DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-5-15

MGFanJay

Also you know its been 11 years since Hawk died. It was what like six months after Eddies death that Vickie was using his death as part of her act?

As for the Ascension and the an extent other NXT call ups recently it feels like Vince doesn't know NXT is part of his company. So when there back stage and Vince is like who are these guys some says there the newst guys from NXT he thinks there from some rival company and goes into 'I didn't make you. I most brake first'. Which you would think is weird if its true that NXT is as much Hunters baby as it's made out to be that he isn't fighting for these people.

Wasn't there a rumor awhile back that Dunn and Hunter are fighting for Vince's ear and to be Vince's replacement when he dies? I could see Vince wanting to bury the NXT guys to spite them for putting on such a great show while the main roster has sucked ever since. It's also believable that Hunter is lobbying to not have his NXT call ups get buried so quickly. While Dunn is telling Vince that Hunter can't develop big talent. They do well in the small pond of NXT but are horrible in WWE. Self-fulfilling prophesy and all that

So it's been a couple of weeks....how is the NEW DAY stable going?

Are they doing anything outside yelling "New Day!" and dancing this week? The Raw recaps tell me "no" but maybe I'm not giving the writers the benefit of doubt.

I'm sure they will progress those characters in the coming weeks.  I'll check in again later.

When Big E was yelling "New Day!" he almost had it locked into the rhythm of Whoomp There It Is, but not quite. Totally missed a trick there.

New Day-ay

New Day-ay

New Day-ay

New Day-ay

It can't fail to get over.

Did I miss something? Didn't BNB return last week to a face pop and got the KO pin victory against Cesaro and now he takes the heel's route to victory against Ziggler with help from Kane's shenanigans?

And I'm 99% sure JBL even said How cool it was BNB's first match back was for a title

I think he just meant the first match of the new Authority regime was a title match.

And as for Barrett being a face the week before, they probably just realized he'd get a face reaction for a return, so they just decided to go with it for that week. Barrett's a dick, but cocky enough that he'd be willing to bask in cheers.

Also you know its been 11 years since Hawk died. It was what like six months after Eddies death that Vickie was using his death as part of her act?

As for the Ascension and the an extent other NXT call ups recently it feels like Vince doesn't know NXT is part of his company. So when there back stage and Vince is like who are these guys some says there the newst guys from NXT he thinks there from some rival company and goes into 'I didn't make you. I most brake first'. Which you would think is weird if its true that NXT is as much Hunters baby as it's made out to be that he isn't fighting for these people.

Six months?   Hell they were exploited Eddie's death the very next week with Big Show turning heel by spitting on the low rider and then have Undertaker laying on the low rider while Randy Orton runs the car into the stage and it blows up.

Yeah Lance Storm was all butt hurt about this part of the promo.  I mean I can understand Rachel Ellering be upset but someone who worked for Russo complaining about poor taste. 

Maybe this is WWE's way of turning off fans 30 and older.

I'm 41....it fucking worked. I stopped seeking out Raw back in August and even reading the recaps hurts now. Vince has got to go. Will "the Game of Cerebral Kings" and his Mrs. be any better? Maybe. At this point different has GOT TO BE BETTER. The WWE needs another Attitude speech. A complete relaunch/reboot because they are sinking fast.

• Like 1

I find it so funny how everyone moans and groans about reboots and remakes but that's always the magic answer. How is rebooting going to solve anything?

How is doing what they are now solving anything? PG/Cena wins/Authority is a rut and it's just getting deeper.

I find it so funny how everyone moans and groans about reboots and remakes but that's always the magic answer. How is rebooting going to solve anything?

How is doing what they are now solving anything? PG/Cena wins/Authority is a rut and it's just getting deeper.

And in a reboot your not going to have PG Cena and Authority? Cena's not going any where the WWE couldn't go a month with out a heel running things how is a reboot going to change that?

I thought Roman had a better promo than previous ones.  It seemed at least a little more natural compared to those.

If I'm Dixie, I'm rallying the troops for Wednesday.  This should fuel the fire for all of them to put on the best show they can and then some.  It's just guaranteed to not be as bad as Raw.  It's amazing to think how months ago I liked Raw and wouldn't care if Impact went under.  Now I just want TNA to smoke Raw/SD in every way.

Greggulator has a right to like the angle.  I see where he's coming from.  But if there any emotional investment to this Authority stuff, it died out a long time ago.  The stips for SS were meaningless the minute Vince said Cena could bring them back.  Firing the faces was worth the non-reaction it got.  ECW had it right:  Stipulations are strictly upheld no matter what.  I loved that, it meant something.  If a tag team split up, no chance they're coming back together through a loophole.  It's just too bad that WWE doesn't believe in that, but damnit they should.

• Like 1

The problem with Reigns is he's not the kind of guy who should be wrestling 5 minute plus matches on a regular basis. He should show up, hit something impressive and go home.

What I love about all of the Authority stuff is that for as long as it's gone on for outside of Bryan (which is debatable) who has it gotten over. You could say Rollins but he was getting much stronger reactions in the Shield. It just feels like an ego trip of two non-wrestlers leading to a showdown with another non-wrestler (Sting).

That being said, I did enjoy Steph dancing at the end. It wasn't Steph pantomiming Cenas theme song good but it still cracked me up.

And in a reboot your not going to have PG Cena and Authority? Cena's not going any where the WWE couldn't go a month with out a heel running things how is a reboot going to change that?

Apparently when I say reboot, it means something different to you than it does me.

Start over....redo...restart...no PG, No Authority, Cena sharing the superman spotlight or beginning his ride into the sunset. A real, honest to Crom, reboot.

Again, they didn't put Reigns against people who would help him improve. Orton doesn't have chemistry with anyone on the roster besides Cena and Ziggles. Kane hasn't had a legit good singles match in years. And now they put him with Show, who works best with people who are going to die in a goofy manner or go do swinging.

Reigns isn't funny or good enough to go down swinging yet. The program feels way too early for him.

His promos aren't good, but they are only amplified because he gets to cut one of the like three promos that the Authority decided to take off for. Seth is much worst as in they aren't wowing people while being not fucked up imo