DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I wonder if I should stop my grand Uncharted playthrough before I get too far, since I'm now certain we'll get the Uncharfted trilogy on PS4 this fall.

It took a lot of time and energy to port The Last of Us to PS4 so I'm not so sure it's something Naughty Dog can do on a whim.

I would imagine Naughty Dog has had a team working on the "remastered" trilogy for awhile now and it would hardly be "on a whim" now.

Big Fresh - play the games now. They're gorgeous, without all the clipping and frame rate and other image quality issues that The Last of Us had. I doubt you'd see THAT much of an upgrade if they do release PS4 versions.

How so? This really isn't the same situation at all.

It kinda is - there was OUTRAGE on other forums about Arkham knight being delayed and WHY CANT I PLAY THE GAME NOW NOW NOW from certain corners.

I'd prefer it to be delayed and perfect (arkham city) than be buggy but come out on time (origins)

I can just forsee the same bunch of people saying naughty dog should release it so their nerdboners for UC4 dont disappear.

How so? This really isn't the same situation at all.

It kinda is - there was OUTRAGE on other forums about Arkham knight being delayed and WHY CANT I PLAY THE GAME NOW NOW NOW from certain corners.

I'd prefer it to be delayed and perfect (arkham city) than be buggy but come out on time (origins)

I can just forsee the same bunch of people saying naughty dog should release it so their nerdboners for UC4 dont disappear.

But Rocksteady announced a date for Batman that they knew they couldn't hit. They lied to us. I remember when that game was announced and they said "Coming Fall 2014" every member of the gaming press blatantly said, "Huh? No fucking way that happens and they know it."

This doesn't seem to be that case. This is an honest delay.

Well in a related story about the game - it says that when you eliminate a character, you re-equip all their powers onto another character.

It also stated that the first playthrough of the game - the traitor is pre-determined. It is only random on repeated playings

http://kotaku.com/this-game-has-some-great-ideas-but-thats-about-it-1630433620

I couldn't tell you why I didn't give a shit til now, but I am suddenly all about Axiom Verge.

can't wait till the PS4 version comes out in two weeks.

Bastion is on Vita now and part of the Spring Fever sale, and I am sorely tempted to buy it. I played it from a Humble Bundle on PC and came in with no expectations, and it became one of my favorite games last gen. 

By the way, I've said it before, but more people in general should get Vitas. It is my favorite handheld ever by a looooooong margin. 

I love the fuck out of my Vita. I just wish there were still new games coming out that weren't ports of PS3/PS4/PC games.

There are -- but they are mostly niche Japanese waifu games. Which means I'll get them and they aren't games you admit to liking in public.

• Like 1

All right then, I wish we were still getting stuff like the first year of the system, when we got a decent Uncharted interquel, an awesome Wipeout game, and Gravity Fucking Crush (which is apparently getting a PS4 port). Shit, I'd settle for AAA ports like Need For Speed and Injustice. I think the last new game I bought on a card was Ys.