DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

It looks like they are also creating a house show on Friday during Wrestlemania weekend.    They haven't announced when the show is but I would be shocked if the show isn't running head to head with the EVOLVE show that night.  Which I have tickets for.  If I knew we were going to get a NXT show during the weekend I could have worked around it.   

EDIT:  Actually I think Ring of Honor Supercard of Honor is on Friday as well as EVOLVE

Did I, or did I not call this happening?

It looks like they are also creating a house show on Friday during Wrestlemania weekend.    They haven't announced when the show is but I would be shocked if the show isn't running head to head with the EVOLVE show that night.

Yes they have

They're saying 10pm, which I assume is Eastern time, so 7pm PT.

There is something very appealing that Enzo's entire offense is being thrown at people.

I think Riley actually looked pretty good for him.  That blockbuster was on point and hey the return of the moonlight drive. 

WWE NXT will invade the Northeast very, very soon.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that NXT has a hold with the 2300 (formerly ECW) Arena in Philadelphia, PA for two dates, Friday 5/15 and Saturday 5/16.

It would only be the second time WWE has run the legendary independent wrestling venue as the inaugural house show from WWE's 2006 revival of ECW was held there, headlined by Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle with Dean Malenko as the guest referee and Tommy Dreamer vs. The Big Show on top.

Around that same time period, WWE also looking into the idea of purchasing the historic venue with the idea of converting it into a permanent training center and home for the new ECW, although that idea never got past the initial talking stages.

The timing of the NXT shows would make the Arena the capital for professional wrestling that week as New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor are running the venue on Tuesday 5/12 and Wednesday 5/13. The Wednesday event is already sold out and the Tuesday event is well on it's way.

Triple H announced during a media conference call prior to the WWE NXT Takeover Rival special on the WWE Network that he intended to take NXT and make it a regular touring brand following it's incredible success with live events in Ohio that sold out almost immediately with no promotion beyond social media.

!!!

Imagine what WWECW could've been if they had bought the ECW Arena and turned it into a training facility and arena for the show. 

It could've been like NXT, except in 2006. 

According to PWInsider the deal isn't 100% done:

A few updates on WWE NXT potentially running the former ECW Arena in May:

As of this writing, the deal between the two sides had not been completed, so "officially" there are no shows yet.

I noted earlier today that there were holds on those dates for the venue, but like anything else, the holds could be moved to other dates, confirmed, or dropped altogether. Anyone stating we reported the dates as 100% confirmed would be incorrect.

One of the reasons WWE was looking at running in the Northeast that weekend is they have the Payback PPV in Maryland the same time period.

So, stay tuned.

Oherwise NXT tickets can be bought here: http://nxttickets.ticketforce.com/

Edited by The Z

I've been trying to get my friends into NXT. And the the thing that finally did it? Enzo and Cass. They barely even cared about how they wrestled, they just wanted to see them win. The pre-match schpiel is infectious. Maybe being the new New Age Outlaws isn't so bad a gig.

Update!: Since we're Canucks, they were also in to Owens and his vaguely French Canadian accent.

I think one of the fun things about Enzo and Cass is watching them get the in ring stuff together.

I said on another forum Enzo could be the next generations babyface Bobby Heenan. Which lead to a discussion on a re-creation of the 92 Rumble with Enzo in the announce both cheering Big Cass on to victory would be awesome

I'm a little sad that Alexa has debuted more of an edge -- my hopes for a World's Sparkliest Tag Team with Bayley are dashed. I also feel like she should have saved the Sparkle Splash for a harder-fought match with Sasha... oh well.

Bayley herself has developed a slight edge now, and Bliss always came across as a bit fake with the super smiley nice girl gimmick.

I've been trying to get my friends into NXT. And the the thing that finally did it? Enzo and Cass. They barely even cared about how they wrestled, they just wanted to see them win. The pre-match schpiel is infectious. Maybe being the new New Age Outlaws isn't so bad a gig.

Not at all. Unless you're immediately fed to the actual New Age Outlaws and made to look like a couple of wannabe doofuses as soon as you're called up. Which is just as likely to happen as anything else, given the main show's crack writing staff.

I decided to put this here since this is were she is going

Apparently the WWE signed KC Cassidy

An Aussie trained by Lance Storm and Taylor Wilde

They also signed Jasmin Areebi yesterday.

Trusting Diva Dirt - they are the first female signings since Becky Lynch

Cass and Enzo were way the fuck over. The main roster tag scene is such shit I'd have a hard time not bringing them up before the end of the year. Sasha did some great heel work despite most fans wanting to cheer her for being awesome. Too bad the fans didn't get behind Riley. I don't know how much of the build they had seen before that match took place. Breeze/Kalisto was a good match, and Breeze continues to impress. Also a good showing for Kalisto.

Best part of the whole show was Owens getting a stomp in on Riley as he was running from Balor lol.

I decided to put this here since this is were she is going

They also signed Jasmin Areebi yesterday.

She's worked several Girls Night Out show for AIW as well as some main shows for them. She also teamed with Alexa Nicole as Barely Legal since both wrestlers are under 21 years old but look younger then that. She's pretty good for being so young.