DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: GO SHIOZAKI

RIPPA

I was bummed by the passing of Stuart Scott on Sunday.  If you are going to tell me that Shiozaki died too, I may as well go into the office bathroom and pour myself a cupful of Draino.

I was bummed by the passing of Stuart Scott on Sunday.  If you are going to tell me that Shiozaki died too, I may as well go into the office bathroom and pour myself a cupful of Draino.

No No - Go just won the Triple Crown

Which would be news in a different time

No No - Go just won the Triple Crown

Which would be news in a different time

I am still happy for Shiozaki winning the TC even if the roster really is thin these days.

I'm trying to think of this fantastic tag match in 2013 Go was in. It was early in the year. From either January to March. Not sure. 

I think it was him and Jun Akiyama teaming up. Wish I knew. Would like to see that match again.

Pretty sure I tuned out of All Japan shortly after Go unsuccessfully challenged for the TC some time in 2013. Gonna check out the title win though.

I haven't watched a Go match in forever, started to think of one, and the only thing that can come to mind is the last tag match with Misawa where they won the GHC tag championship. Not going to go looking for matches after remembering that. 

Good on him for winning the Crown, but when it isn't even posted about in Purotopia...

Good on him for winning the Crown, but when it isn't even posted about in Purotopia...

as of this morning the Pro Wrestling Database still listed Doering as the champ.

That is why it was so odd when I saw the news via Go's wiki page.

I goo

as of this morning the Pro Wrestling Database still listed Doering as the champ.

That is why it was so odd when I saw the news via Go's wiki page.

I googled Go this morning after J.T. asked if he died.  No hits came back, so I'm guessing it's not a big deal even in Japan?  

I only figured out he won the TC because I headed over to Purolove and read results to see if AJ had a show this weekend.

Go seems like a guy who should be a big deal, but being the ace-in-waiting of NOAH and post-Mutoh All Japan just isn't worth much.