DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

If anyone was still trying to decide about that Friday the 13th Kickstarter - they need about $13K to reach their goal in the next 3 days.

Yeah, after the initial wave of funding, it's been slow going ever since. I signed up for the $50 option and won't be upgrading.

Will i be the only person playing tomb raider while everyone else plays fallout?

I'll be playing Dust: An Elysian Tale. Just started that and like it enough to try and maybe finish it.

If anyone was still trying to decide about that Friday the 13th Kickstarter - they need about $13K to reach their goal in the next 3 days.

Huh, they reached $700k and the night isn't even over.

When I posted - my number was accurate. They did a Twitch of the NES Friday the 13th game - Kane Hodder was supposed to be there but had to bail so he was replaced by Adam Sessler.

I am assuming that event was what put them over the top. (Looking at the twitter time line - they got funded about 2 hours into the live stream)

• 2 weeks later...

What about that bullshit where new Deus Ex got delayed 'til next August?  Here I was figuring I'd almost have Fallout beaten by February and then slip right into Deus Ex.  Now there's only Xcom 2 and whenever that new Tomb Raider comes out on computer and I still haven't even played this fucking Metal Gear 5 shit and Just Cause 3 comes out in a few weeks and That Mad Max game will be getting cheap soon as well as that new Transformers game and I just got that new assassins creed game for free with an SSD on newegg and I never beat Arkham city and I never beat Dark Souls and never even Played Bloodborne or Endless Legend and I never played Fez or Invisible Inc and I still haven't beat Kingdoms of Amalur and I never beat the story mode on that Mortal Kombat 9 game and I never beat Pillars of Eternity and I wanna rebeat Resident Evil 4 on PC and I didn't play this new Strider game or Talos Principle or Toki Tori 2 or Transistor and that new Wolfenstein game is hard as fuck and I wanna beat that Warhammer Space Marine game.  In the words of the great bard DLR "Gimme a 72 hour day and we'll play catch up."

I'd also like a bottle of anything and a glazed donut.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ni No Kuni 2 has been announced!

While I'm super-stoked that this has been announced, I can't help but think that this looks entirely uninspired in terms of the story. The original had a terrific concept and base story. This one...doesn't appear to do that. Still, I can't wait to see and hear more about this.

Uncharted 4 continues to be its own special brand of wacky as the latest controversy is that they have a white actor voicing a black character

I mean... I guess... it's not Nathan Fillion playing an Asian character. Right Jade Empire....

http://kotaku.com/uncharted-4-creator-stands-by-having-white-actor-voice-1746457508

Honest question, does that seriously bother people?

To me, it shouldn't. I'm sure there are good black women voice actors out there (don't say Aisha Tyler) that would have done well with the part. Heck, the girl voicing Riley could have worked too.

But for whatever reason, Naughty Dog cast a part for Laura Bailey. If they got Jennifer Hale to voice a character, they would had almost every major voice actor/actress in the last 10 years.

I dont think too many people were complaing when Phil LaMarr (a black man) voiced Vamp (a white Romanian guy) in the Metal Gear Solid series

Now the problem is the character looks like Kandyse McClure from Battlestar Galactica, which may have meant they wanted to have her in the game but couldn't afford her.

I dont think too many people were complaing when Phil LaMarr (a black man) voiced Vamp (a white Romanian guy) in the Metal Gear Solid series.

You get the outrage is as much about giving those actors opportunities as it is cultural misrepresentation, right?

• Like 1