DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

If Vince is out of touch:

1) What,does he magically not have anything to do about the awesome Triple Threat match?  That feud exists in some vaccum?

2) Anyone not named Bryan (or maybe Ziggler) winning was going to get booed to hell.

3) Why the hell does no one like Roman? Other than "he's rammed down our throats." Can somebody please explain this to me?

Admit it. You're just fucking with us now, right?

Yeah.....NOW....

• Like 1

Title match was awesome.

Worst Rumble of all-time. DDP and Dudley was fun, though.  Bray for most overrated 2015. The only funny thing about Bray is that we talk about WWE burying guys without a good look but fat, hairy Cajun warlock Bray Wyatt is apparently a goddamn world beater that just demolishes half the goddamn rooster. 

How the fuck does a PPV end in 2015 with Big Show and Kane end up as your lead heels? These guys were legit main eventers at this spot last century. Roman did nothing in this match. Most anti-climactic win ever.  

They killed every babyface in the company and somehow still think that going back to The Rock well will make everything better. Having Rock endorse Roman will just highlight how not The Rock he is. 

Roman is a Pensacola boy so I'll support him but I feel bad that he's being put out to die like this. This going to backfire like fucking Luger in '94. 

Just an utterly baffling  Rumble.

That said, never been so excited to see how bonkers Raw gets tomorrow. No fucking way this makes it all the way to WM without a booking shift. 

I was joking to a friend of mine that Vince still has it. I can' stand Reigns and the booking up to now has strongly suggested that we could get a repeat of my favourite 2014 moment: Batista getting shit all over. I didn't think it was a lock to happen this year. But I wanted to see it if it did, so I paid my money, and I went home happy. Wrestling 101.

Rock should called an audible and rock bottomed reigns to send the crowd home happy.

Which would lead to:

"Why'd they do that if it wasn't going to lead anywhere? F this company."

If Vince is out of touch:

1) What,does he magically not have anything to do about the awesome Triple Threat match?  That feud exists in some vaccum?

2) Anyone not named Bryan (or maybe Ziggler) winning was going to get booed to hell.

3) Why the hell does no one like Roman? Other than "he's rammed down our throats." Can somebody please explain this to me?

1) What part of the triple-threat match do you feel has Vince's signature on it?

2) Ambrose would have been cheered.  Hell, Rusev would have received a face reaction if he tossed Reigns out at the last.

3) Reigns can't talk and doesn't really do anything in matches other than hit his big spots.  He was protected in the Shield, because that was all he had to do.  Now, the other two Shield members are clearly far more over than he is, have had better singles matches, and yet he's the one hyped to the heavens (remember the injury updates?  They didn't even bother doing those for Bryan, who was the World Champion).  People (i.e. anyone other than you) generally resent being told who they are supposed to cheer for.

• Like 6

The funny thing is they had the crowd back with Mizdow, and he gets tossed in 30 seconds. I'm still trying to comprehend eliminating Bryan in the middle of the match, and bringing out fucking New Day right after. Were they supposed to calm the reaction lol.

That post show interview with Reigns and Rock was so damn confusing.  I mean from the looks of it they are BOTH turning heels which is amazing in stupidity.  But maybe he was acting like an asshole because Tom Phillips was horrible and giggling like a school girl every time he said something.  

You can't say it was a bad PPV because of the Triple Threat and to be fair the first half of the Royal Rumble was booked great.  but that elimination of Bryan just crushed the crowd.   At least give the fans a reason to care.  When you put out Big Show and Kane as your final four you are basically telling the fans that your opinion doesn't mean shit

Bubba being back was cool, but how the hell did he let himself get so out of shape for his "one last run". 

I rarely watch TNA, but last time I saw him on there he looked in the best shape of his life. That guy could have come in and had a nice run as a semi-main eventer in WWE, but the Braden Walker lookalike who came out tonight seems destined for failure.

Sad that title match is going to be a bit buried in that stupid Rumble.  Also sucks that it sets up a match that will be...kind of lame and pointless and a waste of Brock's value.

But dammit that was great.

Lawler losing his shit and just screaming "Jesus!!" is the best Lawler.  It's the humble Lawler that is thinking "I couldn't have done that What WAS THAT???"  For that moment when Rollins was soaring through the air, Jerry Motherfucking Lawler was turned into just an old man watching a wrestling match.

• Like 1

1) What,does he magically not have anything to do about the awesome Triple Threat match? That feud exists in some vaccum?

The match wasn't awesomely-booked. The booking was overwrought tripe. The match was awesomely-wrestled because you had three great wrestlers.

Ambrose might've sufficed, too, but yeah, there's one guy the crowd wants.

SO GIVE THEM THAT GUY!

What the donkey-fuck is hard to grasp about this? When the crowd is so hot for a guy that they will shit on ANYONE WHO ISN'T THAT GUY, they are as ripe for the plucking as they can possibly be! You don't have to build heat anymore! The hard part is over! You give them what they want! The most BASIC bit of wrestling booking in the world and Vince throws it out the window because Bryan doesn't make his penis hard.

He's not remotely ready for the spot he's been shoved into, and he has consistently shown that ever since the Shield break-up. His work in the ring isn't up to par, and probably two-thirds of the guys in the Rumble can out-talk him. He's just not that good, people don't buy him as the guy, and Vince doesn't give a fuck cuz he's kinda big and muscley and has nice hair.

• Like 7