DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Cass and Enzo got Blue Pants more over in two weeks than Vince has gotten Reigns over in two years. I liked the Corbin/Bull brawl, and it was nice seeing Corbin show fire.

Charlotte is pretty much the most unlikeable wrestler in WWE.  

Is Redemption available anywhere?  Last I saw it wasn't on Hulu, definitely not on the Network. Could definitly go for that again.  Between Curtis and Maxine (damn, was she hot) to the wacky as hell stories to Regal quoting music lyrics for no reason, it was ridiculously entertaining.  They even opened the show in the style of "Glee", clearly not giving any fucks.  I loved it.

• Like 1

Is Redemption available anywhere?  Last I saw it wasn't on Hulu, definitely not on the Network. Could definitly go for that again.  Between Curtis and Maxine (damn, was she hot) to the wacky as hell stories to Regal quoting music lyrics for no reason, it was ridiculously entertaining.  They even opened the show in the style of "Glee", clearly not giving any fucks.  I loved it.

It's up on Hulu Plus as Season 5 of NXT.

• Like 1

That finish was fucking crazy. Sin Cara doing a deadlift into the spot was pretty cool, too. I'm superduper excited for the Tyler Breeze stalker angle with (I assume) Marcus Louis. Marcus has looked like Michael Berryman since he lost all his hair so it's fitting that they do some kind of horror movie angle with him.

The man who thinks he's ugly going after the prince pretty....makes so much sense that everyone should've seen it coming. It will be interesting to see if Marcus Louis can actually get over.

The powers that be really need to let Itami use the GTS, not on some fanboy-type shit but his in-ring character could really use it. The trouble in paradise (+1 Spin) isn't working.

Guest Ramo2653

Did anyone else rewind their stream to look at Marcus Louis (long shot would be Mojo Rawley being the stalker) after the replay? I thought Alexa looked really crisp aganist Sasha too.

Tyson Kidd, King of the Promos. 

"They're my cats" to Saxton after Natayla left made me spit food. That and him laying down the gauntlet for Sarah McLachlan. I'm still only midway through the show, but that's probably my favorite thing I'll see in wrestling this week. 

I'm in full support of Tyson for the SPCA.  That whole interview was a gigantic win.  Before NXT, he wasn't the most relevant guy on the roster.  But now he's one of the best parts about NXT.  FACT!  I wonder if a positive change can happen for Axel.  I'm hoping he finds his groove while there.

Really loved Sami's promo.  He knew the "This is our title" line is cheesy, but you could tell he really meant it.  Loved him calling the fans part of the band (I call dibs on the kazoo)

I actually thought Alexa/Sasha was a solid little match.  I was kinda surprised by how good Alexa looked.  Man, Axel was terrible.  Just a dead ass, flat match, when KENTA can't afford to be having any.  I agree that they need to go ahead and give him the GTS.

Oh man, NXT is just on another level. Sami's promo was great. A lot of folks draw comparisons to Daniel Bryan, but Sami is so much more natural on the mic. It's really effortless. I also really dig everything Neville is doing.

Really liked each match this week too except they need to find a finisher for Itami. I don't like that kinda roundhouse kick thing he does and thought it was a flat finish to a match that had Axel working his ass off.

Speaking of Axel, they need to find something for him to do on the main roster. He does many little things right and his in match shit talking is maybe some of the best in WWE. I think his ceiling will probably be an IC or US champ, but that's a good way to make a living. He may want to consider shaving his head at some point, though.

And yeah, Kidd is such an entertaining goofball at this point.

Looking forward to Wednesday's show. I'm hoping Corbin destroys Bull. I love Corbin. He reminds me a little of Edge when Edge first debuted. He's a quiet guy that does a few impressive things that captivates the audience. If he ever busts out a tope suicida, then yeah, he's the new younger Edge. I guess the problem with Corbin is what do you do with a guy that doesn't lose? He needs to challenge for the NXT title at some point, but there's such a logjam there with SamI, Neville and KO. You also have Kidd and Breeze right there as well.

I think this is a good reason for NXT to create a 2nd lower tier singles title, like a TV title or something akin to that. I think NXT could do some great things with 10-minute time limit TV title matches. What do guys like Corbin and Breeze and Itami go for when the NXT title is locked up in a fued with two guys?

• Like 1

Zayniacs > the yes movement. Sasha is pretty much the best heel around. Little things like stomping on Bliss' hand and saying too easy before hitting her finish. I wish that would've got more time along with Breeze/Gable. My first time seeing Gable, and he looked really good in there.

Axel stunk imo. He spent 90% of his time on offense yelling stupid shit at the fans and putting on rest holds. Match was fine when Itami was on offense. I also have no idea what LD's were going for with that finish, but hey it looked pretty cool and no one got hurt.

Tyson is on another level with his character work and the great little throw away lines he gets in.

I think Sasha was the only heel who didn't rely on the chinlock to get the fans to cheer crutch. I'm way past the point of that shit getting on my nerves. Bray was doing multiple chinlocks in a f'n street fight match.