DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Is Redemption available anywhere?  Last I saw it wasn't on Hulu, definitely not on the Network. Could definitly go for that again.  Between Curtis and Maxine (damn, was she hot) to the wacky as hell stories to Regal quoting music lyrics for no reason, it was ridiculously entertaining.  They even opened the show in the style of "Glee", clearly not giving any fucks.  I loved it.

It's up on Hulu Plus as Season 5 of NXT.

From what I can see, *every* episode of NXT 1-Redemption is on YouTube via WWE.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more that Itami should be using the G2S. He's tried a couple different finishers now, and the crowd doesn't react to any of them. His new spin kick thing has the added problem of taking forever to set up. Axel was as bad as expected, guy just has zero personality. Mark Henry was rolling over in his grave with that weak trash talk game.

Chad Gable looked good. Already showed more than similarly positioned guys like Dillinger, Jordan, and Dawkins. He needs to get his own gear instead of raiding Kurt Angle's TNA locker, though.

Tyler Breeze is in a bad spot right now. He's got some talent and a great character, but there's no justification for pushing him over Zayn, Neville, Owens, Balor, or Itami. His character has probably gone as far it can on this show, and it seems like his ceiling is now the upper midcard gatekeeper, where he doesn't even compare to Tyson Kidd that favorably to be honest. Tough to imagine he'd gain any traction on the main roster, though. A feud with Marcus Louis can't be good for anyone. I can totally see Breeze getting lost in the fold this year.

I'm continually amazed at how much NXT's show gets in with just the one hour they have.  They're even better than ROH's weekly show as far as time management with the maximum amount of content goes.

I'd never heard of Chad Gable before and figured he would be just another NXT jobber, but he looked really good and managed to showcase a decent amount of skills despite clearly being in an enhancement role.

Breeze's Rick Martel gimmick isn't all that original, but he really owns it.  Character wise, he has a better chance than most in NXT for having his schtick translate well if he got called up.  He desperately needs a new finisher though.  That weak looking leg lariat isn't convincing at all.

Hasn't he teased the GTS on numerous occasions now? I have no doubt he'll use it, probably on the next special or even drag it out until he wins a title. His spinning kick thing is fine until then.

No, it's not. It looks awful and completely deflates the crowd at a point they should be celebrating with him.

I have no interest in a Breeze vs bald dude from that team who's name I can't remember feud. I could see Breeze teaming up with Bull in a beauty and the beast style team. It would be pretty amusing, and give LD and Itami and Balor a solid heel team to work.

Ive said it since Itami debuted - Poison Mist. If he is going yo use the GTS that's fine. Let Balor use the mist with his face paint gimmick.

The mist would get over huge in NXT.

Im totally fine with Breeze using the Beauty Shot. It looks clean, he can hit it from multiple spots and it has been sold like death so far.

If Cena and Hogan can dominate for decades with a fireman carry and a leg drop then the Beauty Shot is more than enough.

• Like 1

I speedwatched most of NXT Season 1 over the last couple of days. It was surprisingly fun. Big surprise for me were how great Otunga was - he really needed another 6-12 months in FCW to learn to work but they really missed something there with him; I believe he's back on live shows now and I'll be curious to see him. Work generally was clunky from all, but there was an element of unpredictability in the matches at times which was a change of pace. Heath Slater trying to be a babyface is pretty funny. You also see the beginnings of Punk's pipebomb character, plus his issues with Darren Young's 'lifestyle' have an amusing retrospective subtext. Michael Cole is actually quite relaxed and funny here, the heel turn begins but doesn't fully complete. Striker wears some really awful clothes (the DB waistcoat with the notch lapel in particular), and is by far the most annoying guy on the show. YEP YEP YEP, WHAT IT DO?!

Another really good show. Finn/Kidd was solid. Charlotte was really off in that tag. Sasha's post match trolling was great, and I'd really like a Sasha/Nattie match in NXT.

Zayn was bumping like a madman on those frankensteiners, and the call back to Neville's playing possum spot was great. I could watch these two wrestle each other every week. Neville's pretty much done it all in NXT at this point. I guess he puts over Balor on the way out. I like how the crowd went silent before starting to boo Owens almost like they were dreading what he was about to do to Sami.

FINN BALOR vs. TYSON KIDD -- This was a really good, tight match. But my general complaint about Finn remains. Yes, this stuff was executed amazingly well. But Tyson was the guy who brought the fun to the match -- ASK HIM IN GAELIC! Other than the times he'll wear the face paint (which, yes, should be saved only for huge shows)... Who is Finn Balor? Why should I care about him? Yes, I know his credentials -- international superstar, impressive star to his NXT/WWE career, etc. But other than that, he's a dude who likes to squat in weird positions while some sort of John Tesh-ish music plays in the background. Tyson Kidd's just as good in terms of execution, but infinitely more entertaining. (And so is Sami. And Neville. And Tyler Breeze. And a ton more.)

There's definitely a place in wrestling for guys who are just great wrestlers. I get that. You need those dudes. But this guy's just not FUN yet.

BARON CORBIN VS. BULL DEMPSEY -- I really liked Bull's simple cocksure before the match. This was a pretty good match between two green dudes. I liked the story -- the aggressive Bull had Corbin on the ropes... but Corbin's finisher is just unreal. He can swing ANYONE with that thing. I love that dude.

TEAM BAE vs. SECOND GENERATION HEARTTHROBS (the name I just gave them!) -- Nattie looks like she just came from the gym. Like she was doing some core work and was reminded she had this match. Charlotte/Nattie's attempt at that Lucha Dragons move was really bad looking. The whole match is off. This, actually, is the worst NXT Woman's match I can remember seeing. Yet it's still really watchable, with Sasha getting the pin. They told a story -- the execution was off, but I applaud the story. Sasha's gloating after was awesome. "Did you call your daddy?"

ADRIAN NEVILLE VS. SAMI ZAYN -- Man, Adrian Neville really doesn't get the credit he should. Is he the best athlete in pro wrestling? The dude looks like he's straight off the cover of one of the potentially soiled bodybuilding magazines in HHH's desk drawer and is also an incredible aerialist. It's such a weird juxtaposition to see. I know everyone has a fear about this "Mighty Mouse" talk with him wearing some cape or what have you. But he really could be a new age Rey Mysterio.

I also love his gameplan in this match. He and Sami could not possibly know each other more. So now he's breaking outhurucanrana variations -- they are completely insane.

But the best -- BEST -- "I know you..." spot is Neville's kick after the corner DDT moe. Oh my god. The final stretch after this is absolute scintillating and breathtaking.

This was a great match. It's not as good as R Evolution -- with the drama of Sami's chase and how no one knew how it was going to end -- but it's still wonderful and I think the best match of 2015 so far.

I love the reaction when Kevin Owens comes out. It's a silence of fear and worry. A+.