DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

Triple threat was top three of that type of match for me. Best WWE triple threat even with Lesnar being out for the worst part with the finisher trading. The first five minutes were utterly bananas, like watching three ten-year-olds play WWE 2K15.

I hate to sound like a lame neckbeard loser, but I'm out on the current product completely barring NXT. I haven't seen RAW or Smackdown in months, and I think I'm done with PPVs, too. Vince'll get my money for the Network because of the NXT Specials and old WCW and WWF PPVs/shows, but current stuff isn't worth it because the booking is so bad that it ruins the pretty good wrestling. 

• Like 1

Triple threat was incredible. Rollins busting out the Phoenix Splash was nuts. Incredible match. Loved J&J Security getting tossed around.

Last year I liked the Rumble match but not the winner. This year the match was pretty mediocre and the winner was disappointing. That Wyatt Family segment made little sense. Kane and Big Show coming to blows, Rock trying to get the crowd to cheer for Reigns, Rusev popping up to get tossed. So bad.

• Like 1

The triple threat was really good. The rumble was really good for a while then it got really bad, I mean it was booked pretty fun until about the middle then Bryan got eliminated and the crowd made it a lil interesting and then they had f'n Big Show and Kane dominate everyone, in 2015, and then shove Reigns down our throats and try to have the Rock give him the rub, just rubbish . WWE creative just doesn't care what the fans want at all. I was thinking about actually subscribing to the network for this show glad I didn't they don;t deserve my money. Rock should called an audible and rock bottomed reigns to send the crowd home happy.

• Like 2

If Vince is out of touch:

1) What,does he magically not have anything to do about the awesome Triple Threat match?  That feud exists in some vaccum?

2) Anyone not named Bryan (or maybe Ziggler) winning was going to get booed to hell.

3) Why the hell does no one like Roman? Other than "he's rammed down our throats." Can somebody please explain this to me?

Gotta be the worst-booked Rumble ever. It's not even so much that Bryan didn't win, but fuck, to just randomly dump him out midway into the match?

Even if Reigns is going to win, you can't tell me a final 4 of Bryan/Ziggler/Reigns/Ambrose wouldn't have been 10 times better and more suspenseful. Once Ziggler came out at 30, there was absolutely no doubt about who was going to win, unless you were actually naive enough to believe Ziggler himself had a shot.

The amount of time the announcers spent on Kane and Big Show's useless "all-time eliminations" records just boggle the mind. Like, WHO GIVES A FUCK?!

The preshow match was a lot better than I was expecting.  Those "Brass Ring Club" shirts Cesaro and Rose were wearing were awesome.

Undercard was completely forgettable.

Triple threat match was incredible.  I was expecting it to be good but that exceeded all expectations.  Brock throwing Cena around like a sack of grapes was terrific and Rollins was the total star of the match, even busting out the phoenix splash again.

The Rumble itself wasn't bad until Bryan got eliminated.  That's when it dawned on everyone they were going to go with Reigns winning, despite what the crowd made clear what they were interested in.  At least Orton didn't come back and win, that's all about I can say about it.  Kane and Big Show going on that dominant run at the end was crap, especially when it became clear they were just going to be odds for Reigns to overcome.

Could anyone tell what all those little signs the crowd was holding up towards the end of the Rumble said?  I think it might have been something about Ziggler but couldn't tell.

The giant Colt Cabana head, #bluepants sign, and those people by the commentary table dressed like Money, Inc were all tremendous.

• Like 1

They almost have to be planning on Reigns (heel) vs. Brock (face) at Mania. Trying to play Reigns up as Cena-lite would go so bad for everyone.

The triple threat was good as expected. Lesnar and Rollins both tore it up, and what a great finishing run.

Gotta be the worst-booked Rumble ever. It's not even so much that Bryan didn't win, but fuck, to just randomly dump him out midway into the match?

Even if Reigns is going to win, you can't tell me a final 4 of Bryan/Ziggler/Reigns/Ambrose wouldn't have been 10 times better and more suspenseful. Once Ziggler came out at 30, there was absolutely no doubt about who was going to win, unless you were actually naive enough to believe Ziggler himself had a shot.

The amount of time the announcers spent on Kane and Big Show's useless "all-time eliminations" records just boggle the mind. Like, WHO GIVES A FUCK?!

It just underscores how bad they are at losing the Rumble, all time eliminations and still can't win it.

• Like 2

If Vince is out of touch:

1) What,does he magically not have anything to do about the awesome Triple Threat match?  That feud exists in some vaccum?

2) Anyone not named Bryan (or maybe Ziggler) winning was going to get booed to hell.

3) Why the hell does no one like Roman? Other than "he's rammed down our throats." Can somebody please explain this to me?

Admit it. You're just fucking with us now, right?

• Like 10

I am biased and all, but Nikki doesn't fuck around with that forearm shot? Makes me want to fantasy book her and Wade as the Bullhammers as they go around knocking people out just because they can. Bonnie and Clyde, if you will.

Guess the board is gonna have to wait til WM comes and goes to be excited about the product again.