DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Crowe made Gable and Jordan look better than anyone else has. His offense was limited, but crisp. That was probably the best NXT men's match in quite a few months.

The dude would be presented better/given more offense if the crowd hadn't given up on him so quick. I'm hoping he can fight out of the hole.

5) Crews looked really good in his squash. One problem with it is his finisher. The dude rolled around SO awkwardly to set up for the standing moonsault. That was pretty noticeable. That move has to work by the bounce off the mat looking good and/or Crews just doing it to someone's back and then rolling over for the pin.

You are counting on the other guy to do a pretty convincing bounce flip, which I gotta imagine is hard.  I don't know why he just doesn't do some sort of fallaway slam/Samoan Drop, which he can then pop back up and hit his moonsault.

Gable/Jordan vs. Joe/Finn at the next takeover is going to be so sick.

I'm assuming Joe turns on Finn there, main events the London show and then shows up on the main roster.

The NXT title has been defended in the main event at every Takeover and the next one won't be any different.  So, it's just a matter of where in the tourney the Joe/Finn train gets derailed.

Is it me or was the audio a bit low for the crowd?  Something seemed off about that.  Either that or the crowd was not reacting that much.

I was thinking maybe it was because this was filmed before Takeover and some of the crowd reactions didn't mesh with the results?

It definitely sounded a bit muted until the main.

If the tournament finals can be used as the main event, why would the title need to be defended?

It would also be a good opportunity to let the women's title be the main, but I'm not sure if they have someone strong enough to pair with Bayley right now.

If the tournament finals can be used as the main event, why would the title need to be defended?

It would also be a good opportunity to let the women's title be the main, but I'm not sure if they have someone strong enough to pair with Bayley right now.

Ya, it looks like it's either going to be Bliss or Eva Marie.  Neither of those matches scream main event.

t.

Emma could pull off a good match, but no one would buy her winning. Is the champion gets a rematch a thing in NXT? If so they could have the Sasha rematch headline like it should've done last time.

• Like 1

Jason Jordan is a star in the making and I can see why Naylor and Hero in particular were hyping him like mad for the longest time. Gable is so small, I just can't see him getting a huge push on the main roster. For reference, Taz's listed height is 5'9", Gable's is 5'8" and he's not a particularly muscular or thick guy like Taz(z). I hope he can overcome the size bias, but it's going to be hard. Jordan, on the other hand, if he keeps developing should be a future star.

When Spike Dudley and Tazz did DVD commentary for their title match at the '02 Rumble, Tazz outted himself as 5'6".

Weird thing about Blue Pants, is that I've enjoyed most of her indy stuff.  No, she's not elite level, but pretty solid.  In NXT, really, the only purpose she serves is to get a pop, and make her opponent look good.  She does both of those well, and I think the backlash is from people expecting her to be more than that.

Solid performance by Crowe again tonight met with complete apathy. Too bad Crowe doesn't hold 10 fingers in the air between spots. That would do the trick.

I agree, it is too bad he doesn't know how to get/stay over with a crowd that was chanting his name when he debuted.

Solid performance by Crowe again tonight met with complete apathy. Too bad Crowe doesn't hold 10 fingers in the air between spots. That would do the trick.

I agree, it is too bad he doesn't know how to get/stay over with a crowd that was chanting his name when he debuted.

This- Solomon Crowe's fall has gone past all the problems. The crowd was begging for Crowe for a year after he couldn't break into NXT rotation for 18 months, and he couldn't stay over- he had indy cred that people claim is all NXT crowds want, and it didn't keep him over, he had an interesting gimmick and it didn't get him over, while falling down the card and not getting to the same point other top indy wrestlers get to.

...you know, it might be a fairly controversial "hot take" here, but MAYBE...JUST MAYBE, Solomon Crowe might not be as good as everyone thought he was!

Jason Jordan is a star in the making and I can see why Naylor and Hero in particular were hyping him like mad for the longest time. Gable is so small, I just can't see him getting a huge push on the main roster. For reference, Taz's listed height is 5'9", Gable's is 5'8" and he's not a particularly muscular or thick guy like Taz(z). I hope he can overcome the size bias, but it's going to be hard. Jordan, on the other hand, if he keeps developing should be a future star.

When Spike Dudley and Tazz did DVD commentary for their title match at the '02 Rumble, Tazz outted himself as 5'6".

That commentary is pretty fun to listen to, as well.  "What the heck was she swinging at?!  I'm not 6'6", I'm 5'6"!" or something of that nature.

At tonight's NXT house show, they taped a first round Dusty Rhodes tag team tournament match

Hype Bros beat Alexander Wolfe and Kekoa

The show was good with Bayley beating Emma in the main event. No Balor or Enzo/cass. Bayley and the Vaudevillans were really over. Vaudevillans has a real good match with Gable/Jordan. Gable/Jordan are so awesome. I think Gable can overcome the height issue.  He's an Olympian. Vince gets off on that. My favorite match was Breeze vs Corbin. They did a comedy match and didn't even lock up for 5 minutes. They even did the under the ring chase gimmick with Drake. Also the finish was beautiful. Breeze turned to end of days into the beauty shot.

I hadn't been to a wrestling show in years and I decided to go to the NXT show tonight in Orlando with my girlfriend and it was fun. She's not a wrestling fan and she told me she enjoyed it.

Keep in mind I'm not super analytical about wrestling and just enjoy the sport for what it is, good or bad, if I like it, I like it. I also haven't followed the sport regularly in years either, so I had no idea who half of the guys were. I just did a quick Google search for NXT roster so I could find who half of them are.

Not really a TV taping, so I'll just post some thoughts and results here.

The show felt like an old IWA-MS show from years ago in a small armory, but with way better lightning, sound system, way more fans in attendance and a lot more professional.

1. Solomon Crowe vs. Elias Samson -- I have no idea who Samson was, but am familiar with Crowe as I've read his name several times in indy results. Samson came out with an acoustic guitar and got a pop, but then got the fans to turn on him by going down the old school heel routine of taking shots at the city he's in. Match was exactly what you'd expect from an opener. Crowe pulled out some weird submission which he won with which I had never seen.

2. Bull Dempsey vs. Angelo Dawkins -- I had only heard about Dempsey before reading his name pop up in NXT results before. Never heard of Dawkins before. Dawkins does this fit wrestler gimmick which really didn't connect with the crowd. Dempsey's a fun fat guy to watch. He snatched Angelo's head bands and teased tossing them to the crowd before putting them on which got a pop. Dawkins was annoying in a bad way and not in a good heel kind of way. He's just annoying and not very entertaining to watch. My girlfriends not a wrestling by any chance, but she enjoyed Dempsey.

Some guy called Hugo Knox who seemed to have a model and stripper type of gimmick cut a weak promo. The segment wasn't very good as you could barely understand what he was saying. His dancing remembered me of Alex Wright, but his dancing was 10x worse.

3. Nia Jax & Dana Brooke vs. Peyton Royce & Carmella -- I'm not familiar with any of these girls. This was pretty bad. All 4 of these girls didn't look good. Jax looked the best as a big bully heel, but she's still pretty rough around the edges to say. Her bearhug looks awesome and she was able to ragdoll Peyton around a couple of times which was cool, but she still has a lot of work to be done. I would say Aja Kong would be a great example for her to follow, but they're totally different styles in totally different eras and settings. Amazing Kong would be a bad example for her to follow too. I think she'd be best trying to replicate a Samoan like Umaga.

4. Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley vs. Noah Kekoa & Alexander Wolfe -- I'm not familiar with any of these guys aside from Ryder who I've seen some matches of when he was on the main roster. Ryder and Rawley were over with their cool dudes gimmick which reminded me of the Dynamic Dudes for some reason. I thought Kekoa and Wolfe were pretty bad. Wolfe looks like an indy wrestler and Kekoa's Hawaiian gimmick isn't good. I don't think Ryder and Rawley should be brought up to the main roster as a tag team as I didn't feel they are that good. Ryder I did like, Rawley not so much.

5. Apollo Crews vs. Ty Dillinger -- Fun match. I'm familiar with both guys as I've seen clips of Uhaa Nation on YouTube and I saw Dillinger on the NXT Brooklyn show where they fought each other. This match was the exact same as their aforementioned match from NXT Brooklyn. Apollo was waaaaay over with the crowd and I think he has potential of being a solid addition to the main roster as a stocky athletic guy.

- Bayley cut a promo thanking the fans for the support and Emma interrupted her and challenged her to a title match and Bayley accepted and announced it would be the main event. Bayley was waaaaay over. She has all of the potential of being a huge star once she makes it to the main roster. In the PG WWE era we are in now, she can make tons of money on merchandise sales as the kids love her.

6. Tyler Breeze vs. Baron Corbin -- Fun comedy match. Breeze is great. The fans loved him. After doing the underneath the ring bit, when he popped out he got his head trapped under the ring apron and got punched by Corbin. That was great. I think Breeze would be a great IC-US champ. when he makes it to the main roster.

7. The Vaudevillians vs. Jason Jordan & Chad Gable -- I love the Vaudevillians. They are great. Jordan and Gable seem to be trying to pull of a Kurt Angle type of wrestler gimmick which I didn't like. To me the Vaudevillians made this match. They're charisma and baby mannerisms are great. Gotch going nuts and screaming at Aiden to fight and get him the tag was hilarious, but awesome. My girlfriend loved the Vaudevillians too.

8. Bayley vs. Emma -- Solid house show main event. Again, Bayley has all of the potential of being a huge star when she makes it to the main roster. She's just extremely charismatic and very good. I love how Bayley's taken a simple move like the belly-to-belly and made it relevant in this time in wrestling where a lot of finishers are really contrived. My girlfriend seemed tired at this point and offered to go home, but she said she didn't want to leave because she wanted to see Bayley wrestler before she left. Keep in mind she had never seen or heard of Bayler before and the only time she had only seen Bayley was during that short promo and faceoff segment with Emma from ealier, but Bayley connected so well that she turned her into a fan in that segment alone. I guess Sara del Ray deserves some praise too for what she's been able to teach these women.

Excellent show overall. I'll definitely be back for another show when they're in the area and am definitely going to be going to Royal Rumble at the Amway Center in January.

Eva is awful She's the fucking worst. She has Sixx "fuck off heat" going on. Seriously, I want her off my tv....forever.

Now, on to the good. Holy shit, how great are Jordan and Gable? Both of them are freakishly athletic and Gable is already showing the "it" factor. I can actually see them running the entire tournament. They are already getting over and capable of doing pretty much anything in the ring.

But seriously, get Eva the fuck away from my favorite pretend sporting event.

• Like 1