DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

i thought it was a great event. 

missed the early part of the preshow tag match, but liked what i saw.

all of my friends (and seemingly everyone here) hate on the Ascention, so i'm backing them 100% and hope they get a top run. the match itself was mediocre but entirely servicable.

divas tag was better than i expected.

triple threat was awesome. had a couple network hiccups in the middle part, but it wasn't anything that made me feel like we were missing out. after Cena AA'd the security dudes and Rollins i legit thought that was the end. Brock rolling back in and just BROCK'ing everything in sight was a fantastic finish.

the Rumble was a ton of fun. Bray looked good. Kofi's not-elimination with Adam Rose's group was funny. DDP diamondcutting everyone was tits. there was a ton of really good stuff right there. and then Bryan got eliminated. now that, in itself, wasn't terrible. but after that, they filled the ring with all of the big powerhouses and nothing too interesting happened after that. Mizdow was good stuff tho. Ambrose (#25 was my draw) i seriously thought was gonna be the surprise winner. once he was out, the crowd was totally against it. 

the fake out with Rusev could've been interesting, but they did the least imaginative thing possible with it.

overall: look, when your Royal Rumble winner is getting SHIT ON by the crowd, and even the ROCK can't save him, you've made the wrong choice.

The divas tag was fun. The world title match was fantastic. I thought the Rumble was good up until Daniel's elimination. It had its moments, but never picked up again to a decent level save for Ziggler coming in.

I feel sorry for Roman. He isn't remotely ready for this push, and had to have this happen with a fairly shitty set up in front of one of the more hostile crowds WWE has. That said if that follow up promo on Fallout wasn't a heel turn for both Rock and Roman then I have no idea what the hell that was about.

I feel bad for Roman. It's not like he asked to be put in this position. You can tell he didnt know how to react to the crowd. I.

[batista]The correct answer is that you point at your dick and smile and then go be in a billion dollar movie[batista]

In all fairness, though, he did the movie first.

I feel like the Wyatt thing was like this-

a.) Rowan comes out wanting a piece of Harper

b.) Since Rowan's so gullible, Harper immediately regains his trust, and they tease going after Wyatt. Bray's fine with this, 'cause he's crazy.

c.) Harper insta-turns on Rowan because it was a ruse, and Wyatt joins in the beating, 'cause why not?

From there, it pretty much progressed logically, I think.

• Like 1

I feel bad for Roman. It's not like he asked to be put in this position. You can tell he didnt know how to react to the crowd. I.

[batista]The correct answer is that you point at your dick and smile and then go be in a billion dollar movie[batista]

In all fairness, though, he did the movie first.

Look, If Reigns can figure that part out, he's not cut out to win the Rumble.

I thought the pre show 6 man tag was fun.

3 way was better then I thought.

As for the Royal Rumble I really wanted Bryan to win, but I saw this coming. I didn't expect him to get eliminated so early the way he did. That was horse shit.

They could change shit like last year but they really shouldn't have to. This just blows my mind that they did something similar to last years, and this sucks because I love the Royal Rumble and I shouldn't feel upset after it.

The fact that people popped for Rusev was funny though lol

I think the Bray backlash (and I like Bray) is because he's done nothing for six months. No change in his promos. And his singles matches not against Daniel Bryan or John Cena have been pretty middle of the road.

The feud with Ambrose did nothing for either of them, character wise or in ring.

• Like 1

I loved seeing Bubba.  If there was one guy who deserves another shot in the WWE, it's him.  He is in the best shape of his career and......

Uh, not even close.  Bubba tonight looked like he had just eaten D-Von.

Yeah.  It took about 10 seconds before I remembered how sick I still am of all the signature spots.

I loved seeing Bubba.  If there was one guy who deserves another shot in the WWE, it's him.  He is in the best shape of his career and......

Yeah.  It took about 10 seconds before I remembered how sick I still am of all the signature spots.

At least he didn't do the dumbest and most pointless move ever, the Bubba Bomb.

I think the big problem with the Rumble match was the title match went on first and a heel won. This made it obvious that a face was going to win the rumble. The only two realistic faces to win would be Bryan or Reigns. When Bryan got eliminated so early it took away all suspense. You knew Reigns was going to win. It exposed everything else that was going on.

• Like 1

I bet Vince wishes Bryan hadn't came back. I don't think Reigns would've got massive cheers, but it wouldn't have been this bad. Still though obvious chosen one is obvious the hardcore fans just aren't going to go along with Roman as Cena 2.0.

Look, if you throw away whatever hatred you have for Roman, we had this:

1) The Final Four was The Corporate Oldhead Goons vs. The Remnants of The Shield. (And the breakup of The Shield was more-or-less the story from a little after last WrestleMania). The powerhouse of The Shield beat The Corporation, just like he beat so many others in his short tenure.

To get to this:

2) Now to become the man, he has to beat the man his legendary uncle couldn't topple at the biggest stage of them all.

Narratively, there's nothing wrong with that. It's actually a really well-built, well thought-out story arc that's been in the works for a really long time.

I don't see the problem in that. At all.

The problem is that everyone hates Reigns. And that's fine. He got booed out of the building. He's "not ready" for his push. His uncle wasn't ready for his push, either, and ended up as the biggest star in wrestling history. I'm not saying Roman's on that trajectory, but he's one Superman punch to his uncle or -- even better -- one spear to Daniel Bryan away from being the biggest heel in years.

He didn't look too fat.  I'd still love to see him with the Bully gimmick, not the Bubba thing.  I know he wouldn't be main eventing or anything but as a solid mid-card heel act, it'd be great. 

Are the people upset with Reigns winning because they knew it was going to happen or are they upset like a spoiled kid who still has to come to terms that Santa ain't real and has to ruin Christmas morning for everyone?

And that wrestlingwithtext site has a gif of Nikki's forearm to Nattie. It looks like she punched her in the throat. Ouch. But for someone who is so set on making every knows she's a Hart and a wrestler and all that shit, Nattie can't take a shot to the face. Lol.

• Like 1

Then, he should have been in there at the end sucking wind with Kane and Big Show.

Man he is having trouble with lines on the WWE shitty scripts.  They might have to make him a mute if he becomes a Hollywood star

On the topic of Bray I thought they were doing a good job of using the rumble to help build him back up but then he got casually dumped by Kane and Big Show like no big deal and they get nothing out of it. But hey they kept Kane and Big Show strong Reigns couldn't even beat them until they were fighting amongst each other. They couldn't even book their chosen one to look good against two dudes who have been in the company for over 15 years each, hell Kane is nearing 20 years now.

Oh, any remember how they booed Batista out of the building last year? And how the fans revolted because Bryan wasn't the last entrant? And how Bryan won WrestleMania?

Bryan taking back what he never rightfully lost is still on the table.