DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT 01/07/05

Destination America is Channel 873

I write this post so at 9 when I decide to live tweet Impact - I can find the fucking thing

I sent myself a text and an e-mail with the same info to do that.

There is one word for TNA's return to TV - disaster. Things started off with a hype video that was a bit too busy, and then we got a clusterfuck of a brawl, a bad Angle-MVP match, a weird Tenay-Storm interview, a bad tag title match, and throughout all this, random shots of walls and corners to set up backstage promos. JB ate a beating from EC3 and Tyrus while Spud watched him get his head shaved. Aries and Ki did their bless to excite people. God bless them - they tried. Aries won a good match to win the title. Velvet Sky could've died taking a bump in the battle royal, and we got AWESOME KONG'S RETURN at a time when she can't work much due to back injuries. Roode-Lashley III never really got going until the highspots, and then everything was negated with the heel turns of Low Ki, Joe, and EY. Fuck TNA.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-7-15.html

The flow of the show in image form.

Well, this is silly

c62049379867427.jpg

Generic Michael Mann, but okay.

921241379867440.jpg

I love me some belts

0edfe9379867446.jpg

DAFUQ!?

f510ea379867538.jpg

TNA is

7250d5379872781.jpg

6fdddf379880356.jpg

cbd08f379881177.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/e8lu29cnvwf17svz2a1h0q33xaqp8wsm

Okay I know we are supposed to wait until end of show but god this is the worst production quality of a national wrestling TV show (okay debatable I know) I have ever seen.    Anybody that complains about the quality of Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground has no right to bitch about this show   :wacko:

Wow this fucking show there is so much crap to talk about.   I mean nobody can take this company seriously and it has very little with Destination America

• Like 1

Really liked the intro video at the start. Crowd seemed hot for the opening with the loud bleeped out chants. Aries/Ki was pretty good, glad Taryn retained and cool to see Kong back. The knockouts division could have a strong year with Taryn, Gail, Havok, and Kong as the focus to start. Lashley/Roode seemed to go off the rails a bit and the ending was out of nowhere. Joe and Ki turning was an interesting twist and can fit in that stable but Eric Young turning is so random.

I like the low-fi backstage stuff of guys talking straight into the camera.  It beats the 15 year old tradition of wrestlers standing in the middle of the ring airing their grievances.  I think they should take it a step further and straight up steal the old ECW Pulp Fiction style promo packages.  

Holy shit this was absolutely fucking terrible. It made Monday's Raw look like whatever your platonic ideal of pro wrestling is. This was so low rent too, it all sucked. And that ending. That fucking ending, my God what WAS that? Jesus this was awful. This was worse than any of the shows on Spike I can remember. I can safely say I've never in my life heard crowd chants muted so that made some of the promos incoherent. Awful show, awful debut. It's absolutely amazing how whenever TNA makes a big move they always manage to make the absolute worst first impression possible. When they first went to Monday nights live against WWE they had that horrific abortion of a domed cage match where the fans chanted "change the channel", this was fucking worse than that.

All I have to look forward to is the absurdity of Eric Young being a member of the new Rottweilers.

New network, same ole TNA, now with even less lighting.  I will say that I thought Josh Matthews did a pretty good job replacing Tenney.  He actually sounds excited to be there and his enthusiasm showed.

I actually like the fact they blacked out the crowd. Keep the focus on the stuff going on inside the ring(even if it's no good).

The thing I didn't like about the blacked out crowd is that they miked the crowd a little too loud so there's a real disconnect when you hear all these chants and crowd reactions, but don't really see anyone in the crowd.  It almost felt like they pipped in the crowd noise.

I actually like the fact they blacked out the crowd. Keep the focus on the stuff going on inside the ring(even if it's no good).

That would be fine if it wasn't for that fact that it was so dark that it made the action in the ring look sub par. Even made the outside the ring action look bad because it was hard to see.   I mean they showed a wide screen shot (which they loved to do for such a small crowd) and it looked like the ring area was the size of a postage stamp.   

If you watch the beginning of the KNockouts match it was so awful that you can see these blurs in the background that I assume were fans.  

Matthews did a good job and Tenay sound so relax and casual as he talked about his new role. Both did a good job. Tenay off the headsets is something I have been asking for for years. The guy is much better in the role they placed him in. Taz continued to be terrible and started off the year with a bad performance. The brawl to start the show was interesting, but made no sense on a ton of levels. The brawl also had no urgency. Also the rap-rock stuff has to go. I can understand if it was Yelawolf and Outlaw Rap, but fuck. This is worse then the I BE DOING WHAT I BE DOING~! song TNA had in 2006.

I don't want to shit on TNA, but Jesus Christ on a Tricycle! Samoa Joe, Low Ki, and Eric Young all turn heel on Roode to join King, MVP, and Lashley? Looks like another heel stable threatening to take over TNA~! The motives are only not clear, but completely un-interesting. TNA already has one random stable with The Revolution, why another? The Kong return was good, but much like Sting's -- could have have been handled differently to get a better arena reaction. The KO Battle Royal was terrible, Taryn looked 'different' (and not in a good way), and Brooke not being involved (yet attacking Robbie) was questionable. So the new TNA got us Angle wrestling in business casual, the reunion of WWE's Sunday Night Heat broadcasting team, shots of Gorilla and random areas of the lockeroom, and JB getting his head shaved?

THIS IS HOW TNA START 2015?

I have to say this.  I have mostly liked the American Wolves even when they had that period in ROH where they were no selling everything and do fake MMA for 45 minutes.   But god I really hope those "claw marks" on their chest was their version of Finn Balor's body paint.  If those are tats someone dressed up like Nelson from the Simpsons should follow them all over the country saying HA HA because that was so indy looking.  I mean Ascension indy geek looking

If you really want a description of this show, just looks like Jeremy Borash tonight.  This man looked like he had just been beaten up in a bar he has been drinking in for about 15 hours straight.  Completely disheveled and with a complete "fuck this" look on his face.   Of course given what happened to him I don't blame him.  I mean the only positive thing he did in the whole segment (slap EC3 in the face ) was completely missed because the cameraman was obsessed with Brodius Clay's cock and balls.   

• Like 2

Based on the look on Lashley's face, it doesn't seem like he's long for this group. I did enjoy the main event until the clusterfuck ending. I'm fine with Joe and Low Ki turning, but Eric Young joining this group is just fucking dumb. I enjoyed Aries/Low Ki and wouldn't him mind fending off the challenges of Kenny King, Low Ki, and Joe.

I do have Part 2 of the Best of 2014 on right now. I was unaware of where Destination America was on my TV until I saw the TNA marathon was on since Destination America is 1 channel below the Travel Channel on my TV

Presenting 2014 TNA as a best of is the TV equivalent of telling a prospective employer how you spend your recent time, isn't it? I'm guessing it's not horrible but the presentation of it on this Best Of isn't enhancing it.

Rockstar Spud's suit is fucking awesome though

I thought the show was good. Not great, but it did have some great and memorable moments. I didn't get embarassed to be a wrestling fan or fall asleep so that's a plus.

Here's some random thoughts:

Josh Mathews is definitely a well needed breath of fresh air over Tenay.

I love, love, loved the first segment. It wasn't over produced like Lucha Underground (not saying that's a bad thing), but i found it to be great nonetheless.

Awesome Kong of all people returned. I honestly never thought I'd see her on TV wrestling again. I'm excited to see where the KO division goes from here.

Roode/Lashley 3 wasn't up to par with their other 2 pairings mainly because I knew a fucked finish was coming. However, people that are completely pissed off about it seem to forget that TNA really hasn't done no where near as many fucked main event finishes as they use to and WWE currently continues to do nearly every show since forever. I didn't see the reveal swerve of the two masked men coming, but I did see EY's turn coming once he hit the ring. At first I was only okay with Joe and Ki turning, but once I had some time to digest it I've concluded that EY's turn isn't as bad as I initially thought. They wanted to hit the reset button and they did just that. These turns will shuffle things up a bit and I'm fine with that. There really hasn't been many, if any, major turns in TNA since the MVP/Lashley/King one. So the whole "LOLTNA" bullshit isn't really justified here.

They REALLY need to stop running their tapings on weeknights. Last night's and tonight's tapings had/have way too many unsold seats. While Friday is damn near sold out. I understand that Friday they're doing Lockdown, but this also seemed to be a trend with the other North East tapings from last year. They probably have a hard time securing weekend dates. Thus making this kind of stuff unavoidable, but still, they need to figure this shit out.

With that being said, I understand that they darked up the arena to hide the emptiness, but I liked it. It had the feel of an old NWA show to me. Plus it's better than showing off a bored to death crowd. At least the fans were loud here.

• Like 1

TV shows should still get their own thread (or at least the spoiler thread when someone posts it).

I have never seen as bad of production on any wrestling show that I could remember.

The fact that you had a taped show and you miss the payoff of Borash slapping EC3 because you were staring at Clay's dick is inexusable.

• Like 2