kicked for 99% of the match and then win with an FU out of nowhere. If it was a triple threat, he'd get taken out at the beginning so that the other two guys would wrestle 95% of the match and he'd come in through the backdoor to win at the end. He was booked more like a chickenshit heel than a top babyface.

Still, this is kinda missing the main problem to me: Mania title matches should only end with bullshit weapon stuff is if the face is turning heel (Austin/Rock). What can Reigns do to beat Brock in a standard wrestling match that seems believable?

He took three FU's, a Curb Stomp, the steps, and that elbow through the table tonight. Nobody has offense that can believably beat him in a standard match right now.

• Like 2

Not down anymore, but it was down for a good amount of time. It was funny to hear about people talking about how they were just bluffing, but this isn't just a bunch of hardcores leaving. My Twitter feed was full of casual fans shitting all over this thing. I'd love to hear how many they lost from this, but in reality, it's probably only about 10k, which is just above 1% of their subscription base.

I have been entertained by the overreaction in this thread, though. Keep up the good work, you guys. And by keep up the good work, I mean you should probably step away from the keyboard before typing something when you're angry lest you get mocked for it.

Was the network cancelation page really down after the show?

It was.

So either it was overloaded by people canceling, or WWE sneakily took it down in fear of mass cancelations, hoping people would cool down after a few hours.

Either way, not a great sign.

I just got home from work after being there since 8 am, with 3 hours of sleep, and spent 35 minutes shoveling 18 billion tons of snow out of my drive so I can park my car. 

From the looks of things, I seemed to have had a more enjoyable day than y'all did.

Not that I don't blame ya. 

Still, this is kinda missing the main problem to me: Mania title matches should only end with bullshit weapon stuff is if the face is turning heel (Austin/Rock). What can Reigns do to beat Brock in a standard wrestling match that seems believable?

He took three FU's, a Curb Stomp, the steps, and that elbow through the table tonight. Nobody has offense that can believably beat him in a standard match right now.

This is Vince's thinking, though. The same thinking that had him believe that people would cheer for Roman being Big Show and Kane were big meanies who eliminated some faces. His thinking will be that Roman will beat Brock with his trademark moves and therefore, Roman will be seen as superior to everyone like it's 1985.

I just got home from work after being there since 8 am, with 3 hours of sleep, and spent 35 minutes shoveling 18 billion tons of snow out of my drive so I can park my car.

From the looks of things, I seemed to have had a more enjoyable day than y'all did.

Not that I don't blame ya.

Nah man, we got an off the charts triple threat title match, so we slightly come out ahead.

• Like 1

Presumably Superman Punch to the diverticulitis scar, brock's achilles heel.

Stomach claw with one hand and half-superman punches to the scar over and over.

or a Frank Mir kneebar. That wouldn't be too ridiculous, right?

Has anyone invented a gun that shoots Mark Henrys?  If he just kept shooting that all night he might have a chance.

• Like 3

Superman punch + spear + 12 gauge = eh, maybe.

And none of Reigns big offense works well with weapons either. I mean he can Spear him through a table, but even that feels cheap at an ending to a Mania main event match.

Reigns could put on a GT helmet and shoulderpads and spear Lesnar

Can't say i hate the sound of that. #AlmaMater

Presumably Superman Punch to the diverticulitis scar, brock's achilles heel.

Stomach claw with one hand and half-superman punches to the scar over and over.

or a Frank Mir kneebar. That wouldn't be too ridiculous, right?

Has anyone invented a gun that shoots Mark Henrys?  If he just kept shooting that all night he might have a chance.

maybe a gun that shoots Brock Lesnars