DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

You think they could get the entire Philly crowd to chant "Bull"

They already were Bull....they just added a little bit more to it. 

Maybe it's a good idea he wasn't there...if he thought it was a command to do so, it could've been a messy ring

With the guys, it's mostly lack of size.  I read speculation about putting NXT guys in the Rumble and I thought that was the WORST possible place to debut somebody (other than maybe Baron Corbin).  At least Rusev fit last year since he was a big powerhouse who could conceivably throw people around in that format.

Bo Dallas made his main roster debut at the Rumble the year before and I thought it was very well done, but of course it all went to hell in about a week.

Even though I said I'm done with this topic, I have to make an exception BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Does anyone know how to get tickets for NXT live?

I have a place to stay near Orlando and am really tempted to go down to see Takeover live. If not that, then I would go to a taping.

Man, was I hyped for Blake/Murphy winning the tag belts! Match was okay, but I did really enjoy the ending sequence quite a bit.

Tyson Kidd's shirt is the rare non-crappy looking wrestling shirt. I would buy and wear it. Weird note about Neville; his little ritual when he's waiting in the corner to start the match where he stretches in both directions, pops his mouthpiece in, and does a lunge, comes off as really intense to me and really works for establishing his character in a way that nothing else has, at least in my view. Typical good match from these two. 

Bayley seeing Sami Zayn get successful after becoming less nice and changing her behavior too, but not quite going about it the same way, was great.

Tag match was fine. Charlotte throws a shitty chop, though. 

Corbin/Dempsey was what it was. End of Days looks great on Dempsey. I wish they hadn't had him come up after the match and cut in on Corbin's interview to tell him that things weren't over between them as it telegraphed the end of Neville/Corbin too much. Before that interview, I was thinking they might just have Corbin win number-one contendership. 

Regal lampshading typical contract signing tropes was funny. I am rooting for Zayn, but I have to admit that even though Owens is a bad guy, I respect his "do whatever I have to in order to get that money for my family" logic. He comes off as a working-class guy, so it's more admirable than prickish. 

Zayn is giving the best pure babyface  promos in forever. I like how this feud is shaping up. Kidd/Neville was really good Tyson's heel work is on another level.

That brief mic work from Corbin wasn't the greatest. Charlotte continues to be the most unlikeable person in NXT. Bayley seemed a little off, but I like her looking to Zayn as an inspiration to get more aggressive.

I get that Corbin needs to get a win in the tourney, but I don't think Bull jobbing (not just losing) back-to-back makes Bull look like a wimp.

Love the tittle change, one of the few faults of NXT is there's little feel that "anything can happen" in tittle matches. This let's the audience know that NXT has no problem having champs lose outside of ending long-term storylines.

Itami/Balor should be fantastic. It looks like it'll be Balor/Neville in the final. Can't see Bull letting Corbin getting a chance to shine. (Not looking at spoilers, so those who have, shhhhhhhh.)

I still can't believe how easy this show just moves along from one storyline to the next. A few people might get a week or two where they aren't doing something, but soon enough, there's something to do. The great thing about the Zayn/Owens story is it could go on as long as they want it to, really. With the title on the line, you gotta think Owens is gonna win, but they might also do the DQ finish and then set up the next match with a stipulation.

Charlotte seems like she's trying different combinations of signature moves to see what works best, which makes it clunky when it doesn't work out that well. I think Sasha's gonna get herself a flash pin, win the belt and it'll be Charlotte and Bayley squaring off because Bayley cost her the title somehow.

Murphy and Blake need a tag name pronto. Can't tell them apart except for when they talk. Need some type of Aussie/US combo. I bet they have some fun stuff with the Lucha Dragons in their rematch.

Again, you can see things coming, they're obvious as all hell, but they get you tuning in the next week or the next two weeks to see what happens. You're interested in what happens next. Pretty amazing that they haven't really skipped a beat for almost three straight years, now. They know what they're doing.

Soooooo pumped for the Solomon Crowe hacker gimmick finally happening. I wonder if it'll be revealed he was the dude in the rafters (Crowe's nest?) of the Tyler Breeze mach a few weeks ago?

Excited for Blake & Murphy to get an opportunity too... now I just need them versus the Mechanics.

Just finished watching yesterday's show. Kidd/Neville was good stuff. Charlotte was terrible in the backstage segment, bad lines and poor delivery. I actually thought the women's tag was solid until the finish which just wasn't executed well. The contract signing between Zayn and Owens was great. I really love what they are doing with Owens' character at the moment. I think he walks out champion, especially with the current tournament clearly ending with a face victor.

Not sure why, but this was the show that sold be on Baron Corbin. I wish he had better taste in tattoos but other than that I think he has a lot of potential. He threw Bull in the End of Days like nobody's business and that's no mean feat. I think it was Bray Wyatt on Austin's podcast that said the test of a good finisher was that you could hit it on Big Show. I don't know if Corbin could do that, but Bull was still impressive.

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards Corbin now too. He's raw, but he definitely has a lot of "presence" as the announcers like to say. Don't get me wrong, I love all my indy workrate guys, but Corbin has a look and moveset that really stands out on this show. I liked his Kane-style flip over the ropes into a punch. Perfect little touch to show he's not an immobile hack, but his main style is still brawling. I think seeing the smaller guys flop around for his kicks and punches would add some good variety to the big matches in NXT. Neville should do this quite well next week. I kinda want to see Baron get to the finals, but you certainly can't go wrong with Neville vs. either Itami or Balor.

I liked Blake and Murphy's new entrance, but I agree they need a team name and something to help differentiate the two in the ring. Something's wrong when it feels like an American and Australian are working a "brothers" gimmick. They seem decent enough in the ring, it'll be interesting to see what they can do with the gold.

I loved the contract signing because it was exactly what I said should happen last week. Predictable isn't always bad if the story and execution are good. I'm not sure how legally binding a contract that has some words scribbled out and new ones written above them is, but I guess wrestling contracts are not noted for their realism.

Also, how sad is it that Tom Phillips is a huge upgrade over Rich Brennan? God, I hope Brennan never comes back.