DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-5-15

MGFanJay

LOLed at SIN CARA being right next to Cena starting his promo. Liked Seth being added to Brock-Cena since that's not doing a thing for me and he gives them an out to beating either guy, or just stealing the fall and winning the title. They ran down tonight's card which was a nice change of pace, but none of the matches seem all that great. Barrett-Dolph has potential though. Or not - they did a goofy 2/3 falls stip after a nothing match and it never got out of first gear. Long chinlocks and Kane stuff didn't help. The match was just a backdrop to the Authority angle and Barrett won thanks to THEDEMONKANE. Ascension came out to kill jobbers and were buried endlessly by JBL, Booker, and Cole. Show-Reigns sucked. Reigns is just doomed with the booking and the promos - shockingly, quoting Fleischer Superman cartoons didn't work in 2015. Reigns rained stairs on Show's head with a spear.

Shitting Harper-Rowan match got no reaction beforehand, during with two refs, or after with two refs attacking Rowan. Dean and Bray went through the motions of an Attitude era crawl and brawl for eons. Dean jumped off an ambulance and was rewarded with losing after taking two Sister Abigails. Usos lost because Jimmy confused HIS WIFE, who is black, wearing his orange shirt, and in blue and black checkered gear for Damien Mizdow. Seth beat Ryback after two curb stomps and Booker said that no one man could beat two, despite Ryback himself doing that a ton in 2012 and even beating three guys before. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro nearly saved the show by attacking Big E during Rose-Big E while dressed as leotard-clad Rosebuds. Kidd dancing on Cesaro's shoulders was amazing. Then the heels came out and fired Team Cena after a century and they played Stars and Stripes Forever while Steph danced, kissed her husband, danced while kissing her husband, and the show ending. So WWE's killing the company and deciding that profits are less important than creating GIF-worthy television.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-raw-1-5-15.html

Screens -

1d78e5379197079.jpg

5885e0379233652.jpg

60b839379233664.jpg

e6749e379233670.jpg

763e5a379233709.jpg

6fbefd379206195.jpg

f9c847379206307.jpg

3d9da5379206834.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/i9krbdbrq3x8y3e9hyqx6qdkawa0dp1v

Oh My God I hate the Ascension.  Thank God that Logan's Run (unedited) was on El Rey Network tonight..

The Ascension looks like they would be at home at the end of some He-Man cartoon with their heads hung low while Skeletor berates them for their bumbling incompetence.

• Like 12

It seems like the only people defending the angle are the "this is going to make perfect sense when Cena turns heel".    Well I am glad they are building a storyline for WM 45 because that is probably when Cena turns heel

See the impression I got is maybe Vince got his way and they are going with Cena-Sting at Mania. You can have Ziggler and Sting (rightly) be all pissed that they did all the work at Survivor Series only for weak ass do-gooder hypocrite John Cena undoing it all and ruining everything. So that feeds right into a match between them.

I mean, if all this ends with Sting Scorpion Death Dropping Cena at the Rumble to give Rollins the title, it'll all be worth it.

they should keep rolling and have the Authority essentially being insincerely pro-Cena while trying to ruin his reputation with the fans/other superstars.

If Rowan, Ryback, or Ziggler had families, maybe do the Bischoff/Randy Anderson angle with HHH telling some little kid that Dolph/Ryback/Rowan are still fired because of John Cena.

Essentially have the purpose of this involve HHH trying to break Cena and ruin him.

But yeah, Rollins is leaving the Rumble with the title, one way or another

But ebbie had a pretty good night I imagine

I did! Missed the opening shit and got home just in time to see Wade show people how you can toss people into shit without killing them for reals. Then I continued on a knitting project while putting on Apocalypse Now. What a fucked up movie.. But didn't bother watching Raw after Wade won. :)

Greg was the only one that Steph and HHH were back last week. I feel like it's gonna be a threadly (making up words rule) thing to ask him to defend this shit. Still <3 ya Greg..

Jesus...more babyfaces getting killed and having the odds stacked against them.

I mean, logically...where the fuck was Sting? He comes in to take out the Authority, they weasel their way back, this is the week dude should have been Vigilante-ing  or something.  

I love Ryback as the Superman babyface that gets beat but requires multiple finishers to came down. "He gets his ass beat, but it takes slightly longer than the other guys, John. Cheer him."

Ambrose is dead. That said, he might actually win the Rumble. If Undertaker doesn't fight Bray (and he probably won't) what the fuck has been the point of this booking?

This is the first Raw of the year. Historically, this is usually the start of a hot angle. And we got babyfaces being fired and Sad John Cena. 

And I mean, the overlap between NJPW and WWE fans are small in the grand scheme of things, but man...not the night for this show. 

Gonna be a long road to WM. 

I watched the Sixers game for the first 2 hours thankfully. Last hour was brutal. Don't think I will bother watching the first 2 hours tomorrow off the dvr. Attention  shareholders you really should look into ousting Vince McMahon.

Do you think the guy dressed as a hot dog has any money! - JBL.

The commentators going out of their way to bury The Ascension was completely stupid and counter productive. Why? I know the Ascension sucks, but Jesus Christ! Of Course those two are going to say they are better than LOD and Demolition and the commentators should be putting over how is a new day and new generation and The Ascension have been THE STANDARD in NXT for a shit ton of time. Just a bad performance from the booth during that match (but then again I expect nothing more).

I really wish I had the strength to give up on this fucking show.  I could stick with NXT, old shit on the Network and NJPW and I'd be golden.  But nope, can't do it.  I should just not watch this live anymore, fast forwarding on DVR is better for me.

I...I don't even know what to say about killing the faces like they did.  Only thing that feels right is saying the following:

FUCK YOU, WWE AND THIS FUCKING SHOW!  THAT WAS SHIT AND YOU KNOW IT WAS SHIT!

I feel slightly better.  And yes, it was slightly necessary.