DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I actually defended Dana Brooke at first, but yeah, she probably needs a bit more time in the Performance Center.

Solomon Crowe, on the other hand, is probably getting released. There is too much talent that is floating around (or about to be floating around once TNA dies) that I don't think they'll be patient with someone who shouldn't be that much of a project. Crowe isn't Brooke or Jason Jordan or Baron Corbin; the contrast between where he is at and where Owens is at while watching their match last week was not lost on me. 

I, as one of the folks that takes issue with Dana, have no issue with her being a body builder or one of Hunter's chosen. I have issue with her being bad at wrestling. Simple as that with no ulterior motive. Yes, she is the Mojo Rawley of the NXT women's roster.

I'm quoting myself....yes, myself to demonstrate that my stance on Dana STILL has nothing to do with Hunter. Quite frankly, I LOVE NXT and haven't watched Raw in over a year. If I had an "anti-HHH bias" this wouldn't be the case.

It's ok to dislike something HHH does and not dislike HHH. To say otherwise is fucking silly.

I'm not being contrary - Dana Brooke is not a good wrestler. I just think the reactions here are ridiculously overblown considering she didn't even have a match on the last show and there was actual bad wrestling taking place that nobody wanted to pay attention to because it involved DVDVR darlings Charlotte and Emma.

I'm not being contrary - Dana Brooke is not a good wrestler. I just think the reactions here are ridiculously overblown considering she didn't even have a match on the last show and there was actual bad wrestling taking place that nobody wanted to pay attention to because it involved DVDVR darlings Charlotte and Emma.

The issue is pretty simple. People see Dana and immediately figure that WWE sees her as a better prospect and more important in the grand scheme of things than Sasha, Becky, and Bayley. People resent that due to years of WWE acting like WWE.

It's easier to let a bad performance slide if they are usually consistently good.  I have a pizza place that I love eating at, and last time I ordered, the pizza was kinda ass.  They are normally excellent though, so I gave them a pass.  It's kinda hard to get that same luxury if you don't have a history.

• Like 1

There was no "actual bad wrestling" it was one run in spot after the match was over, and it wasn't even a botch at all. Stop embarrassing yourself.

One botch, and now it's flat out "bad wrestling". Also, is anyone even that high on Charlotte? She's like the 4th best NXT girl. 

You contrary POV guys really has become more annoying then the "hive mind" side. 

Charlotte probably hasn't been darling to anyone here aside from myself for several months now.

Meltz called Dana Brook Hunters "bling spot."

She's no worse than main roster girls... But she looks horrible next to the work rate girls in NXT.

Don't have a problem with Brook as she is still early in. That said, she is reasonably worse than most of the main roster girls.

I don't mind Brooke either. Maybe give her new moves or something, who knows. But she is clearly green.

I think some of us are probably getting a little used to these world class stars working down in NXT (and folks like Joe now coming in) that when someone sucks and is green they REALLY stand out.

Not sure how I feel about Crowe. I really liked his hacker gimmick when I saw him do it at a house show BEFORE his tv debut and it was pretty neat. No chance he is switchblade Crowe in WWE but if they give him his crazy edge and let him be a little rougher he could get over like he did with Ambrose in CZW and then his kinda toned down stuff in Evolve/PWG.

BLING!

CRAZY!

Can't spell today fellas, sorry.

Meltz called Dana Brook Hunters "bling spot."

She's no worse than main roster girls... But she looks horrible next to the work rate girls in NXT.

She is worse then a lot of the main roster girls, let's be real here. The Divas right now aren't bad as much as not given a legitimate shot (for the most part). We'd have loved a Paige/Nikki/Naomi/Natalya led division in the post Trish years.

Brooks is just very raw. Raw enough she shouldn't be on NXT because honest to god, she's more likely to not look bad on the main show right now.

• Like 1

There was no "actual bad wrestling" it was one run in spot after the match was over, and it wasn't even a botch at all. Stop embarrassing yourself.

One botch, and now it's flat out "bad wrestling". Also, is anyone even that high on Charlotte? She's like the 4th best NXT girl. 

You contrary POV guys really has become more annoying then the "hive mind" side. 

I'm sorry that both of you have a distaste for me that is preventing you from acknowledging that blown spots are badly performed wrestling moves and that Charlotte has received a lot of praise for her work.

I'm sorry that both of you have a distaste for me that is preventing you from acknowledging that blown spots are badly performed wrestling moves and that Charlotte has received a lot of praise for her work.

I have no thoughts about you at all other then I think you are trolling now. 

Also, I'm sorry you are failing to address any counter argument against you and instead just point out things to create an argument. So whatever, if I wanted to deal with flame baiting I'd go back to the board I was on when I was 16 before I was smart enough to call it when I see it.

I don't mind Brooke either. Maybe give her new moves or something, who knows. But she is clearly green.

I think some of us are probably getting a little used to these world class stars working down in NXT (and folks like Joe now coming in) that when someone sucks and is green they REALLY stand out.

I agree with all of this more or less. For someone with a power gimmick Brooke doesn't really do anything to show it off.

And people are definitely getting too used to high level workers in NXT. Its kind of HHH's fault as he keeps talking about making it a brand while also keeping it a developmental feeder for the main roster. It sort of confuses things.

And it is also confused since the top dudes are Indy darlings who have been killing it for years before WWE realized they were gonna need new folks.

Their home grown folks aren't really much to write home about.

And it is also confused since the top dudes are Indy darlings who have been killing it for years before WWE realized they were gonna need new folks.

I'd rather watch Sasha Banks and Tyler Breeze then any other female on the roster and anyone in NXT not named Zayn, Owens, and Joe. It's not that cut and dry.

Consensus around here is that Sasha Banks is far ahead of the other women as an overall package and that Charlotte still has awkwardness, gets lost when trying to lead someone less experienced or not as good as her, and has a couple spots that tend to look pretty poor (like that moonsault). I don't get that Charlotte is really highly-praised here.

Emma does definitely get more praise, but she's actually put out good work in the past and gets the benefit of the doubt, as someone said. Anyone who tries to point out that spot as people unfairly overlooking Emma's faults are using small sample size to paint Emma as just as worthy of criticism as Dana Brooke. If Brooke has at least one match as good as Paige/Emma Arrival (or at least anything nearing Emma's pretty good Superstars/Main Event output like her stuff against Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox), I bet people start to give her that same benefit of the doubt.

She is worse then a lot of the main roster girls, let's be real here. The Divas right now aren't bad as much as not given a legitimate shot (for the most part).

Normally I'd agree with this but after watching Elimination Chamber tonight I'm not so sure. That was a brutal match and everyone looked awful out there.

I'd rather watch Sasha Banks and Tyler Breeze then any other female on the roster and anyone in NXT not named Zayn, Owens, and Joe. It's not that cut and dry.

Can we really consider Breeze as "homegrown"? He was trained by Storm and worked for a few years before going into the system.

Can we really consider Breeze as "homegrown"? He was trained by Storm and worked for a few years before going into the system.

Sasha worked indies before her time in the E too, but I'd say the "Anti WWE stigma" only applies if we had heard of them before they signed with the company. Nobody had heard of either, so the "Indy bias" doesn't really make sense.

Also I make that statement just for Paige and co to stink up the joint.

They are promoting Brooke because of the WWE's association with the Arnold Classic, something that legitimizes what they do and means a lot to Triple H.

That's fine. I think she could use a lot of work. It doesn't make Triple H the devil and it doesn't downgrade what NXT is or does.

It's the WWE, they always have a muscle-y type that they are pushing before they are ready.

Relax. It's one segment on a weekly TV show. Hardly worth a few pages of arguing, speculation and insults on a message board.

• Like 4