DVDVR Message Board

BTW 8/10/13 with Ric Flair

Ric Flair and Terry Funk are to be in Altoona, PA this Saturday with Big Time Wrestling. I'll be there for autographs and photos with the Nature Boy. I think Matt Hardy was added, also Mickie James, Shane Douglas, Carlito Cool among the othern name wrestlers.

Could have sworn I saw a couple of last-minute cancellations/pullouts from Flair this year. Nothing drastic but enough to where I want to double check before I buy any Photo Ops, etc with him.

But I totally agree on Funk.

Flair was there and he apologized for missing his date in Altoona this March. Wasn't that around when his son died?

Funk was the special enforcer at ringside for the steel cage main even between Shane Douglas and Flex Armstrong. Not a bad cage match. Funk slammed the door in Douglas' face, then after the match got inside and ran Douglas into the cage.

I gave Funk a set of dvds I made of his tag matches with Dory in All Japan. Nice to meet him and Flair, of course really no chance at a conversation but got my picture and autograph.

Chris Masters vs. Carlito Colon was alright too. Matt Hardy wrestled someone on the BTW roster. The only guy I knew was Slyk Wagner Brown.

Also Mickie James vs. Reby Sky vs. Jessie Belle Smothers.

Doors didn't open on time yesterday either. It was around 5:30. The wrestling show was at least 4 hrs long thanks to intermission with in-ring photos with Funk & Mickie, then Hardy does pix while they were trying to setup the cage.

Home from a fun show. No cage today for the main event, which was Shane Douglas vs. Matt Hardy in an Extreme Rules match with Funk as Special Guest Enforcer. Probably had 400-500 people there.

An incredible honor to meet Terry Funk. Seeing him walk out to "Desperado" still chill-inducing 15 years later.

Mickie James and Reby Sky had a fun match which Virgil (who was unadvertised) somehow weaseled his way into being the Guest Ring Announcer for. Carlito and Chris Masters looked like they were chain-smoking outside the building before their bout which I found hilarious.

Douglas cut a nice babyface promo in his hometown before the match, mentioning his late fellow Triple Threat members Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido which drew a big pop from the crowd.