DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-5-15

MGFanJay

As bad as the final angle was, I thought Ambrose/Wyatt was much worse. I used to like Bray when he was in NXT and even the first couple months but he's just utter shit now. You give that entrance to a guy like Zach Ryder or Primo and it would get the same reaction. His promos suck and the matches are just boring. What was the point of Ambrose losing? To make him look even more like a geek?

Pretty much sums up whatever I was gonna post here. I thought for sure Ambrose would finally win this one but instead loses *again* as he is constantly booked to never win the big one. Rollins beat him at every turn, put him out of action and won that feud. Now the same thing, Wyatt wins all the big matches and Ambrose continues to be booked awfully. Worst part of the show for me easily.

He's been split from The Shield for only, what, 6 months?  And people hate hot shot booking.  But Dean Ambrose "never wins the big one" and is dead in the water.  In only 6 months. 

I just don't see it the same way as others I guess.  The sky isn't falling on Ambrose. 

Yeah. He lost a match. The dude's awesome and main-evented a bunch of PPVs and Raws. Not a bad way to look like a geek.

• Like 1

I concur with the people saying Dusty won't take this shit. He'd go and start dropping elbows on people. Starting with Stephanie.

Dusty would put a noose around HHH's neck and drag him around the parking lot from the back of a pickup truck while Dick Murdoch smiled in approval from the Great Beyond.

He would not elbow Steph. That is a job for Baby Doll.

Until she turned on Dusty.

We would not book it that way. Baby Doll would rush to the ring dressed as a security guard and cuff Steph to the ring ropes while Dusty hogtied HHH and dragged him away to his doom. Sam Houston would be behind the wheel of the F150.

This is my vision. It is a good one.

Someone also needs to throw a fireball. It was tully the first time, so i guess Miz can do it instead.

• Like 1

Silly rabbits. Ambrose will come back hot as ever. Dude has massive sympathy from the crowd, Wyatt is the one who would be fucked, He needs of all people to win a feud after the last couple petered out and Ambrose looks to be bulletproof in comparison to just about anyone else on the roster.

• Like 5

Silly rabbits. Ambrose will come back hot as ever. Dude has massive sympathy from the crowd, Wyatt is the one who would be fucked, He needs of all people to win a feud after the last couple petered out and Ambrose looks to be bulletproof in comparison to just about anyone else on the roster.

I can dig the classic Southern booking of keeping the heel up until the blow off angle, but WWE knows how to book a dominant heel in peril that still won matches when it counted.  They did it with Hogan and they did it with Ultimate Warrior.  Ambrose should get to stand tall at least twice a month.

I honestly think that Wyatt should be the US Champ or the IC champ.  Titles usually make feuds more interesting but Ambrose or Wyatt running with one of those belts almost seems like slumming.

• Like 1

WWE is proud to announce Wade "Bad News" Barrett's upcoming losing streak Intercontinental losing streak title reign!!!!

We're all sure that Wade will enjoy his chance to rise above months of burials to prove he's worthy to get a clean win over Mizdow Intercontinental title reign!!!!

I'm sure all of BNB's fans will be excited to remember that Daniel Bryan somehow survived this shit watch their favorite superstar's jobbing to Torito next week Intercontinental Title reign!!!

• Like 4

It's sad how I prefer to watch the Breaking Bad re-runs on AMC on Mondays now than I do this piece of shit show. Thank christ for DVRs, ughhhhh. I can't imagine watching this show live anymore.

-_-

I can't wait for Barrett's title reign, where he brings back legitimacy* to the belt, and then loses it in a few weeks (or gets injured, again).

* - mostly every title reign since Dashing Cody Rhodes has been hyped up by the announcers this way

As bad as the final angle was, I thought Ambrose/Wyatt was much worse. I used to like Bray when he was in NXT and even the first couple months but he's just utter shit now. You give that entrance to a guy like Zach Ryder or Primo and it would get the same reaction. His promos suck and the matches are just boring. What was the point of Ambrose losing? To make him look even more like a geek?

Pretty much sums up whatever I was gonna post here. I thought for sure Ambrose would finally win this one but instead loses *again* as he is constantly booked to never win the big one. Rollins beat him at every turn, put him out of action and won that feud. Now the same thing, Wyatt wins all the big matches and Ambrose continues to be booked awfully. Worst part of the show for me easily.

He's been split from The Shield for only, what, 6 months?  And people hate hot shot booking.  But Dean Ambrose "never wins the big one" and is dead in the water.  In only 6 months. 

I just don't see it the same way as others I guess.  The sky isn't falling on Ambrose. 

Not necessarily "the big one" but ANY one. He hasn't won a PPV match since the Shield split. He lost to Rollins in the lumberjack match, the falls count anywhere match on Raw, and the Cell. He lost to Wyatt in TLC, here, survivor series. I get that he'll remain over, doesn't mean it's not stupid booking to make the popular babyface always lose just because it "won't matter" because he remains over.

And doesn't the talking point of "Oh sure he loses a match... but he's main eventing the shows!!" just reaffirm the wins and losses don't matter nonsense?

At this point, watching RAW for the moment when a WWE babyface successfully grows some balls is like watching THE ROAD for the moment when Vigo Mortensen successfully grows a carrot. 

At some point you realize you missed the point when they told you that wasn't going to be the point and it's all just a test of how committed you are to making through one more miserable scene before you click over to EL REY and watch MIAMI VICE.

Ultimately, the only real takeaway is thaFUCKINGMIAMIVICEISONELREYNOWFUCKYOUWWEDISH!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I do like Michael Cole trying to pull off suits that only Tim Gunn could pull off. It is like Vince is dressing him now too.

I remember last year after Mania Meltzer writing how they wanted to try and recreate Daniel Bryan with Cesaro. Having him lose all the time hoping the crowd rallies behind him. The fact that I even have to wonder if this is what they are doing with Ambrose just shows how bad things are now. Are they trying to push someone by having them lose all the time? It has devolved to the point that this needs to be asked.

• Like 1

My problem with the WWE is that I want to like it, but they won't give me what I want to see.  I stop watching for awhile and I'll come back if I read something here in the Raw thread that would interest me and I'll get attached to a few of the characters but they never do anything with the characters when I get attached.  Once I realized that because I don't like John Cena, the only real constant, this isn't the show for me.  The periods of time when I don't watch get longer and longer to the point now, screw it.  Time is valuable and I can't be bothered with a show that is actively going to make me unhappy every week.

• Like 1

Guys, Greggulator is the Francis the sandman in this thing.

THERE IS NO RENEWAL!!!!!! NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU STRIVE CARROUSEL IS A LIE!!!!!!!*

It's just one sad jobber In shitty spandex exploding after another while we all hope and hope that one of them makes it...

*Note: LOGAN'S RUN was on el Rey tonight. Not that that helped me at all.

• Like 1

Jeebus FUCK was RAW was depressing. Every single face acting like a gigantic pussy now is incredibly grating because we've already gone damn near a year and half of watching the same goddamn thing. The Authority honestly should've died at WM last year. The only way that last segment would've been acceptable to me is the faces basically declaring they aren't taking this shit again and having Dolph superkick Hunter's face off when he finished prattling on about the suspension stuff.

After all this talk I think the only reason I think Ambrose can recover in no time flat is because he's the only face that actually fights back and seems like a threat, despite losing. Those three sad-sacks at the end clearly aren't. 

Also think I've figured out how they'll reverse all this and it'll involve Vince on air. That's what happened last time.

The worst part about the Authority is Stephanie tbh. We fucking get it, you're a McMahon. The difference is that Vince wasn't afraid to look like a fucking idiot if it meant making money and given people a satisfied feeling of having to watch a 50+ year old match cry like a little bitch. People will state that Steph not being touched often makes when she does get something, it's more impactful. Bullshit. If you told your kid you were going to give them a treat and time after time, don't give them one, they are eventually going to stop fucking caring and pout. And when you finally give the little shithead a toy or something, they will won't be happy because they already think you're an asshole.

She might as well be given an old timey blade that they used to shave people with and have the guys lined up to get their balls shaved off. She castrates/neuters everyone she has a segment with. Especially when it comes to other women. Insecure booking is the worst. Even Dixie, as dumb as she is, is game to do something to get the fans to pop.

Yup. But it's okay if she kills the company - GIFS ARE BEING MADE. That's the real big picture now - not this whole PPV/ratings bulllshit. THAT'S WRASSLIN - she's putting smiles on faces.

It wasn't easy breaking a twenty-two-year habit of always turning on the TV for wrestling on Monday nights...but this was a start.

I think I made it through RAW once in the past two to three months.   This company is doing nothing to convince me to keep watching it.  They have until WM to convince me.

I would have enjoyed a three hour Hogan-Beefcake match more than what I got last night.

Watching Wrestle Kingdom 9 and the 4 hours just flew by. Watching RAW these days, you're exhausted after 30 minutes and just fast forward. Great job you writers!

We're having fun, MAGGLE!

Debuting New Day and already shitting on them after a month, debuting Ascension and shitting on them after two weeks. Like they just want to show the NXT guys in charge how shitty their wrestlers are to prove a point...nobody told them it's the same company...

• Like 2

A few things I actually liked about the show:

1. The Miz. Whenever Mizdow finally gets tired of his shit, it is going to be glorious, 

2. Booker T on commentary. Sure, he sometimes gets his facts wrong...but he definitely adds to the commentary. I've been thinking that he would be a better third man in the booth over Lawler for a while now. He entertains me.

I'm not as down on the main event angle as a lot of people are. I do hate the way they emasculate their lower card babyfaces to make the super baby look good when it's time to save the day tho. I was kinda expecting some kind of Sting tomfoolery during the last few moments. (lights flickering, sting symbol etc.)

Also, Dean has this whole Mick Foley in the PG Era vibe going on. He doesn't have to win every match because he is always dangerous, and has the sympathy thing going for him. He does need to win a feud-ending match sometime tho.

Hard to feel sympathetic for a guy who looks like a tweaker after a high starts to wear off.

I can't wait for Barrett's title reign, where he brings back legitimacy* to the belt, and then loses it in a few weeks (or gets injured, again).

When's the last time someone kicked the shit out of someone because they lost a title match? Alicia did that shit for a few months, but she didn't care about winning, she was just crazy. Barrett's ass kicking of Ziggles was longer than most matches we get on Raw.Plus the 15 or so minutes of official match time.

I is happy about that booking. :D

Too early for this. Going to work. Ciao.

Saw some people like Lance Storm get up in arms about The Ascension being disrespectful to Hawk or whatever. That's absurd. People get way too sensitive about that stuff. 

What doesn't make sense is that clearly these guys are scripted to put themselves over the older generation teams, yet the announcers shit all over them. 

I mean, I doubt those guys were like "hey, let's go off-script and bury the Road Warriors." What's the point of having the announcers (which are basically avatars for backstage) bury them for it? Was the point of the whole thing just to fuck with them? 

edit: also, it's amazing that they have like 4 or 5 people down in developmental who are training to be announcers, and have been training for a while now, yet when Lawler goes down it's like "fuck, guess we gotta get Booker up here." God forbid they give someone who might be a long-term replacement a shot and it goes over well. I'm not even saying that A-Ri or Renee or Albert would have been good, but at least it would have been something different. God knows that show needs something different. 

• Like 1

The whole "Ambrose NEVER wins" thing is hilarious - he and Bray have been trading wins for weeks. The even-steven booking is what made this feud suck, not Ambrose being "buried." What the actual issue will be is if the real reason Wyatt went over is so he can be fed to a crippled Undertaker that should very clearly be retired by now - as much as that would disappoint the terrible fantasy bookers in the WM thread.

• Like 1

Also you know its been 11 years since Hawk died. It was what like six months after Eddies death that Vickie was using his death as part of her act?

As for the Ascension and the an extent other NXT call ups recently it feels like Vince doesn't know NXT is part of his company. So when there back stage and Vince is like who are these guys some says there the newst guys from NXT he thinks there from some rival company and goes into 'I didn't make you. I most brake first'. Which you would think is weird if its true that NXT is as much Hunters baby as it's made out to be that he isn't fighting for these people.

I thought it was the promos that hurt this stupid feud. Both guys are so intent on making sure you know their fucking characters are that they haven't tried to mesh or have good matches. Just prove that one is a raging INSANE person while the other one is a preacher or some shit.