DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

They've never been able to push two women at once now they're going to bring up 3 new wrestlers at once and push 9? Of course it's a problem. Charlotte was the only one that needed brought up at the time, but hey gotta capitalize on the US women's soccer win that 99% of the country will forget about a week after it's over.

This is a company that royally fucked up the push and possibly career of their next company ace so the fact they can't book a mid card women's angle worth a shit shouldn't surprise anyone. Just look at the two all time bad finishes to the two big Summer Slam matches we got. This is also the booking team that gave us the worst booked match of all time in this year's Rumble.

• Like 1

The match results have actually been really good for elevating the right people. Brie, Alicia, Paige, and Naomi have been losing most of the decisions. Charlotte and Sasha have yet to be pinned, and I think Nikki and Becky have each taken one fall that was protected with interference. I can see worrying about the lack of angles so far (though I think that will change soon), but the match results have been spot on for subtly establishing who the important ones are.

Pushing three newcomers SHOULDN'T be a problem, (anyone remember the freaking Shield?) but yes, it is a degree of difficulty harder than pushing one newcomer.

But this is WWE. If they'd just brought up the one, they probably would have fucked that up, too.

This reminds me of their generally futile attempts to do a Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight division. The "Look it's a bunch of people doing stuff!" approach never really seems to catch on with the WWE audience. WWE fans want stars and stuff to be presented as major and important more than they want **** matches.

It's not about calling it in the ring or pre-planning. Familiarity is what's benefited the NXT yaks. They've worked with each other for a couple years constantly either in class or on the road. Now their weaknesses have been exposed on the main roster working with girls they aren't best friends with. Someone getting hyped as top five in the world should be able to carry anything with a pulse and that includes Brie Bella.

If it is familiarity, why aren't the existing divas, who have been wrestling each other on shows for longer than current NXT has existed, having matches like the NXT women?

Waitaminute, you mean they've been trying to get someone ready to take Cena's spot.

Fuccckkkkkk,  This whole time I thought the plan was to keep Cena in the top spot until 2116 - ether by cloning new Cena's or simply making the existing one a cyborg - and systematically squashing anyone who comes along and could one day threaten Cena's spot. 

You mean that isn't the master plan?  But it was working so well.

Boo.  Nows I ams disillusioned.

Fuccckkkkkk,  This whole time I thought the plan was to keep Cena in the top spot until 2116 - ether by cloning new Cena's or simply making the existing one a cyborg - and systematically squashing anyone who comes along and could one day threaten Cena's spot.

Don't worry the cyborg is still in cold storage ready to be thawed when needed.

tumblr_mai9uiipWb1ree9s5o1_r1_500.png

It's not about calling it in the ring or pre-planning. Familiarity is what's benefited the NXT yaks. They've worked with each other for a couple years constantly either in class or on the road. Now their weaknesses have been exposed on the main roster working with girls they aren't best friends with. Someone getting hyped as top five in the world should be able to carry anything with a pulse and that includes Brie Bella.

If it is familiarity, why aren't the existing divas, who have been wrestling each other on shows for longer than current NXT has existed, having matches like the NXT women?

Different philosophies.  The NXT women trained together pretty much everyday and then put in a decent amount of time in the ring on house shows.  The main roster women were generally trained just enough to be ready for TV so most of them have lousy fundamentals and then they put in minimal ring time either on TV or on the road so there's no chance for improvement.  At most, some of them might roll around in the ring working out spots on TV days an hour before the doors open but that's only going to do so much.

And to be brutally honest, for all the hashtag whining, I don't think most of them ever cared about their ring work.  They just wanted more TV time so they could play star.

WWE should bring back the mini-camps with Finlay for the main roster girls.  Film that for Total Divas or a Network special.

Especially if it was run by Mick Foley.  :)

But if they every did do the camps like they used to who would you use?  I believe Finlay's still there so why not him?  Maybe they can promote Sarah D'Amato full-time to the main roster and do camps with them.  Once Sarah Stock gets acclimated to the training she could take over D'Amato's role at the Performance Center.

I want to see Neville and Jason Jordan have a ten minute match after seeing that tag match tonight. I enjoyed their mat sequences immensely as well as Neville's hot tag.

Jordan is a beast. I'm calling him Baby Lesnar from now on. 

Someone should tell Eva Marie to stop doing that terrible senton splash. 

I still think Eva Marie had a better performance than Viktor tonight, though. 

I'll never get sick of Apollo Crews talking shit while in the process of hitting guys with offense. 

I like these Team Angle dudes.  They've looked great. 

Speaking of looking great..  ALEXA.  She could be a star.  She's pretty athletic.  If she can put a little more polish on those aerial moves she'll be well on her way.  Right now everything is a little too robotic but she's got a great character now to go with her in-ring skills. 

They didn't show the full bracket from what I could see.   I hope it's something insane like 64 teams.

Main event was a lot of fun. Jordan and Gable are getting really good really fast. Gable's opening mat work was slick as hell, and Jordan was a beast the whole match. Alexa is so much better as a heel pretty solid performance from her.

I really hope Jordan & Gable take this tournament. The two have a lot of chemistry. It was also nice getting to see Jordan finally show off. I've been wanting to see what we got from him tonight for a while now as he always seemed capable but never really got the chance to show it seemingly until now.

Alexa vs. Blue Pants was no four horsewomen classic, but it was perfectly fine. Best Pants has looked on offense.

Eva Marie looked marginally better this week, which is a good sign.

Jordan and Gable are fucking awesome.

Opening match was more fun than most Ascension matches I've seen, albeit that's partly due to me laughing so hard at Konnor deciding the way to work face is to do some Road Dogg punches followed by an Eddy Guerrero hip-shake.

Alexa Bliss worked a perfectly good little tv match.

I'm ready to see Crews move up the card.

Eva Marie...learned a second facial expression, (or a first.) Now she's just gotta get that whole "wrestling" thing. Kickouts works be a good thing to cover right about now.

I echo everyone's sentiments about Jordan and Gable. Push them to the moon.

Chad Gable is going to make Vince a lot of money withinin the next couple years.  My first time seeing him and he just immediately exuded star quality.  

Thumbs down to the NXT crowd, though, for the "We want Neville" chant during some slick Gable/Crowe chain wrestling.

''End Scene'' was totally apropo from Graves on commentary after Eva's match. Eva continues to look like she's playing a wrestler, that being said she's slightly improving, like, she totally pissed off everybody in the building when she forgot to kick out during the final stretch, but her taunting in between the sticks is getting better. She's still nowhere near ready to be in a match on television, yet I have this bizarre fascination with her challenging Bayley one day so I'm willing to give her time to progress.

Echo the sentiments on Jordan/Gable being fucking awesome and having such organic chemistry with each other, Jordan gets some mean height on those belly to bellys.