DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT 01/07/05

How could someone not have said, "Hey, uh, your suit doesn't fit and you look like a mess" before he went out there?

This is the same company that sent a strung out Jeff Hardy out to main event a PPV against Sting

Yeah, Sting was all like 'fuck this' and forced the match to end early. One of the better TNA monents to know that someone has morals in the company. Well for wrestling anyway.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks Borash now resembles Jim Ross' down-on-his-luck illegitimate son, who desperately wants a relationship with his dad and might be able to give up drinking and turn his life around if Ross would just acknowledge him publicly, but Ross can't do that because Mrs. Ross will leave him if he pursues a relationship with the bastard?

Well, am I?

Anyway, not sure the show was awful, in-ring, but it certainly didn't interest me.  No plans to check the show out again anytime in the future.  I haven't watched much since AJ and Daniels left. and the booking and roster generally don't do it for me.

It's incredible how bad the production was last night. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks Borash now resembles Jim Ross' down-on-his-luck illegitimate son, who desperately wants a relationship with his dad and might be able to give up drinking and turn his life around if Ross would just acknowledge him publicly, but Ross can't do that because Mrs. Ross will leave him if he pursues a relationship with the bastard?

Well, am I?

Anyway, not sure the show was awful, in-ring, but it certainly didn't interest me.  No plans to check the show out again anytime in the future.  I haven't watched much since AJ and Daniels left. and the booking and roster generally don't do it for me.

It's incredible how bad the production was last night. 

I was just going to post that he looked like late 80s/early 90s JR! 

I am a big proponent of putting an end to fans being part of the show. This was a bit too far in the other direction. That great Mark Henry gif would have fit right in.

mark-henry-is-mad-o.gif

That is what it would have looked like if he was throwing someone into the crowd last night.

Poor Jeremy Borash. That is what Michael Douglas in Falling Down would have looked like if his frustrations went inward rather than outward.

I turned the show off during the main event when they had the picture in picture of the people backstage that were going to do a run in. I am thankful for the warning. I made a mistake saying I would be down for giving them a chance as long as they avoided the whole evil authority angle. With TNA the concern was that and factions. Looks like the ending I missed is right back to their old tricks. Angle stepping down means they can do both. Well at least I can check spoilers from this point on.

The first half of the show was okay for the most part but man that James Storm interview with Tenay was weird. Should have come up with something better than that for selling people on watching that new show.

• Like 2

Discounting Bound For Glory, this was TNA's first show since September 19, 2014.  Over 3 months and this is what they came up with.

I don't know why they darkened the building so much.  They had like half a house, that's enough people that it wouldn't have looked too bad as long as they focused on the ring.  Plus, they were loud.  Of course, they opened by going all over the building in the dark and the only well-lit parts shown looked empty.

Why can we see through Sheera's eyes?

You think Borash looks bad.  Christy Hemme just gave birth like a day ago and she sounded like it.  They should've picked up Justin Roberts to complete their WWE B-team announcer collection.

Mathews said The Wolves have been teaming for 7 years.  That's the first background info we've ever gotten on them and they've been in the company for a year.  Chest paint has to go.  That's just sad.

Why does Kurt Angle hate Taryn Terrell?  Why did Tess Macher come out of the crowd?  She works there.  Kong returning to feud with Havok would make more sense if Havok were the dominant champ.

I think Joe and Ki were planning to rob the box office but MVP called them.  They didn't do anything to earn a Scooby-Doo unmasking plus the camera pretty much missed Joe doing it.  Could've had MVP and King walk out, followed by Angle, then Joe and Ki run out and turn on Angle.  Was really just the swerve to swerve for the EY swerve, bro.

Whatever undue goodwill they fell into from either people being disappointed with Raw or optimistic due to the NJPW PPV; they probably lost it at the end of the show.  All they had to do was deliver a clean-ish finish in the World Title Match and they could've marked the debut down as a success but it's TNA so new network, same old shit.

No, she's pretty much just "Brooke" at this point.

The Spud/EC3 feud is all messed up.  He already cut Spud's hair and left him laying.  Doesn't make any sense to want to cut more.  Could've come out to cut Borash's hair and then Spud runs out to make the save.  He can still get laid out but at least he wouldn't come off like a complete victim again.

I'm working my way through the show on the dvr right now. Man EC3 is such an intollerable asshole and if this were another company he would be generating some huge riots. I can't wait for the eventual blow off match which I assume has to be hair vs. hair now. Spud going all apeshit and beating EC3 into a bloody mess would be amazing television. But since this is TNA, EC3 would somehow win in the end.

So I finished the show. Great to see Kong back. I hope it's for a long run. I suspect Terryn and her could have some fun matches like Kong/Kim. Would make more sense for Havok to be champion though and Kong challenging her but lets not get into a logic and TNA debate.

On second thought...I can almost understand Low Ki and Joe teaming up with MVP and Kenny King as this low rent strong style group (MVP busting out those submissions was pretty cool). But Eric Young joining them is so damn random. Okay lets say EY is pissed at Roode for taking his spot at the top. Why does he join with MVP to play fifth wheel? Now we're gonna get SRS BUSINESS Eric Young and Eric all serious is just so bland unless he becomes Terry Funk which might not be so bad.

Overall not a bad debut but man they got a shitload to work on. New channel...same shitty production team who miss everything. Also bleeping the crowd is gonna get dumb fast. Maybe tell the crowd "please dont curse" before the show if its gonna be an issue.

This was my first time watching TNA in about 2 years. EC3 is easily the most polished performer they have, and that's both praise for him and condemnation of the rest of the roster. He plays his character incredibly well, is comfortable in his role, delivers lines on point, and sells the situation with his acting and body language. How the fuck did WWE blow it with him?

Also, can Havok work at all? That BR looked like everyone trying to bump around her and make her look like a million bucks, and her being in the wrong place or doing the wrong thing every time.

Camera work was terrible, but everyone's been over that. I liked the look and feel of the set, but then again I think TNA should be looking at being the best indy they can be instead of a WWE light. Most of the in front of the curtain stuff was OK to actively good, but the ending to the ME was lolololololol same old shit.

This was my first time watching TNA in about 2 years. EC3 is easily the most polished performer they have, and that's both praise for him and condemnation of the rest of the roster. He plays his character incredibly well, is comfortable in his role, delivers lines on point, and sells the situation with his acting and body language. How the fuck did WWE blow it with him?

Be funny if they let him go on purpose, so he could go there, become a star and then get re-signed by WWE once his contract runs out. Like one of those Japanese "excursions," only they don't actually tell the other company he's there on loan.

• Like 1

Jesus, that face. It looks like so many things:

• Beavis and Butthead character
  • Alison Pill's twin, alcoholic brother
  • One of those troll faces
  • A Bill Plympton cartoon

When did JB get so bloated? I seem to recall him being a skinny dude at one point. Not that it's out of the question for him to gain weight (shit, I gained 30 lbs last year), but I was curious as to when he changed.