DVDVR Message Board

JCP "The Good Old Days" documentary

SwayZe or anybody...cab someone grab a image cap of the describred poster below...sounds bad arse.....damn, how do I get outta these quotes??!!!

I so want that poster in JJ's house, with the Horsemen in suits toasting behind two bloodied jabronies and a busted table. So sweet.

SwayZe or anybody...cab someone grab a image cap of the describred poster below...sounds bad arse.....damn, how do I get outta these quotes??!!!

I so want that poster in JJ's house, with the Horsemen in suits toasting behind two bloodied jabronies and a busted table. So sweet.

It's more elaborate than I first saw.

Posted Image

Nah, just fuckin' with ya. Here it is to the left:

Posted Image

Only bummer is it's the Luger version of the Horsemen.

I flipped thru the Mooneyham book at Fanfest.  It's basically a collection of profiles on who was appearing at Fanfest, laid out like those books like The Tag Teams, etc. that Oliver & Johnson put out.  I didn't have any interest in it personally.

Swayze,

That image IS AMAZING, and DAMN I wish we had the chance to straighten it up, etc. Or find a copy of the ORIGINAL, I appreish the look at it bruddah. One day soon I'll start unleashing some of my many wrasslin images. Thanks again bro and if I find that image anywhere I'll hit you up!

watched the doc tonight.

very entertaining, but perhaps harmed a little by not being able to interview Dusty and Flair, having to rely on old shoot interviews. It would have been interesting to hear Dusty answer all the critics who seemed to blame him as much or more so than Jim Crockett for the downfall of the company.

Meltzer has made a few comments in recent podcasts (I'm thinking most recently on the "Barbed Wire City" one he did with Bruce Mitchell) that Dusty has made private comments to Dave and others that he now takes responsibility for keeping the same guys on top for too long and that he should have rotated out the Four Horsemen in 1988, if not sooner.

On the Four Horsemen DVD, Dusty makes the comment that Tully & Arn had grown stale and that jumping to the WWE as the Brain Busters was actually a good thing for them.

• 3 months later...

Bump because i talked to JJ about it tonight.

I asked him if he thought it was fair and accurate.

He said yeah and thought Jim Crockett was a stand up guy for saying "in the end, the buck stopped with me" as to why it ended the way it did.

He seemed amenable to doing an interview with us, so maybe in a potential 2014 issue of the magazine.

I only have a few minor quibbles with it, one being that they reused a lot of the same pictures over & over in the B-roll.

That really makes these documentaries hard to watch for me. The recent Memphis one, too. I wanted to screen them at the cinema I work at, but I just can't do it. It's such a fucking paint-by-numbers documentary. The music, too. The eighth time they slowly panned across a picture of Crockett sr in the first couple of minutes, I wanted to die.