DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I am particularly invested in the Rumble this year since it's the first live wrestling show I've been to since (I think) ROH Scramble Cage Melee in August, 2004.

That said, I don't think there's a ton to be enthused about. As much as I want to see Lesnar toss Rollins around, the singles rubber match (of sorts) was more compelling. Still, I am engaged and kind of excited for it. I have been to a Rumble before (2002), but we've got pretty killer seats from what I understand and I'm looking forward to take my essay-writing hat off and enjoy myself and do the hand thing while chanting YES! which is not something I've experienced and be part of a ridiculous Philly crowd, which is actually something else I've never experienced. Therefore, I'll keep updating this thread as we go and we can chunk in speculation and what not here.

Royal Rumble Match:

Announced Entrants(10): Dean Ambrose, Wade Barrett, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Goldust, Kane, Roman Reigns, Rusev, Stardust, Bray Wyatt

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:

Brock Lesnar© vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Title Match:

Usos© vs Miz and Mizdow

Bellas vs Natalia and Paige

Ascension vs New Age Outlaws

(Pre-Show): New Day vs MASTERS OF THE WWE UNIVERSE and Adam Rose

• Like 1

I have to be honest, I only care about the Rumble, and if Bryan doesn't win, I'll probably just skip WM this year and check out on the PPVs as well as RAW and Smackdown! I'm at the point where the only thing that really interests me on the main show is Bryan with the gold. 

Could be a really compelling Rumble match if Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are numbers 1 and 2 to enter and the last 2 remaining.

After that television blew up in Ambrose's face anything is possible I suppose. Maybe they can put a hydraulic under the ring like one on a dump truck. Superman Reigns comes out at 30 and flips the ring over eliminating everyone at once. Though technically the whole over the top rope stipulation could be an issue.

• Like 1

Could be a really compelling Rumble match if Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are numbers 1 and 2 to enter and the last 2 remaining.

After that television blew up in Ambrose's face anything is possible I suppose. Maybe they can put a hydraulic under the ring like one on a dump truck. Superman Reigns comes out at 30 and flips the ring over eliminating everyone at once. Though technically the whole over the top rope stipulation could be an issue.

This is both incredibly stupid and the idea I want to happen cause fuck it.

• Like 1

There are a few crazy possibilities for the night. Does Sting come out and do something? Does Taker cost Brock the title? Do we get any out of left field surprises (of former ECW guys, for instance, I could see Bubba Ray but not too many others)? 

I'm almost certain Jericho will be there if only because he's going to be in Philly to moderate the Bischoff/Pritchard debate. 

Maybe they can put a hydraulic under the ring like one on a dump truck. Superman Reigns comes out at 30 and flips the ring over eliminating everyone at once.

Well great, now we know how it's gonna end.  Thanks a lot.

Before #30 comes out, the last two men left in the rumble eliminate one another. While the refs scurry around ringside trying to figure out what the hell to do, Big Dave Batista's music hits, and he walks to the ring in some skinny jeans to claim his second consecutive Royal Rumble victory, goes to WM and beats whomever is the champion, and holds the belt hostage for a year while he goes to shoot movies. BOOK IT!!!

• Like 9

I should know better than to get excited but I cant help myself...Rumble is my favorite ppv of the year. Plus I have no idea where they are going with anything ( Cena vs Reigns? Bryan vs. Lesnar? Lesnar vs. Reigns? Cena vs. Bryan? Lesnar vs. Taker? Taker vs. Bray? Shield triple threat? I HAVE NO FUCKIN' IDEA!) and that adds a certain level of excitement.

I'm going to try to predict the final four entrants in the Rumble this year as Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, a returning Sheamus and Rusev. Although if they do Ryback Vs. Rusev at the Rumble, I doubt either pull double duty. Maybe Luke Harper then?

I should know better than to get excited but I cant help myself...Rumble is my favorite ppv of the year. Plus I have no idea where they are going with anything ( Cena vs Reigns? Bryan vs. Lesnar? Lesnar vs. Reigns? Cena vs. Bryan? Lesnar vs. Taker? Taker vs. Bray? Shield triple threat? I HAVE NO FUCKIN' IDEA!) and that adds a certain level of excitement.

You're not the only one. Pretty sure the people that are supposed to also have no fucking idea.

Could run Usos-Mizdow again I guess.

But you are all fooling yourselves. It's Lesnar-Reigns at Wrestlemania. Orton is costing Rollins the triple threat/cash in, for a match at Wrestlemania. Sting-HHH. There is your card, take it or leave it.

Just wait for WWE Fast Lane, where we can make jokes about the feuds going nowhere fast in the lead up to Wrestlemania.

But you are all fooling yourselves. It's Lesnar-Reigns at Wrestlemania. Orton is costing Rollins the triple threat/cash in, for a match at Wrestlemania. Sting-HHH. There is your card, take it or leave it.

That would've made sense before Bryan announced he was coming back. Absolutley zero chance Bryan isn't in the top match if he's healthy.

Bryan will win the Rumble, but hopefully there will be an inspired tease like Batista at 30, or Reigns as the second to last guy again.

The triple threat is very intriguing. I won't mind the standard "2 heels 1 face" triple threat formula since it will make complete sense with everyone's established characters. And Lesnar finally snapping on Rollins after he tries to steal one too many pins will be glorious. The MITB element is interesting, almost too obvious a situation for a cash-in. Seems like everyone's acting as if this Lesnar's last match, but is that confirmed? Bryan/Lesnar seems the obvious choice for Mania if both guys are there. Failing that, Bryan/Rollins would be a decent consolation prize.

Do we get any out of left field surprises (of former ECW guys, for instance, I could see Bubba Ray but not too many others)?

I would love to see Bubba tell Big E to "get the tables."

The other day I realized Orton hasn't come back yet and I got this really awful sinking suspicion that he's going to return at the Rumble and win it.  Maybe he'll interfere in the world title match or something.

sounds about right

That would've made sense before Bryan announced he was coming back. Absolutley zero chance Bryan isn't in the top match if he's healthy.

Have you people learned nothing? You're setting yourselves up for disappointment once again.

• Like 1

Last year, there was a similar slate of unappealing rumored matches for Mania, then they changed it to the Daniel Bryan show about a month out, and he was positioned to be the top guy until he got hurt. And they even dragged their feet writing him off. No way he's coming back to be a midcarder, especially now that the crowds know they have a chance to force a change if they shit on the product hard enough. The Cena scenario is viable, although it'd be a letdown to not see someone else get the rub from Lesnar.