DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Is Al Michaels drunk? First he says "The Ravens had no intention of going for it on 4th down" after they call a time out when the only logical reason to call a time out there is because you're going for it - otherwise you take the delay penalty to give your punter more room. Then he evidently missed Smith actually making the catch on the 4th down PI play because he didn't acknowledge it at all. When he threw it to commercial just now he's STILL saying "The Ravens got the call on 4th on down" - HE MADE THE CATCH.

Is Al Michaels drunk? First he says "The Ravens had no intention of going for it on 4th down" after they call a time out when the only logical reason to call a time out there is because you're going for it - otherwise you take the delay penalty to give your punter more room. Then he evidently missed Smith actually making the catch on the 4th down PI play because he didn't acknowledge it at all. When he threw it to commercial just now he's STILL saying "The Ravens got the call on 4th on down" - HE MADE THE CATCH.

As a Steelers fan, I have to assume you are pro-New England this game?  But holy shit, if I was you I'd rather see the stadium implode.

SO we do call unsportsmanlike conduct on coaches but not gloryboy hair model QBs? Good to know.

Collinsworth: He's no Dez Bryant.

Michaels: But they didn't call anything on Dez Bryant.

Collinsworth: Exactly.

Michaels: It's at the discretion of the refs I guess.

• Like 1

Refs now consider spinning the ball taunting...when you get down to the Patriots 1-yard line.

If you spin it in the face of someone, yah.. that's always been the case.

He spun it and it just happened to go in the direction of the dude.  

Refs must have the over.

Huh...never knew you c

Refs now consider spinning the ball taunting...when you get down to the Patriots 1-yard line.

If you spin it in the face of someone, yah.. that's always been the case.

He spun it and it just happened to go in the direction of the dude.  

Refs must have the over.

It's happened multiple times in the regular season with Santana Moss.  And he plays for the horrible Skins.