DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Here's a Polygon article covering the Friday the 13th game and it goes into greater detail in terms of game mechanics compared to the kickstarter page. I really like how they're trying to eliminate simple solutions for the camp counselors. It's basically picking your poison, as you make way more noise in packs but get freaked out quicker and are more vulnerable by your lonesome. I upgraded to the 2-pack option after reading this. I'm hyped.

I get that, but I'm saying in gameplay, how will that happen? When you're running from Jason, can two counsellors stop to take a fuck break and get a power up from that or something? I know it's a strong element in the movies, I'm just not sure how you incorporate that into a game when you're running away from a killer.

If they'd come out with something like this first, instead of doing the whole begging for pre-orders via faux kickstarter stuff, people would be really looking forward to this:

Isn't the Tudyk thing tied to Amy Hennig leaving/being forced out of Naughty Dog? 

I still don't know what happened there, and I don't believe anyone has really told that story.

She's on some new Star Wars game now that sadly isn't KotOR 3 because I'd love to see her write the hell out of that story, but maybe she'll go into detail eventually.