DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-5-15

MGFanJay

We're seconds away from finding out who drew number 27 in the 2015 Royal Rumble.

Here we go, dawg!

BUNKHOUSE.gif

Awww, shucky ducky quack quack!  It's BUNKHOUSE BUCK!

But he's got to deal with The Authority and the numbers game...

Maggle, you idiot, he's got Colonel Parker and THE MONSTER MENG with him.  These guys are fun to watch.

• Like 3

They could buy TNA Just so they could show up there and then keep the angle going the same awesome direction by having Stephanie storyline "buy" it and fire them again.

the 3 guys they "fired" could probably just pool their money and buy it for themselves...

They could buy TNA Just so they could show up there and then keep the angle going the same awesome direction by having Stephanie storyline "buy" it and fire them again.

the 3 guys they "fired" could probably just pool their money and buy it for themselves...

Just don't let Ziggler call the booking. He'd want everyone to hit an even .500 before a bad match happens.

• Like 1

So Big Show beating the snot out of Reigns was awesome. Can we talk some about that

Yes it was. Show looked like a killer in there and Reigns looked good too. Really enjoyed that match.

The ambulance match was by far my favorite of the Ambrose and Wyatt series. I like Dean more and wanted him to win but I didnt mind the finish at all. I thought it was the best Wyatt has looked in a singles match since the Bryan Rumble bout.

A company booked by Dolph would be like ROH circa 2002. It would be good matches for no reason and wins and losses would not matter. 

I announced ROH back then, and well ... we did have a No. 1 contender's trophy (which they dressed up with a little AJ Styles outfit).

I will say I'm really glad Rollins was added to the title match, which is what they should've been building towards since NOC anyway. Cena and Lesnar will never top their Extreme Rules match, and this is a good way to freshen it up. I can't wait to see Lesnar throw Rollins around.

The Ascension going heel with a literal "Road Warrior knockoff" gimmick is actually some inspired on-the-fly booking. They need to drag out old-ass Animal and beat him up. If they can't do that, they can rag on the APA and beat up JBL. They can beat down local jobbers for most of their matches, then cheat like crazy against main roster opponents. I'm sure they won't follow this angle through to its full potential, and since it's just the Ascension, I really won't care, but it does have some promise.

Aside from that, this show was bookended with essentially two 20-minute HHH promos, and screwing all of Cena's teammates then firing them at the end was a bit of overkill. Save us D-Bry.

From Meltzer's Buddy Rose obit: 

Rose’s (wrestling) philosophy was akin to the idea that in a match, you build up the fans’ emotions and excitement until, in a manner of speaking, they are ready to cum. But just when they are about to, you pull out, leaving them wanting it that much more next week.

Using that logic, the WWE must be like dating the most obnoxious ice queen ever. She holds out for months and months, gives it to you once and it's spectacular, then goes back to the same games a few weeks later. I think we should start seeing other people.

• Like 11

The worst part about the Authority is Stephanie tbh. We fucking get it, you're a McMahon. The difference is that Vince wasn't afraid to look like a fucking idiot if it meant making money and given people a satisfied feeling of having to watch a 50+ year old match cry like a little bitch. People will state that Steph not being touched often makes when she does get something, it's more impactful. Bullshit. If you told your kid you were going to give them a treat and time after time, don't give them one, they are eventually going to stop fucking caring and pout. And when you finally give the little shithead a toy or something, they will won't be happy because they already think you're an asshole.

She might as well be given an old timey blade that they used to shave people with and have the guys lined up to get their balls shaved off. She castrates/neuters everyone she has a segment with. Especially when it comes to other women. Insecure booking is the worst. Even Dixie, as dumb as she is, is game to do something to get the fans to pop.

Yup. But it's okay if she kills the company - GIFS ARE BEING MADE. That's the real big picture now - not this whole PPV/ratings bulllshit. THAT'S WRASSLIN - she's putting smiles on faces.

New Japan still has superior GIFs though.

• Like 1

At what point will the Raw threads be down to Gregg saying "Great show, you don't know what you guys are missing" and ebbie complaining about something or other?

There's too many who like to crap on things despite 'not watching' for it ever to come to that.

At what point will the Raw threads be down to Gregg saying "Great show, you don't know what you guys are missing" and ebbie complaining about something or other?

you forgot the over the top BNB love

Definitely.  Had to love them coming back with all the traditional hits.  Extended promo segments?  Check.  Heel ref(s)?  Check.  Handicap match?  Check.

Thread should be closed soon since it's the Monday after...