DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Dillenger's been over for months doing jobber matches and on house shows. I doubt his new gimmick will work but it's worth a try. As for Corbin, the crowd turned on him once he stopped having matches where the crowd could count how short it was. Then they went back to it and the crowd didn't care.

The majority of the crowd isn't bad but the vocal minority can get on my nerves. It's the same people that go to TNA shows or are just there to chant non stop. And when I say non stop, i mean it. When Owens did the promo calling the crowd the "John Cena of wrestling fans" it only made them get louder and more annoying. They took it as a badge of honor.  Case in point the Corbin match that I think will air in 2 weeks.

I'm kinda hyped for Joe/Corbin.

I have a feeling Joe isn't going to be in NXT long. Why not use him on the main roster while he can still go?

Strikes against Joe -> He's older, he was in TNA for too long, and he's a man of significant substance.

I would kill for some Rusev vs Joe battles, though.

Full Sail is the best crowd in wrestling. Maybe ever.

The crowd cheers for good guys and boos bad guys. The chants almost always have something to do with the match and/or performer. in fact, I'm trying to think of a time a chant had nothing to do with what was going on in the show. The times they rejected a face worked out for the better. They crapped on Bo Dallas who slyly turned heel over time before becoming one of the best characters going. Baron Corbin is a total work-in-progress. He had really good reactions for a bit, got stale, was starting to get turned on and became a heel.

I'm really not sure what anyone wants in a wrestling crowd.

• Like 2

He's a long way from the guy he was 05-07 (when there was a legit argument for him being the BEST IN THE WORLD) but I don't think he's been given much of a chance to show what he has left after TNA took his soul.

The Owens match was so obviously both of them holding back, and otherwise it's been squashes and tags.

I'm really not sure what anyone wants in a wrestling crowd.

The Baltimore GAB crowds. Those are the pinnacle of crowds IMO. They are into virtually everything, can get massively into anything if the work is good, seem genuinely to bite on near falls, add energy to the proceedings without needing to resort to cleverness that sometimes seems more aimed at being clever for the sake of it, etc.

Full Sail has a long way to go before they get to that point. 

• Like 2

I think that almost killing Tyson Kidd (whether it was his fault or not) is also going to work against Samoa Joe.

He's fine. They haven't even told him to stop using the muscle buster.

Here in Houston, there's a small group of jackasses who go to various shows and try to start "Test of Strength" chants before every fucking match on the show. After sitting through that multiple times, the Full Sail crowds don't bother me that much.

Joe has looked really slow and washed in NXT. The match with Owens was so slow and plodding it felt like it was underwater. He worked himself into great shape but maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. Also the crowd didn't seem to react to him like one would've thought. I don't know, it's all very weird, Joe in NXT has been a strange experience so far.

The problem is they LIKE Joe, but they LOVE Balor and LOVE LOVE Sami Zayn.

He probably won't be the company success that, say, Seth Rollins is, but Sami is indisputably Mr. NXT. And Balor is the interim Mr. NXT with Sami on the shelf.

"That guy got kicked right back to Comic-con." Best color commentarian.

The Fullsail NXT crowd is automatically at least good because they've yet let the 'WHAT?' chants last. They outright killed the 'CM Punk' chants when some tried to start it in NXT, this was long before the mainstream crowd found it dumb.

This was a fantastic camera angle:

XQqqvcZl.jpg

And the per-requisite adorably evil Alexa expression:

0slWZQbl.jpg

My next guess: Molly Holly

I think Joe could have a great run on the main roster just hossing out with the other dozen or so hosses in WWE in tv matches for a year or two. The WWE is doing something seriously wrong if they don't make money off Sami Zayn on the main roster. He's the natural choice to fill the Punk/Bryan smark hero void, and like those two will probably get really over with the casuals as well.

Full Sail is the best crowd in wrestling. Maybe ever.

Jesus Christ.

A crowd needing to be constantly chanting something "clever" in order to get themselves over is not good for the performers or show.

Someone praised the "Father Of The Year" chant, for example - fuck that. How did that help Owens get over as a heel or move the storyline along? It's just some asshole in the crowd trying to be funny.

• Like 1

Based on the small amount of NXT I've watched:  I think the crowd is overall fine--but they're spoiled.  They've been treated to all the great wrestling/storytelling and so, when they're a bit bored, they think they can express that however they want.  They think they're part of the family, so to speak.  In some ways they are, because they've been there since the beginning.  But they shouldn't take advantage of that.

They're not a bad crowd--just one that doesn't realize how good they've got it.

• Like 5