DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I'll never get the inexplicable Orton hate but him winning would have least popped the crowd positively. You could have taken him out of the title spot later, but Orton is better than like Reigns by about one million degrees. 

• Like 3

This was great until Daniel Bryan got eliminated.  Then the crowd started to rebel.  That RR match was even worse than last year's, and I thought last year's was terrible.

It was so quiet.  That was even worse than booing.  It was Divas-match level quiet where you could hear individual dudes having conversations.  You could probably hear Cole and Lawler in the cheap seats since they were the only ones making noise.

• Like 1

The announcers most certainly did not ignore how pissed off the crowd was after Bryan got dumped, in fact they kept mentioning it. The triple threat was the best 3 person match I'd ever seen, that was absolutely insane and I think I'd have it as my current MOTY edging out Nakamura/Ibushi. Reigns winning doesn't bother me, it's whatever but it doesn't bother me. I had a blast tonight watching the Rumble, the Rumble itself could've been an hour of guys flinging shit at each other and it would've been fine after that title match. I came out of the Rumble match fine with Reigns winning and absolutely dying to see Rusev vs Wyatt (no idea how you get there but I want it desperately).

And fuck Bray Wyatt.

kayfabe lives.

Guess Bray and all the other guys shoulda audibled and flinged themselves over the top for Daniel Bryan. Maybe Bryan could get the WM main event and make it to Summerslam this year.

So, who had the better random red gash, Bray's arm or Roman's face?

• Like 1

I'll never get the inexplicable Orton hate but him winning would have least popped the crowd positively. You could have taken him out of the title spot later, but Orton is better than like Reigns by about one million degrees. 

At least Orton could have sucked up the heat and spit it back at people in character.  Roman had to pretend he's awesome and everyone loves him.  And then Rock had to pretend everyone was into it.

It was like Colonel Klink's birthday party.

• Like 2

The undercard wasn't much, but HOLY SHIT WAS THE WWE Title match amazing. It was non-stop highlights - like a video game match with a crazy finish out of nowhere. Royal Rumble was a clusterfuck, but I loved Bubba Ray's return even if he was a bit too hefty. it fits Bubba Ray, but it sucks to see him not in as Bully Ray. DDP was booked perfectly - shame Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, or other modern-day stars aren't nearly 60 and retired so they could be protected too. HOLY SHIT THE BOOS FOR REIGNS. Holy God are they doomed. He got booed doing everything and NOT EVEN THE ROCK COULD SAVE HIM. Jesus.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-royal-rumble-2015.html

Screens -

Heyman - Master of the WWE Universe

ce32be384573601.jpg 

b11a33384584022.jpg 

e58f43384593713.jpg 

d17462384600147.jpg 

e71571384594992.jpg 

3fae10384598995.jpg 

f7a879384598998.jpg

e0c1e2384601516.jpg

f8c530384590008.jpg 

349e18384590711.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0knjaxtcl8dkxlbnhymca537rbd5g1wg

• Like 1

I feel bad for Roman. It's not like he asked to be put in this position. You can tell he didnt know how to react to the crowd. I hope the people who book this horseshit don't try to explain it away by saying "these Philly fans are just assholes." If he gets shat upon in Hartford tomorrow night, then we might have something...

• Like 1

The announcers most certainly did not ignore how pissed off the crowd was after Bryan got dumped, in fact they kept mentioning it.

And then ignored it once they got near the end and pretended all the booing was for Show/Kane.

I came out of the Rumble match fine with Reigns winning and absolutely dying to see Rusev vs Wyatt (no idea how you get there but I want it desperately).

Then I'm sure you'll love it when you get Cena/Rusev and Wyatt in the Andre Battle Royal.

I feel bad for Roman. It's not like he asked to be put in this position. You can tell he didnt know how to react to the crowd. I.

[batista]The correct answer is that you point at your dick and smile and then go be in a billion dollar movie[batista]

• Like 4

I missed the first half hour but the rest of the show until DB's elimination was pretty cool.

The 3-way was awesome and Rollins came out looking real good and less of a loser.  Brock is still the man and I'll miss him.

That Rumble though.  I loved seeing Bubba.  If there was one guy who deserves another shot in the WWE, it's him.  He is in the best shape of his career and has looked and sounded amazing since going solo.  Stick him with the Bully Ray thing and he'll be ok. 

Vince basically sought out to destroy every wrestler Philly liked.  The place was destroyed when it was revealed that Bryan was an afterthought.  I get him not winning but at least, keep him in there until the end.  How hard is that?  Let's try and send Philly home as happy as possible.  Vince doesn't like Bryan but a lot of other people do.  Vince, stop booking for yourself and your homoerotic fantasies (like Vince is reading DVDVR, right?).  This match was booked as bad as it could have been and Reigns didn't even stand out to me during the match.  He was just the guy that was booked to win.  I'm not really convinced he is ready for such a big push right now.  I was on the fence until tonight.

If the goal of tonight's show was to make Bryan even more over then mission accomplished. Maybe they should just do a George Costanza and do the opposite with their booking of Bryan and Roman to get the desired effect.

Are we really going to miss out on a once in a lifetime classic like Bryan/Lesnar to see a fucking shitfest with Reigns?

• Like 3