DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

No ROH on NESN this week as they are showing what I think is the final ever PawSox home game (team is moving to Providence IIRC so it's a Tidewater to Norfolk move).

When I get my money mark fed going, my top heel stable is going to be called "THESE Fucking Guys"

I am also very ready for my money mark fed to crash and burn very quickly

Depending on what kind of direction you want your fed to take, you can also go with THOSE People or YOU People. You can get some SMW Gangstas level heat there. 

I really don't get Christopher Daniels "ring general" gimmick.  Like, he just wears a military jacket to the ring and walks with his hands behind his back.  There is no more thought to it than that.  I thought the disrespectful vet thing he was doing as half of The Addiction was fine, like the most entertaining he's been as Christopher Daniels in his career.  But now that one of them dresses like he found a military jacket at a thrift store, it muddles the whole gimmick and is just lame.  

The match with the Bucks was pretty fun for a Bucks match.  The interference was really dumb, though, why would whatever Bennett's group is called (Too many groups!) care whether or not the Bucks or Addiction won, since they face whoever the winners are.

Nigel coming out post-match is one of those wrestling commissioner angles everybody does that always fall flat.  When your (face) commissioner/matchmaker whatever comes out and says "This isn't going to happen on my watch!" to big cheers, then makes a future match for another event always kills the crowd because they want to see what they paid for, not what someone in San Antonio is going to pay for.  I don't know why all wrestling feds seem to do this: "This isn't going to happen on my watch!" (CHEERS) "You are going to have to put the titles on the line again!" (CHEERS) "Now when should we do it?!" ("NOW!") "Well, no, not now, but in three weeks in San Antonio!" (BOO).  So stupid.

Lethal-Strong didn't really do anything for me.  I might have fallen asleep, but it felt like the ending just came really quickly, especially in light of them just going 60 minutes a little while back.  Also, it's kinda dumb to have two title matches on the same show where the ref throws out the second in one title match (Sabin in the tag match) but lets three people accompany and interfere in another match later on the same show (Truth, Dijak and Diesel in the World Title match).

Can't argue with anything you said about Daniels, but I do prefer him wrestling in a singlet instead of those weird bell-bottoms.

Lol, I was just thinking last night that Daniels looks odd in a singlet.  I prefer the pants, personally.

Of course, what really bugs the Addiction these days (aside from the inferior name change) is their indytastic finisher.  Celebrity Rehab is soooooo contrived.

Speaking of bad team names... if Maria is in fact the brains of the operation, why are they called "The Kingdom?"

You raise a valid point, however I still like it as a faction name. At least their spike piledriver, the Hail Mary is an homage to Maria.

• Like 1

God, that was so bush league at the start of the show when Dikaj & Diesel were making their ring entrance and the camera focused on those two frat boy guidos standing next to the entry ramp drinking beers and not paying attention to anything going on.

Also, Jay Lethal doing guest commentary makes me long for the ultra-charismatic Bella Twins as heel guest commentators.

I didnt watch most of this show as I was turning back between football but I watched Dalton vs ACH. It was a good match. Silas coming out and trying to steal Dalton boys was funny.

It was actually Dalton-Cedric Alexander.

I'm completely torn as to whether I want Dalton with Silas as a boy, or Silas with the boys.  Both seem like they could be really entertaining to me.

I didnt watch most of this show as I was turning back between football but I watched Dalton vs ACH. It was a good match. Silas coming out and trying to steal Dalton boys was funny.

It was actually Dalton-Cedric Alexander.

I knew that my bad.

Speaking of bad team names... if Maria is in fact the brains of the operation, why are they called "The Kingdom?"

1) Because Queendom is a word not usually found in normal etymology when referring to a monarchy.

2) Dalton Castle is already running a male curious gimmick.  A tag-team made up off two guys being called The Queendom is so not cool.

For the nitpickers, I suppose they should've called themselves The Empire since it is gender neutral and referred to Maria as The Empress.

• Like 1

...And to keep this sad joke going I got Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander confused. This doesn't say good things about us, gentlemen.

I am already forgetting which flippy black dude is which.   I am guessing that RoH is using Veda Scott as a physical mnemonic.

Oh, Cedric Alexander is the flippy black guy whose manager is the white girl with the big ass.  Now I remember!

• Like 1

You may be the first person to ever refer to Cedric Alexander as a flippy black guy. His offense consists of little to no flippy moves.

Flippy black guy is my catch all term for homies working RoH not named Moose.

The movesets of Coleman, Cheeseburger, ACH, and Cedric all blur together after a while.  Even Jay Lethal kinda falls into that malaise and only manages to separate himself by being able to cut promos albeit not so great ones but much better than the previously mentioned workers.