DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

They really have hit a home run with the NXT brand.

I started watching because of how much I loved Bray's FCW promos. I watched a ton of the earliest NXT stuff when I was looking for the earliest women's wrestling. They couldn't even sell out Full Sail back then. How many does that even seat? 500 even?

It wouldn't surprise me if Vince saw that 13,000+ number and decided to poach NXT like crazy, with most people coming over to the main brand having no direction while NXT languishes because you can't have a show be bigger than the main brand's flagship show. 

• Like 1

So, now that we're pretty sure Sasha/Becky II won't be happening at Takeover, where and when will it happen? I'm so enamored with the first one that I'm a little bummed we won't be getting part two this month. I think it'll happen BUT will the match still get the time and freedom to be great on a main roster show?

Honestly it probably wasn't going to happen at Takeover anyways as I'm pretty sure Sasha/Bayley was planned to happen now regardless. The match probably  won't get the same time and freedom on the main roster unless its for a ppv.

The cynic in me says:

1. You have lots of traveling fans coming for summerslam already.

2. It's New York.

3. It's hip and trendy at the moment, as an "alternative" to main wwe product.

Counterpoint, and the only thing that matters to Vince: 13,000 tickets sold. $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Vince saw that 13,000+ number and decided to poach NXT like crazy, with most people coming over to the main brand having no direction while NXT languishes because you can't have a show be bigger than the main brand's flagship show. 

Well, word is HHH is being given everything he needs to ensure NXT is a huge success  in order to prove to the stockholders that he can carry the company when Vince finally explodes and crumbles to ash like we know he will.  Stockholders have always been wary of HHH because he's just a wrestler, not a MBA or whatever those of us in the rich white guy circle jerk that is big business consider important.  NXT's success and, in turn, HHH's success, makes WWE look more stable and helps with the stock numbers.  Vince and company are essentially working the stockholders.

13,000 is completely unfathomable to me. I was completely wrong I figured they would top out at maybe 7000 people but to nearly double that is insane. Clearly the rumors of NXT's fall and demise were exaggerated. Madness.

Who was saying they were falling?

If they ditch the TLC gimmick having Sasha/Becky 2 take place at the December PPV as the main event would be probable.

Since its sandwiched between Suvivor Series and the Rumble it allows WWE to experiment with letting the Divas main event a PPV. If it works that's awesome and shows it can be done more. If it fails, the Rumble will still do huge numbers and people will forget that the Dec PPV did not do well

• Prince Devitt vs Kevin Steen.
  • Main event.
  • In WWE.
  • Sellout crowd.
  • In an NBA arena.

Seriously, how much money could you have if you laid down odds on any combination of that shit 5 years ago? Hell, 2 years ago?

• Like 2