DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

Kazarian and Sabin should adopt wearing military jackets during their entrance. Daniels still has to be the leader because he's the general. Kazarian should First Lieutenant and Sabin should be a Private. 

Would this be a modern remake of the Memphis Blond Bombers?

Having never seen the Memphis Blonde Bombers, I guess I'll say sure. Which Blonde Bombers are you refering to, Larry Latham and a pre Honky Tonk Man, Wayne Ferris or Stan Lane and Bryon St. John? Were the characters essentially the same, just different incarnations of the team?

Super disappointed in the Silas Young and the Boys stuff.  We fantasy booked lots of fun stuff on here and the best ROH can come up with is to have Young and the Beer City Brawler beat up the Boys in the middle of the ring?!  And Castle is nowhere to be found.  Right now it's playing like someone got ticked off that Castle got over as huge as he did as quickly as he did and this is some WWE-style cut his legs out from under him booking.

ACH-Sydal is all right, but it seems really silly to have a Best of 5 series and have every single match end with the other's signature top rope finisher.

Lethal-Watanabe was exactly what you would expect out of a match-up of those two.

• 2 weeks later...

Contentious Statement: I can't take Jay Lethal seriously at all, given his history as "Black Machismo."

To me it would be like if WCW had made Terry Taylor World Champion in 1991 after the Red Rooster gimmick.

See, my problem with Lethal is his shitty finisher.

Contentious Statement: I can't take Jay Lethal seriously at all, given his history as "Black Machismo."

I kinda agree.  Out of curiosity, does his run as Special K member Hydro help or hurt his cause?

Lethal has come a long way the past few years, but I still don't buy him in the ace/main event role.  And I like Lethal just fine.  Some guys just don't have the presence to pull off main-eventer status (*cough* Xavier *cough cough*).  I feel the same about serious heel Eric Young,  I

Lethal's come a long way

I don't think Lethal's run as Hydro in Special K hurts or helps his cause. It was 12 years ago and he's come a long way. I like Lethal more a face. He's just one of those guys that's a natural babyface. I also hate the Lethal Injection. The setup totally ruins it for me. I wish he would just use the flying elbow as his finish.

Another problem with Lethal is the fact that they saddled fucking Truth Martini as his manager.

Martini is a guy who should probably be a bottom of the card "jobber manager" ala Damian Kane in ECW circa 1996.  

Him managing the "World" champion/company ace is the equivalent of if Donnie B. had scored a WWE contract and become the manager of Brock Lesnar, rather than Heyman.

• Like 2

Re: last night's tv, Moose vs. Dijak was a fun little spotfest, although Dijak needs to never do another Asai moonsault.    Serious Dalton Castle was a nice change of pace.  I hope he wrestles Cesaro someday.  The main was pretty good considering that I'm not a big fan of anyone involved.  Credit where it's due: Elgin's double powerslam on Taven and Bennett was very nice.