DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Jason Jordan's unfortunately destined to be the next Roman Reigns.  Guy with all the tools and an undeniable "it factor" whose push the nerds are going to shit on just because he's not Sami Zayn.

• Like 1

Jason Jordan has a lot of "can't coach" attributes, but he needs a lot of work. But if he ever gets the in-ring stuff figured out, he'll be something. He's the goods, but he's also a project.

The Fight Club/amateur stable they were running on house shows with Jordan, Chad Gable, and...that other dude might help. Pro "amateur" gimmicks get to be methodical and focus on fundamentals and get praised for their "raw tools," and any awkwardness becomes part of the gimmick.

I was just thinking Jordan reminded me a bit of Shelton Benjamin and that pairing he and Gable up as some WGTT/amateur gimmick would work well.  Hopefully they'll get a chance to develop it further.

Jason Jordan's unfortunately destined to be the next Roman Reigns. Guy with all the tools and an undeniable "it factor" whose push the nerds are going to shit on just because he's not Sami Zayn.

You mean Baron Corbin

• Like 1

I wonder if the Full Sail crowd aren't a bit spoiled as far as recent debuts. Itami, Bálor, Owens, Kalisto, etc were all relatively experienced when they started out in NXT. Does that make it harder for someone green like Jordan to get a reaction?

That's what I'm wondering....while it's great for all the indy favorites, what about the people who needs actual development?

I wonder if the Full Sail crowd aren't a bit spoiled as far as recent debuts. Itami, Bálor, Owens, Kalisto, etc were all relatively experienced when they started out in NXT. Does that make it harder for someone green like Jordan to get a reaction?

That's what I'm wondering....while it's great for all the indy favorites, what about the people who needs actual development?

If they get to work with or against these guys its should help even if they dont get much offence it would be better than working each other for most of there developmental stint.

Say what you want about Reigns, Even though I think he got called up way to quick, atleast he got experience working all the top guys on the main roster and catch on. not every one will get that chance. Heck we've even seen a few Divas from FCW develop into decent workers after getting called up.

If they have a gimmick, they'll be fine at Full Sail. Guys like Enzo, Big Cas, even Aiden English who might have some indie experience all got over. Jason Jordan is just boring as hell. He's got talent but he has the charisma of Dean Malenko.

Speaking of corbin, I saw him work Tyler Breeze tonight as a sorta heel and it was the best I've ever seen of him. He took pictures on Breeze's phone, gave some heckler a crotch chop and just beat the crap out of Breeze for like 10 minutes. He has a future as a heel. He should be the bodyguard of Chad Gable. I'm making a prediction that Gable will be more of a star than most in NXT on the main roster in a couple years. So good.

Yeah, I'm really interested in Gable. He looked bigger than what he's listed too on that one episode he appeared in. Maybe because the average height of NXT dudes is like 5'7"

Jason Jordan's unfortunately destined to be the next Roman Reigns. Guy with all the tools and an undeniable "it factor" whose push the nerds are going to shit on just because he's not Sami Zayn.

Hasnt Jordan been more or less enhancement talent for the better part of a year? He also lacks a gimmick. You can't blame a crowd for not caring about a guy they've been told not to care about.

1. The Deal with them being supportive to Corbin isn't them being supportive to Corbin. It's them being supportive to themselves. They like to be part of the act and the short matches let them count and they could get behind that.

2. They need to do that athletic stable but bring Kevin Sullivan in to coach them.

• Like 1

Hasnt Jordan been more or less enhancement talent for the better part of a year? He also lacks a gimmick. You can't blame a crowd for not caring about a guy they've been told not to care about.

Several guys have been enhancement before having their real debut, including Corbin, and that didn't stop them from getting over.

• Like 1

1. I think you may be partially correct here, but I also think Corbin is very much over with the crowd and would be on the main roster. The guy has incredible presence and paired with someone like Breeze who would do most of the talking while Corbin just smirks as an arrogant ass-kicker it could be tremendous. The eventual face turn which would occur after he really becomes able to nail it on promos and ups his game even more in longer matches (and make no mistake, he's a lot closer to being ready than we're being shown on weekly TV), the pops will be akin to when Buddy Rose turned face in Portland (you could hear them in Seattle). It's getting harder and harder to separate the pops a guy gets for being over from the chants and what-not that are just the crowd entertaining themselves. One more good reason to take NXT on the road more frequently, the Full Sail audience is not the WWE Universe and what may be over big-time with that crowd might be dead in the water on the main show. We've already seen that with Rose, Emma, and some others.

2. The trouble with real Olympic wrestling is that it's about as interesting as watching paint dry. The guys with great amateur backgrounds are usually far ahead of their contemporaries in terms of raw skill, but woefully behind in anything that requires showing a personality. I think you've nailed it with the idea of something like a new Varsity Club with Sullivan or someone similar as a mouthpiece and a real behind-the-scenes role of coaching promos. Otherwise, you have a stable of Lance Storm clones (and while I liked much of Lance's ringwork, I would run from the room anytime it appeared he was going to be handed a mic.)

I don't know that Kevin Sullivan is the right guy, he's getting a bit long in the tooth for his act (which always included the physical threat of him getting involved if the match spilled out of the ring, and I don't know that he could do that now.) But certainly someone like that would work very well indeed.

1. The Deal with them being supportive to Corbin isn't them being supportive to Corbin. It's them being supportive to themselves. They like to be part of the act and the short matches let them count and they could get behind that.

2. They need to do that athletic stable but bring Kevin Sullivan in to coach them.

Exactly.  I don't see Corbin having that level of support once he has to have competitive matches.

If they sign Samoa Joe, the first thing they should do is have him destroy Corbin in a post-match attack after Baron squashes a jobber. Then have Joe and Corbin feud in a series of competitive matches. That might accomplish a number of things: transition Corbin from quicky squashes to longer matches in a way that makes sense; cuts off the anti-Corbin backlash before it gets started by allowing him to be vulnerable; and gives Corbin a dance partner he can learn from.

Corbin just needs to show some progression. The squashes were fun for a while, but it's getting close to put up or shut up time for him. More talent is coming through the door everyday.

As for Jordan I'm sure he'd love to be the next Reigns. Headlining Mania probably isn't a bad gig.

I would have Jack Swagger & Zeb coach them. Swagger desperately needs some reinvention, Zeb can be a mouthpiece w/o doing a ton of travel with his knee and it makes the noobs credible. 

• Like 2

Several guys have been enhancement before having their real debut, including Corbin, and that didn't stop them from getting over.

That is a fair case with NXT for the past, but it might be different in the case of Jordan and Dillinger simply because they were portrayed as being slightly "above" enhancement talent. You had the normal NXT enhancement talent/Rosebuds, but then Jordan and Dillinger were recognized as a legitimate tag team unit, got a win or two every so often, had sporadic time to try and cut promos, and basically got enough time to make it clear they weren't Performance Center trainees doing roles as enhancement talent before they get to be in NXT's regular rotation...they were in NXT regular rotation as jobbers.

I'm talking about when Jordan gets called up to the main roster not right now and as is.  I don't see the Shoot Nation gimmick making it out of developmental and the team with Dillinger was probably just so he could learn while standing on the apron.  As much as people love NXT these days, the only real potential money guys I see coming down the pike are Jordan and Big Cass.

Some of the yaks could be money too but they've got completely different issues to overcome when they get called up.

And if they still used managers in a traditional manner, Enzo Amore could be the next Jimmy Hart instead of just comedy relief.

They obviously are high on Corbin, even though he needs work I feel like putting him in a bodyguard role would be a step back. I keep thinking that Braun Stowman should be Breeze's eventual bodyguard. Though he could also be a new Wyatt family member (they did run that "Monsters are real" trailer for him before he got injured). Plus, there's that other big guy in developmental (my mind is blanking on his name but he looks like a cross between Brock and Maurice Tillet, ie. terrifying)

Ah, I found him - Dylan Miley

Dylan-Miley.jpg