DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

NFL head booker Roger "Dusty" Goodell gives Detroit fans their vicarious revenge by having Dallas, in turn, lose on a terrible officiating call, yet also sticks it to Lions fans by using the one particular bad call they can never enjoy seeing happening to anyone.

Cruelly Brilliant.

And gives the win to a Detroit divisional rival in the process.

I could deal with the occasional bad call.  But no one even understands the rules anymore. And damned if anyone can get within a mile of explaining them.  The NFL literally has a rule book that makes zero sense.

And it so often seems to be not a bug, but a feature.  Dusty Finishes, all day long.  By Design.

The Tuck Rule and Complete The Process are bad enough on their own.  But once they come up and show to be flawed rules that generate controversy, they are.... not changed or gotten rid of at all.  They're kept around, able to strike again.

So the controversy is the goal?  "No bad publicity", etc.

NFL head booker Roger "Dusty" Goodell gives Detroit fans their vicarious revenge by having Dallas, in turn, lose on a terrible officiating call, yet also sticks it to Lions fans by using the one particular bad call they can never enjoy seeing happening to anyone.

Cruelly Brilliant.

And gives the win to a Detroit divisional rival in the process.

Tim Horner always put up great fights, but there is no way you could actually have him win.

I didn't care either way about this game. I thought the reversal was 100% correct and very obvious. The rule is if you go to the ground before a football move, you have to maintain control of the ball all the way through. Dez didn't do that. Ball hit the ground, started moving around, then he let go of it and grabbed it again. Easy overturn.

Megatron caught the ball, went to the ground, stood up still holding the ball in one hand, then intentionally let go of it. They blew that call big time.

So the worst rule in the NFL (other than letting teams kneel out 2 whole fucking minutes) finally bit a big team in the ass.

Well, hopefully some good comes from it and we return to sane, actual football rules on this front then.

Ref made the right call, but the rule is broken beyond belief.

I didn't care either way about this game. I thought the reversal was 100% correct and very obvious. The rule is if you go to the ground before a football move, you have to maintain control of the ball all the way through. Dez didn't do that. Ball hit the ground, started moving around, then he let go of it and grabbed it again. Easy overturn.

Megatron caught the ball, went to the ground, stood up still holding the ball in one hand, then intentionally let go of it. They blew that call big time.

I don't understand how bringing it into his chest before reaching it forward, taking multiple steps in the process, isn't a football move.

I don't understand how bringing it into his chest before reaching it forward, taking multiple steps in the process, isn't a football move.
Football move can't be just momentum carrying you forward. Really, all he did was fall forward.

Football move can't be just momentum carrying you forward. Really, all he did was fall forward.

But he controlled the ball before stretching it out. That's possession. At any other level of football, that's a catch.

He took two steps before going down! Holy heck, I can't believe I'm arguing against this call.

So the worst rule in the NFL (other than letting teams kneel out 2 whole fucking minutes) finally bit a big team in the ass.

Well, hopefully some good comes from it and we return to sane, actual football rules on this front then.

Ref made the right call, but the rule is broken beyond belief.

Dusty_Rhodes-1.jpg

"Next week, baby, on the Pay Per View!  We've fixed the rules to ensure there'll be no controversy!  We'll have a clean winner at last!  There will be NO TIME LIMITS.  NO DISQUALIFICATIONS.  NO "COMPLETING THE PROCESS" And no outside interference IF YOU WEEEEEEEEL, cus the steel cage will keep da Horsemen from runnin to the rescue!  I promise!"

Meanwhile, Tully Blanchard has bolt cutters and Ole is already camping out under the ring.

Colts/Packers Super Bowl would be best possible scenario for me, as a Packers fan living in Indiana. Would be a lot of fun for my friends & I to go at it, as most of them are Colts fans.

Which of course means it'll be New England/Denver and Seattle.

WWE totally needs to do a spot where a tag team championship title change is overturned because the faces did not complete the process of grabbing the tag rope thus the guy who scored the winning fall was never legally tagged in and thus the pin doesn't count.