DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Clarification - if you are talking match results for TV that hasn't air keep it in spoilers since we don't really have a seperate thread like for say Smackdown

The Dark Match stuff doesn't have to be spoiled.

I might change things up once I figure out the best way to handle it

Bayley supposedly broke her arm though has been working with a cast on.

So Bayley doing a Bob Orton gimmick would be amazing

EDIT

CHvsq6XXAAEGius.jpg

• Like 2

Despoilered from Rippa's claim:

in the dark match for NXT TV tapings tonght it is Uhaa Nation (not sure what they are calling him) vs Johnny Gargano of all people.  I know he was one of the people in the last tryout so hopefully he gets a chance.

Surprising if it was- I thought the line going around from the last tryout is he was the biggest name to really flame out in the exercises with questions about his cardio.

Really? Hasn't he had some pretty long matches in DGUSA/EVOLVE without apparent difficulty?

I know, but apparently from the tryouts, the line was Gargano did poorly in some exercise sequence there. Not 100% about it- and if he's working a dark match that likely says it was nothing- but that's just what I had heard before.

And as for the Bayley injury- please say this leads to the next few weeks of tapings having her going around asking everyone- face, heel, staff member, fans in the stands- to sign her cast.

According to my 14 year old daughter, "Bye Felicia" is back and a current "thing" among those in the know.

I'm 42 on Monday. Without kids, I'd know fuck all about anything.

• Like 1

I don't see anyway to get there logically and quickly, but I'd have zero problem with Big Cass being the guy to beat KO. Provided Enzo sticks around to keep the act going.

Carmella trying so desperately to get "By Felicia" over that she said it twice because nobody popped the first time was "Bischoff making scissors jokes" level sad.

Too many people watching Olbermanns show.

I don't see anyway to get there logically and quickly, but I'd have zero problem with Big Cass being the guy to beat KO. Provided Enzo sticks around to keep the act going.

Wouldn't the quickest way be have KO beat Demon Balor in Japan, mock Enzo and Cass for continuing to fail to get gold back in the States, Enzo/Cass/Carmella come out, Owens cuts them off, Enzo runs in and gets immediately powerbombed. Cass challenges Owens to stick up for his buddy, Owens agrees, Cass says like Owens he's a prize fighter, Owens laughs and agrees to the match for the NXT Title, Cass wins in an "upset" because Owens was too cocky to notice the fact that Big Cass has been reguluarly take out the tag champs himself, it's been due to Carmella or Enzo being attacked that they lost. And since Owens has no backup, he has no way to distract Cass.

It's obvious they have a lot invested in Balor, but him as NXT champ does nothing for me. I don't see any interesting heels lined up for him either.

Rhino.

Balor as babyface champ until Hideo is healthy: then it's revealed Balor injured Hideo to steal his big moment in Tokyo.

Save that idea for Shinsuke Nakamura or an AJ Styles/Young Bucks version of Bullet Club

That 30 seconds gave Balor more personality than his whole time in NXT.  And, what the hell, Blue Pants is uber over.  Was the plan for her all along as Blue Pants or did they just latch onto it?

Why the hell didn't they give Samoa Joe the music from the promo package?

She wrestles a TON in Florida, so I imagine the crowd at NXT are very familiar with her work. Doesn't hurt that she's got pretty darn good Charisma as well, and is super cute.

I've enjoyed Joe in NXT, but I didn't set my expectations real high. It's not 2005 and you can see the miles on his body are catching up to him, but he's been solid on the mic and showing a lot of effort in the ring even if the cardio isn't there anymore. The first few minutes of the Owens match was really good, but it looked like he was totally blown up by the time the show-ending brawl came around. If he can get some conditioning back, I think he could be a really good as a featured guy.

BTW - Bayley did confirm on Twitter that it is a broken hand

CIH-7AAUYAAohsH.jpg

And she has been picking out little girls at the NXT house shows to sign it.

• Like 3

So to paraphrase Matt again - the WWE has a license to print money marketing some of these women.

They just have to pull the trigger

• Like 1