DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a ROH question per se but it makes the most sense here.

Any of our fine UK folks going to the Supershows of Honor?

Dave Mastiff vs. Silas Young sounds fun. Dave Mastiff vs. Adam Cole... is a match. Dave Mastiff vs. Rodrick Strong is... well that could really help me pimp Mastiff for March Madness

And I might be the only person who would want to see Doug Williams vs. Jay Lethal

HOLY SHIT! WHY DID NONE OF YOU TELL ME ABOUT TEAM SINGLE VS REDRAGON?!?!?!?!

The Silas/Boys vignette to open the show this week was laugh-out-loud funny. Imagine being a non-wrestling fan driving by on the Interstate and seeing that.

I enjoyed most of it (It's what should have been happening from the start, instead of the weird "We're gonna make the boys wrestle" thing they were doing) except for Silas terrible mugging for the camera after he said "I said jack this thing UP" *SMIRK* and also the good ol' fashioned pro wrestling notion that because the boys are ostensibly gay, they are also women who use the women's rest-room.  I really loved the Beer City Brawler's frog splash, btw.

Hate, hate, hated that main event.  Way too much schtick for my liking, and I'm a guy who likes his schtick.  Also, still baffled that ROH routinely still books its wrestlers to strike or otherwise beat up non-wrestling women in 2015.

Short Version - ROH done with DA. Will air on COMET and the ROH website

Long Version

Ring of Honor to air nationally on COMET starting December 2nd

#WatchROH every Wednesday at MIDNIGHT EST/11pm CST on COMET

(BALTIMORE, MD) – Ring of Honor (“ROH”) is proud to announce that beginning December 2nd, ROH will air its weekly television program nationally on the COMET television channel. Fans will be able to #WatchROH every Wednesday night at midnight for the latest Ring of Honor action.

“Ring of Honor has been enjoying tremendous growth and expansion across the broadcast space, including new local TV deals in strategic markets, and even internationally with L'Equipe 21 in France,” said Ring of Honor COO, Joe Koff. “As we continue to push for greater domestic and international distribution, Ring of Honor truly showcases itself as world-class wrestling. Having Ring of Honor on COMET, in addition to the availability in Sinclair markets and independent agreements, means fans across the United States can continue to enjoy ROH television weekly.”

Ring of Honor’s weekly episodes recently enjoyed great success on Destination America, peaking at 227,000 viewers on a single television airing. ROH’s 26-week deal signed in May 2015 with Destination America is set to expire, which will see ROH’s final episode air on the channel on November 25th, 2015.

Sinclair Television Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair”), and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (“MGM”), recently announced that COMET, the first-ever 24 hour/7 day per week science fiction multi-channel network, which will feature more than 1,500 hours of premium MGM content, would premiere in over 60% of the country and over 65 million homes on October 31st of this year. The network will debut in all top markets including New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston, MA; Pittsburgh, PA and Houston, TX. In addition to the Sinclair owned television stations, COMET will also launch on a number of Tribune and Titan stations. 

Fans can also watch Ring of Honor content on http://rohwrestling.com. To find out where Ring of Honor Wrestling airs in your area click here. Fans can also follow Ring of Honor’s social media channels for even more content and news, including Facebook (http://facebook.com/ringofhonor), Twitter (http://twitter.com/ringofhonor), Instagram (http://instagram.com/ringofhonor), and YouTube (http://youtube.com/ringofhonor). 

About Ring of Honor Wrestling: Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Ring of Honor is a professional wresting company which produces weekly, original 1-hour television wrestling programs and is the only wresting promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV. Ring of Honor is also syndicated on select TV stations and regional Cable Systems. For further information on Ring of Honor visit www.rohwrestling.com. 

About Sinclair: Sinclair is the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country with 164 television stations it owns, operates, and/or provides services to in 79 markets broadcasting 384 channels and affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair is the leading local news provider in the country, as well as a producer of sports content. Sinclair’s broadcast content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms.  The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.

I mean its great for cord cutters... and I guess anyone who was already in a Sinclair market

But yeah - it's back to the once every three weeks that our local affiliate decides to air it

MTV?

CMT?

Did CMT ever have wrestling beyond that stupid Hogan reality show?

I'll give you MTV though. The Rock and Wrestling Connection seemed to come to a quick end.

MTV used to also air Sunday Night Heat. Wrestling Society X was also on MTV.

I mean its great for cord cutters... and I guess anyone who was already in a Sinclair market

But yeah - it's back to the once every three weeks that our local affiliate decides to air it

That's not true for us - we get it on Channel 7 on Saturday nights at 1 am. Delayed because of college football, but still.