DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I think having nearly half of the Rumble entrants be unknowns ups my interest. It's better than what they'd do in the past by having everyone in the Rumble fight for their spot.

Can't help but agree with this. You know at least 3 of the last 5 are going to be "mystery entries" to keep the suspense alive. If *spoiler* is true he is definitely one of those, Im saying he will get tossed by Reigns. Before Reigns is tossed by Fandango.

Are you guys really advocating for ECW guys to pop up? There's a goddamn reunion show for those bums way too often. If they were worth a shit, they would already have cozy gigs in the WWE already.

ECW was only successful because people love to think Heyman's word was the gospel. What a fucking con man.

Are you guys really advocating for ECW guys to pop up? There's a goddamn reunion show for those bums way too often. If they were worth a shit, they would already have cozy gigs in the WWE already.

ECW was only successful because people love to think Heyman's word was the gospel. What a fucking con man.

I wouldn't mind a couple old ECW names, I'm not advocating for Hack Myers and Broadstreet Bully, but I'd pop for Sandman, Sabu or the bWo.

ebbie, on 25 Jan 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

ECW was successful because WWF and WCW were absolute shite in the mid 90's before the Monday Night Wars started. They were successful because they introduced fans to guys like Eddy, Dean, Sabu, Rey Jr etc when WWF and WCW were still stuck in the mid 80's. If you weren't around at the time you wouldn't know.

• Like 1

No clue, but he was walking around fine on the stage, so I assume he could at least come down the ramp, get a pop, get in the ring. Then if necessary have someone safely baby him out of the ring.

It's just, here's an ex-employee getting 20 million views, seems like a good idea to try and get some of that buzz.

So let's assume El Patron's spoiler was true. And Daniel Bryan &

are the last two left, and Bryan wins. Would the fans (not in Philly, but in general all fans before 'Mania) turn on Bryan for that, or would that help Bryan?

I think the fans are still largely behind Bryan in that scenario. Punk's promos made "part-time veterans are fun but shouldn't be the focal point of the show" a talking point for more than just the hardcore fans, and I think a majority of fans would love to see the other guy show up, but still want their current favorite to win.

The live crowd were going at part-time veterans long before Punk's podcast interviews, promos, or whatever.

Also considering how openly Triple-H still take shots at Marc Mero (as recently as late 2014, if I'm remembering correctly) it would truly be a surprise to see him show up anytime soon.  Good PR is good PR though.

Edited by _MJ_

No clue, but he was walking around fine on the stage, so I assume he could at least come down the ramp, get a pop, get in the ring. Then if necessary have someone safely baby him out of the ring.

It's just, here's an ex-employee getting 20 million views, seems like a good idea to try and get some of that buzz.

Yeah but it's too short a link to what he did to piss off WWE in the first place, and that's the one area where WWE will NOT chase after media coverage.

It was successful because it was great wrestling. Why are you still here?

• Like 6

I doubt spoiler shows up just to get tossed in the Rumble. 

Are there any up-and-coming heels he can help get over by slapping them around, mocking their gimmick, and/or impregnating their chick?

If there are, let me know, so I can actually order the Rumble to see it.

Frankly, I don't think the guy mentioned in the spoiler will be in the rumble. Anyway, here's my guess for the final four.

Bryan

Reigns

Luke Harper

Rusev

These four guys after Sting is eliminated by interference from Triple H furthering their Wrestlemania build.

The notion of Sting showing up in the Rumble is great because it underscore the idea that the only person you need to negotiate anything with in WWE is the guy running the soundboard and the tron video.

He has permanent power of attorney for the company.

• Like 3

Money was tight when Rumble tix went on sale, so I didn't get any. I went on Stubhub hoping to find something today. The cheapest seats available are $300!

That's completely bonkers for a product that seemingly everyone but me is down on.

Money was tight when Rumble tix went on sale, so I didn't get any. I went on Stubhub hoping to find something today. The cheapest seats available are $300!

That's completely bonkers for a product that seemingly everyone but me is down on.

We bought a bunch of tickets for Raw on Feb 2nd and they doubled in price within a week.  Balcony seats going on Stub Hub for $60 and floor for 200+.  Yeah it is still a hot ticket.  Personally I would have skipped it for the price we paid but my daughter really wanted to go, and I know we will have a good time regardless.