DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-5-15

MGFanJay

Yeah, forgot that Ambrose lost another fued and is DOA.

But I look forward to Gregg's spin that shows with totally dead crowds are a good thing.

One dead crowd's a bad city. This is is a trend now.

But I look forward to Gregg's spin that shows with totally dead crowds are a good thing.

One dead crowd's a bad city. This is is a trend now.

The scary part is that Texas was made for fucking wrestling. Like they ran the same match for 5 or 6 years in the Von Erichs vs The Freebirds because the women wanted to sex Kerry, the men wanted fucking knock Roberts out and Terry Gordy is like the best fucking wrestler ever.

• Like 1

Stars and Stripes Forever was an absolutely inspired choice for the music at the end.

My TL was bombarded with people saying how much better WK9 was than this Raw and I'd fucking hope so. There would be a major problem if it weren't. I got to see Barrett beat the living shit out of Ziggler and get his belt back so I'm happy even if the closing angle was whatever, at least until the confetti and music and it became ridiculous.

Jesus...more babyfaces getting killed and having the odds stacked against them.

I mean, logically...where the fuck was Sting? He comes in to take out the Authority, they weasel their way back, this is the week dude should have been Vigilante-ing  or something.  

Not yet. Sting has to come back when things are fucked up. Sure The Authority coming back is bad. But what if they turn a new leaf? Tonight shows that is not the case and that things are going to keep going to shit for members of the roster. 3 people were fired tonight and there were screwjobs galore. NOW Sting had a reason to come back. The Authority is showing its ass again, so now Sting needs to come back and right some wrongs. Maybe when Cena is at his lowest and is about to do something stupid (i.e. join The Authority) that's when Sting will come in and save the day.

Re: Wyatt/Ambrose:

Wyatt wins TLC

Ambrose wins Boot Camp match at Tribute to the Troops

Wyatt wins the Miracle on 34th Street match

Ambrose wins the NO DQ (or whatever that was) on Raw

Wyatt wins the Ambulance match.

Even-Steven! Is Ambrose going to get his win back at RR and tie the series again? Fuck! These guys are just cancelling each other out!

• Like 1

In the words of Kid Kash, Re: the Sandman crucifixion angle:

"Yeah, I was there. That did not get over... [laughing] AT ALL."

To put that into context, that was said in the Forever Hardcore doc right after Raven said "it got over. I know because I was right in the middle of it. We had that quiet... Japanese heat." Good job Ayche and Steph. Quiet Japanese heat! 

I did like Ziggler dying, Barrett winning, and honestly if Wyatt had lost it would have buried him. Ambrose can get his heat back no problem. And the Ascension are clearly Skeletor's "cringing lackeys" (straight outta the He-Man mini comics! I got all the quotes tonight) like J.T. said. 

EDIT: OH OH OH! And Ambrose stole Tenryu's punch/chop combo!

Was Bryan on this show? I was planning on watching any segments he was in after the fact, but I didn't see anyone mention him.

I'm on "only watch Bryan" mode right now until they ditch the Authority and start booking at least at 1995 WWF-level of competence. 

• Like 1

It seems like the only people defending the angle are the "this is going to make perfect sense when Cena turns heel".    Well I am glad they are building a storyline for WM 45 because that is probably when Cena turns heel

See the impression I got is maybe Vince got his way and they are going with Cena-Sting at Mania. You can have Ziggler and Sting (rightly) be all pissed that they did all the work at Survivor Series only for weak ass do-gooder hypocrite John Cena undoing it all and ruining everything. So that feeds right into a match between them.

I mean, if all this ends with Sting Scorpion Death Dropping Cena at the Rumble to give Rollins the title, it'll all be worth it.

Cena's long-awaited heel turn finally coming by turning against Sting might explode the Internet.

• Like 1

It seems like the only people defending the angle are the "this is going to make perfect sense when Cena turns heel".    Well I am glad they are building a storyline for WM 45 because that is probably when Cena turns heel

See the impression I got is maybe Vince got his way and they are going with Cena-Sting at Mania. You can have Ziggler and Sting (rightly) be all pissed that they did all the work at Survivor Series only for weak ass do-gooder hypocrite John Cena undoing it all and ruining everything. So that feeds right into a match between them.

I mean, if all this ends with Sting Scorpion Death Dropping Cena at the Rumble to give Rollins the title, it'll all be worth it.

Cena's long-awaited heel turn finally coming by turning against Sting might explode the Internet.

or if Cena comes out as a Fake Sting to attack Sting

Great, so now we get a few weeks of the Authority doing 30 minute promos mocking Cena leading to him overcoming odds to get the faces their jobs back.  It's also pretty safe to say we'll see any faces who don't get fired wrestling handicap matches or other such non-matches.

At least Cesaro and Kidd have a cool finisher.

Granted work was busier than average tonight, but I didn't even realize The Ascension were on the show till I read the recaps here.

The way they're burying faces not named Roman Reigns, I can only assume that they're terrified of letting another Daniel Bryan slip through the cracks. I think the McMahons are still pissed that they didn't get to do Conquering Hero Batista Returns To Win Title last year, even moreso after Guardians Of The Galaxy blew up.

It's great that the babyfaces act of defiance to getting fired was hanging their heads and pouting. That was like the pro wrestling equivalent of packing all your belongings in a box, saying "thanks for the opportunity, can I list you as a reference?" and shuffling out the door.

• Like 2

Cena is not turning heel, Cena will never turn heel. He refuses. I see some sort of stip match with those guys rehiring at stake. 

Cesaro is scary strong, picking up Big E and holding him horizontal for Kidd, wow. I watched the show with the sound off until the end, it worked better for me that way. 

Yeah, I have no idea why everyone is shitting on this angle. None. You guys could get Savage/Steamboat AND the Horsemen breaking Dusty's arm and Hogan turning and would hate it. The Authority has power back. They're vindictive shitheads. They punished those who dared opposed them throughout the show and strung them along to humiliate them and Cena at the end of the night.

This is setting up Sting's return. Hence why HHH name dropped him a few times during the course of the show. It's not coming yet -- Sting has to come in to REALLY save the day.

• Like 7

Yeah, I have no idea why everyone is shitting on this angle. None. You guys could get Savage/Steamboat AND the Horsemen breaking Dusty's arm and Hogan turning and would hate it. The Authority has power back. They're vindictive shitheads. They punished those who dared opposed them throughout the show and strung them along to humiliate them and Cena at the end of the night.

This is setting up Sting's return. Hence why HHH name dropped him a few times during the course of the show. It's not coming yet -- Sting has to come in to REALLY save the day.

tumblr_nasg51z7RR1t8sdweo1_400.gif

• Like 14

Yeah, I have no idea why everyone is shitting on this angle. None. You guys could get Savage/Steamboat AND the Horsemen breaking Dusty's arm and Hogan turning and would hate it.

That you actually believe that tonight's show is in any way comparable to any of those angles is why it is so hard for me to take anything you say seriously.

• Like 14

Yeah, I have no idea why everyone is shitting on this angle. None. You guys could get Savage/Steamboat AND the Horsemen breaking Dusty's arm and Hogan turning and would hate it.

That you actually believe that tonight's show is in any way comparable to any of those angles is why it is so hard for me to take anything you say seriously.

Did I compare this angle to those? No. I'm stating that everyone has a knee jack reaction to everything on Raw these days. It's a yawn fest reading it, honestly.

Cena is not turning heel, Cena will never turn heel. He refuses. I see some sort of stip match with those guys rehiring at stake. 

Cesaro is scary strong, picking up Big E and holding him horizontal for Kidd, wow. I watched the show with the sound off until the end, it worked better for me that way. 

a stip match where if he wins, he can only bring back 2 of the 3 fired guys.. which means the 3rd guy returns to attack Cena for not getting him rehired

• Like 1

There's the delusional spin we all love.

Seriously dude, its just not us hating this shit. It's everyone.

Current poll on WWE's facebook: Did you enjoy RAW. Yes - 682. No - 6.3k.