DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe The Demon injured Itami and Finn Balor didn't know it.

I like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Itami didn't talk about who attacked him, did he? IIRC, he said that his surgery was successful and that's it. It would have been nice if they advanced the storyline.

Itami said he didn't know who attacked him.

The problem with Dana Brooke is that she goes against what NXT is about, in the fans' eyes, and is more of a throwback to how WWE and Vince did things.  She was hired and rushed to TV, most likely ahead of more talented people, specifically because she was muscular and the guy in charge liked her look.  That isn't supposed to happen in NXT.

Yes, it's developmental and she's there to learn.  But she needs many many more months in the Performance Center before she's ready for the show.

She's been under contract for almost two years and I don't think there was anyone in front of her left to call up.

The problem with Dana Brooke is that she goes against what NXT is about, in the fans' eyes, and is more of a throwback to how WWE and Vince did things.  She was hired and rushed to TV, most likely ahead of more talented people, specifically because she was muscular and the guy in charge liked her look.  That isn't supposed to happen in NXT.

Yes, it's developmental and she's there to learn.  But she needs many many more months in the Performance Center before she's ready for the show.

She's been under contract for almost two years and I don't think there was anyone in front of her left to call up.

Not saying she should just go to the front of the line, but they did just sign a former Shimmer main eventer and one of the best female wrestlers in all of Australia in Jessie McKay.

• Like 1

This.  Since being called up Paige has had to carry most people she was in the ring with (AJ being the only exception I can think of) and has been given next to nothing to build her character.  Aside from that aimless "frienemy" angle with AJ, she hasn't had anything to establish her personality and it's more of an indictment of the writers than her actual ability.

AJ was not good and now that she's gone it's time to acknowledge that she couldn't put together a 10-minute match without blowing a ton of spots.  She was a good bumper and made Kaitlyn's spear look like death. That was it.  Her offense was terrible. She was the female Dolph.

• Like 2

Yeah, AJ never did a thing for me as a wrestler. At least Dolph pulls out the occasional great performance like the match with Del Rio and Survivor Series.

Big Fresh you're being generous when you say Alexa was half dressed, and no her jumping on you would never be a bad thing.

So when Owens gets called up that makes Sasha the ace of NXT right? Joe just got there, and I don't know how many house shows he's working. Balor needs something other than bland dude with sub par mic skills that occasionally wears paints and wrestles decent to good matches to be an ace.

• Like 2

Yeah when he's healthy Sami's the ace. Has anyone heard how long he's supposed to be out? I really can't see him doing much more in NXT, but I do hope we get a Zayn/Joe match.

I've heard Austin Aries' TNA contract is up at the end of June. He's a guy I'd love to see come in and work with Balor.

Not saying she should just go to the front of the line, but they did just sign a former Shimmer main eventer and one of the best female wrestlers in all of Australia in Jessie McKay.

and Jessie worked the last NXT tapings, if I'm not mistaken.

Caught up.

Quite interesting how there are no less than six posts dedicated to trashing Dana Brooke after this show, and not a peep about how Charlotte and Emma botched a simple double-leg takedown. Looking forward to going against the general consensus on this one as well.

ETA: I hope we get much more of Owens heeling on the idiot crowd.

So what's the deal with Sasha Banks? Some are saying she has a shoulder injury and some say that she just didn't do the latest taping cause she went to the hospital with her boyfriend who got injured. I'm gonna lose my shit if it turns out she has the same injury as Itami and Zayn.

This is absolutely crushing news. Not the injury, finding out she has a boyfriend.

Not just a boyfriend, they are engaged.  And it's this guy:

Sarath_Ton.jpg

Mizaki. From the NE but now working a ton in Florida with Uproar/Ronin Pro Wrestling.

Nice dude and apparently can sew his butt off. Knew he was making things for  Banks and a few other WWE main roster folks. Is it a full time gig for him at WWE?

Caught up.

Quite interesting how there are no less than six posts dedicated to trashing Dana Brooke after this show, and not a peep about how Charlotte and Emma botched a simple double-leg takedown. Looking forward to going against the general consensus on this one as well.

Botching a single leg is one thing. Botching "being a lady wrestler" is another. Charlotte and Emma are good at 95% of the gig. Dana? Nope...

• Like 1

Caught up.

Welcome to the post work-rate revolution where portraying one's character is more important than hitting shit cleanly.

I'm just saying, I think some of the posters a little bit biased against her because of who she is, her being perceived as having Triple H's full support, and her looks, which have been mentioned repeatedly.

Maybe so, but she's also greener than grass and that's usually not how women show up on NXT. Carmella's about as green, but she's also not getting exposed like Dana is. Also, while Charlotte and Emma botched one spot in that match, they also each have at least one of the best matches that's happened in Full Sail NXT. There's more leeway there.

I'm just saying, I think some of the posters a little bit biased against her because of who she is, her being perceived as having Triple H's full support, and her looks, which have been mentioned repeatedly.

Kevin Owens seems top have Triple H's full support. Are we biased against him, too? How about we take people at face value and just assume that when someone offers the (highly controversial) opinion that Dana Brooke isn't a good wrestler right now, there isn't some weird ulterior motive behind that?

• Like 1

Did everyone forget just how green looking Charlotte was when she debuted? She was almost as bad as Dana (I think Charlotte had more training at that time). It was a small miracle how much she improved.

Dana has the tone but not the size to be a monster heel, she has potential to be a solid heel with emphasis on power moves.

There's two potentially great monster heels in NXT development I am looking forward to:

Dani Jackson

hYNFx6c.jpg

Lina Fanene

rjjx7F4.jpg

Kevin Owens seems top have Triple H's full support. Are we biased against him, too?

If Dana Brooke was an indy darling like Owens, we wouldn't be having this conversation. She's from the bodybuilding world and people in this thread have taken issue with her being "fast-tracked" and have suggested it's because Triple H is into "that kind of woman."

Kevin Owens seems top have Triple H's full support. Are we biased against him, too?

If Dana Brooke was an indy darling like Owens, we wouldn't be having this conversation. She's from the bodybuilding world and people in this thread have taken issue with her being "fast-tracked" and have suggested it's because Triple H is into "that kind of woman."

I, as one of the folks that takes issue with Dana, have no issue with her being a body builder or one of Hunter's chosen. I have issue with her being bad at wrestling. Simple as that with no ulterior motive. Yes, she is the Mojo Rawley of the NXT women's roster.